Phuket fallout of murder of Swiss woman:  Fearful tourists not even going out to eat

webfact

4 hours ago, BE88 said:

I am still not convinced that the one who smiled in the video is the killer and not the one who unfortunately passed , but in Thailand the efficiency of the police is known all over the world is Number One.

The DNA under her finger nails, would prove its him

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

As a follow on from the post, and without detracting from the original sad story of the poor lady, we have a few small eating establishments in Phuket.

I see the somewhat inflamatory headline as being potentially misleading. I am not able to speak on behalf of said "tourists" that stayed at home, but am happy to provide feedback that this last weekend was one our busiest of the year so far. The outlet in Patong, in particular, was generally full to the currently allowed limits and guests were, in the main, tourist "people" made up of singles, couples, small groups and families. This observation, of course, only reports details from the outlets that I know.

Finally I wonder how they managed to get the information from the tourists if they are not going out and staying in their rooms? Just a thought.

This was good. You really got a good point in the last question. 

Regarding the observation, I would say it must be quite correct. If so many people got <deleted> scared of being killed or raped, it must show in equal percentage on all establishments. Otherwise we will also have the result that the tough tourists are choosing special establishments. 

So Thailand is the only country in the world where women get raped & murdered ?

As terrible as it is why would a single lady go wandering into the bush alone in a strange country?

I could name 30 countries where I would not go into the bush alone in particular with unemployment due to Covid being so high. The fringe people are desperate to get their hands on a few bob

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

they do like to quote big misleading numbers

How do you figure that? If we take the numbers from July, with 14 000 visitors and assume there are same many in August. All have to stay many days on the Island before they can move around in Thailand. Is it them such a high number with 7 000 and 6 000 bookings per night?

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s quite misleading. But I believe what they are saying is that 7k rooms were occupied on 5th, this then dropped to 6k rooms on 6th. It’s not 6k additional rooms on 6th, most will be a carry over from 5th. Just that overall, after new guests come, old guests leave, there is reduction of 1k.

if all rooms have double occupancy, that means there are 14 k tourists in Phuket on 5th, falling to 12k tourists on the 6th. Of course, some rooms may be single occupancy and some may be family rooms, but you get the drift.

glad to have someone that knows how to read their BS misleading information   555

• Haha 1