Phuket fallout of murder of Swiss woman:  Fearful tourists not even going out to eat

webfact

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s quite misleading. But I believe what they are saying is that 7k rooms were occupied on 5th, this then dropped to 6k rooms on 6th. It’s not 6k additional rooms on 6th, most will be a carry over from 5th. Just that overall, after new guests come, old guests leave, there is reduction of 1k.

if all rooms have double occupancy, that means there are 14 k tourists in Phuket on 5th, falling to 12k tourists on the 6th. Of course, some rooms may be single occupancy and some may be family rooms, but you get the drift.

would you be interested in a job in TAT in the revenue department

• Haha 1

IN the meantime in Spain, Dutch guy on holiday was murdered. Kicked to death, by Dutch holiday gang. Holiday, celebrate, It could be, it could be so niiiiice

Two Dutch 15 yo had an argument end decided to fight each other with ... knifes 

One died.

Police officers globally nowadays first try to kill you and then see later what they were doing.

I know a site, there are phone movies, you wouldnt believe it is happening in this world, but it is. It changes your mood and you are about to vomit. I was just searching for funny things, but his site really wasnt.

Humans civilized? Big joke, we will never ever be.

So with climate change running , it is a good time to cut back on humans.

Or are we already trying by letting viruses doing their work?

The fearful tourists must be in great fear as not only do they not turn up for restaurants, they also don't use their hotel room. Wonder where they all slept...

Or perhaps the 1000 people had just finished their holiday and went home and no-one came to replace them.

48 minutes ago, gerritkaew said:

So killers kill you for 300tb, ( 3$ )

keep that in mind iff you wane go there for a relaxing holiday...

He most likely did not know how much money she had until after he killed her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s quite misleading. But I believe what they are saying is that 7k rooms were occupied on 5th, this then dropped to 6k rooms on 6th. It’s not 6k additional rooms on 6th, most will be a carry over from 5th. Just that overall, after new guests come, old guests leave, there is reduction of 1k.

if all rooms have double occupancy, that means there are 14 k tourists in Phuket on 5th, falling to 12k tourists on the 6th. Of course, some rooms may be single occupancy and some may be family rooms, but you get the drift.

Dang. EVERY time I use words of more than one syllable @Kadilo faithfully rewards me with a confused emoji ????????. I really do have to dumb my posts down even more for his benefit. Although that would then remove his infantile fun of tracking down every post of mine. ????????

maybe I’ll just do more posts instead.. He seems to feel the need to express himself.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Yep,

But I bet they have countries near their own countries a lot CLOSER to them than Thailand that have coasts and beaches, probably cleaner too!

There is absolutely nil reason to travel here right now.

There's every reason...no Chinese tourists allo voer the place!!...as long as parks and other facilities are sufficiently open, that is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Yutthasak said that his organisation would be contacting tourism agencies worldwide to gauge the impact of the case and work on an appropriate recovery strategy. 

Recovery strategy?

????

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Does that also mean they stop driving if a person die in traffic? Do they stop walk in stairs if someone falls down?

Ridiculous, rapes and murders happens in all countries. People just don´t stop go out eating because of that.

You’d be surprised. I retired from law enforcement and it wasn’t uncommon for me to have someone ask me if it was safe for them to carry on with their lives after they heard of some terrible crime that happened nowhere near where they lived. 

Let us look for the positive... the well-connected owners of the resorts will be able to make more profits from overpriced room service and dining in house. There will be less money wasted on the peasants in the high streets.......

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

IN the meantime in Spain, Dutch guy on holiday was murdered. Kicked to death, by Dutch holiday gang. Holiday, celebrate, It could be, it could be so niiiiice

Two Dutch 15 yo had an argument end decided to fight each other with ... knifes 

One died.

Police officers globally nowadays first try to kill you and then see later what they were doing.

I know a site, there are phone movies, you wouldnt believe it is happening in this world, but it is. It changes your mood and you are about to vomit. I was just searching for funny things, but his site really wasnt.

Humans civilized? Big joke, we will never ever be.

So with climate change running , it is a good time to cut back on humans.

Or are we already trying by letting viruses doing their work?

Are you sure they are Dutch or just Dutch passport holders?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ibtg68 said:

You’d be surprised. I retired from law enforcement and it wasn’t uncommon for me to have someone ask me if it was safe for them to carry on with their lives after they heard of some terrible crime that happened nowhere near where they lived. 

And your answer was always: No, just lie down and die. Let it go quick.

She had her vaccines and was wearing her mask thinking she was safe. ???? If people get afraid of this then they should understand how we feel after 1 1/2 year of covid stories. JUst an excuse to prepare for the failure of the sandbox. remember this is Thailand end it is always somebody else's fault.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

How does the swift arrest of someone after they've killed you supposed to inspire confidence ?

Yeah.  Especially considering it keeps happening.  Ok.  They got one of the murder prone psychopaths off the street, but it's the ones out there waiting to snap which would concern me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why would a rape/murder at a remote waterfall put people off from going to restaurants? As others have said the drop in customer numbers is surely 100% due to the restaurant alcohol ban.

The vast majority of tourists would want a proper drink with their evening meal out. Lobster Thermidor with a glass of 7-Up just doesn't cut it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Are you sure they are Dutch or just Dutch passport holders?

If you have Dutch passport , you are Dutch.

I heard something like, it were even wealthy Dutch and werent taken in yet,

Frustrating people again.