Non OA retirement extension after dipping below 800,000 in one account -- report

Picky, picky IO.

I had two bank accounts (one savings and one fixed deposit) with total above 800k but individually below 800k but the officers didn't question this. I just presented both bank statements.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Picky, picky IO.

I had two bank accounts (one savings and one fixed deposit) with total above 800k but individually below 800k but the officers didn't question this. I just presented both bank statements.

Were your 2 accounts with same bank? 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Were your 2 accounts with same bank? 

It was initially with different banks about 400k each although I later transferred to same bank with two different accounts for convenience sake.

Both cases accepted with no problems.

Edited by EricTh

You are absolutely right, it is the total amount in Thai banks that needs to be equal to or greater than 800,000 THB

However, they are Immigration Officers , so best to do as they say. You don’t the headaches associated with arguing with them - salute, do as they say, and be on your way ????

"The lesson from my experience is, to be safe, keep it all in one account and make sure it does not dip below the requirement for any reason." 

The best lesson of all is to use a reputable agent and save yourself a lot of unnecessary hassle.

16 hours ago, Thaifly88 said:

You are absolutely right, it is the total amount in Thai banks that needs to be equal to or greater than 800,000 THB

However, they are Immigration Officers , so best to do as they say. You don’t the headaches associated with arguing with them - salute, do as they say, and be on your way ????

Remember a friend of mine telling the immigration officer he was going to London for a couple of weeks, she asked him if he could bring her back some perfume. 

He did, from the pound shop, she was very happy 

• Like 1