Thailand reports 20,902 new COVID-19 cases, 301 more deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Most cases today are in #Bangkok (4,410), followed by Samut Sakhon (1,739), Chonburi (1,339), Samut Prakan (937), Nakhon Pathom (644), Nakhon Ratchasima (639), Ratchaburi (585), and Nonthaburi (503).

* Numbers include inmates

#COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428188012110774272

I remember someone yesterday saying that it's good news that BKK numbers are reducing. Today's numbers are in fact higher than those of 2 days ago. Guess we won't get a post about this today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Did you just move the goal post from Opening for high season to now February, I am now confused.

Can you show me where in that post I said anything about when they will open? 

Yes clearly. 

31 minutes ago, realfunster said:

It is true that we have been hovering between 19k and 23k daily cases for about 2 weeks now.

Question is, is this related to lockdown and/or vaccination impacts or other effects, for example, has testing simply reached its maximum capacity ?

Hopefully a combination of the first two.

• Like 1

7 year old living alone after whole family contracts Covid, officials ask neighbours to help out

A 7 year old is living by himself after his 8 family members who also lived with him tested positive for Covid. Since the boy, identified as Bass, is the only family member not to test positive for Covid, he got to stay behind in his home in Nonthaburi, the province just outside of Bangkok.

A local rescue team, RX PSU, and other officials have visited Bass’s house. They confirmed that there are usually 9 people living in the house and that Bass is the only one to test negative for Covid. He was even given another Covid test recently and it still came back negative.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/7-year-old-living-alone-after-whole-family-contracts-covid-officials-ask-neighbours-to-help-out

• Sad 6

Three days ago my 2 brothers in law joined up to 500 villagers to go get their first Sinovac vaccine. My wife declined, like me, preferring to wait.

The brothers have a small business hiring out music etc for weddings, funerals etc but obviously no real customers for a while, so they for a month have joined the migrant workers planting a large area of rubber trees.

The migrant workers, including 2 friends, a couple in their mid 40s from Laos, also went for the vaccine.

Today the poo yai tannoyed the death of the girl. She had gotten sick and had been transferred to the local hospital where she died after less than 24 hours.

Whether related or not, the reaction in the village, where there was already resistance to having this vaccine, is now very anti to say the least.

RIP leaves a good husband and 2 children. My BiL knew them well, mid-40s and very fit outdoor workers.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Recoveries continue to outnumber new cases which is a positive sign going forwards. 

The daily number of new infections does not appear to be increasing rapidly as predicted by many indicating that the peak may well have been reached or be close to. 

Hopefully this will be reflected in the death numbers soon. 

Numbers are not true.

Positivity rate is around 40%, extremely high, but somehow understandable, as they test only those with symptoms and close contacts?

Anyways, most important figure is hospitalisations, the only useful thing by reporting new infections is media attention and everybody has benefited from this "strategy" from no name Twitter farangs in Thailand to The Big Boss, His Highness Prayuth.

• Like 1

For those from other Provinces

People, who have an appointment for the second shot of Covid-19 vaccine at the Bang Sue Grand Station can change the vaccination venue to a hospital in their hometowns. They are required to inform the hospital two weeks in advance before the appointment date.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1428215087949484042

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A message from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports: “Prepare to charge your battery in Hua Hin. Foreigners can travel without quarantine. Starts from 1st October 2021” #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428205163664220165

Good idea, but they should test incoming farangs 8 times, what if they give corona to that narak horse???

42 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A message from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports: “Prepare to charge your battery in Hua Hin. Foreigners can travel without quarantine. Starts from 1st October 2021” #Thailand

That would be great! ???? 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Three days ago my 2 brothers in law joined up to 500 villagers to go get their first Sinovac vaccine. My wife declined, like me, preferring to wait.

The brothers have a small business hiring out music etc for weddings, funerals etc but obviously no real customers for a while, so they for a month have joined the migrant workers planting a large area of rubber trees.

The migrant workers, including 2 friends, a couple in their mid 40s from Laos, also went for the vaccine.

Today the poo yai tannoyed the death of the girl. She had gotten sick and had been transferred to the local hospital where she died after less than 24 hours.

Whether related or not, the reaction in the village, where there was already resistance to having this vaccine, is now very anti to say the least.

RIP leaves a good husband and 2 children. My BiL knew them well, mid-40s and very fit outdoor workers.

Maybe there should be a separate thread for anti-vax anecdotes?

55 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Must be fake news as some people on this forum would never allow it ????

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailand's got its own answers to come up with on its policy of allowing the migrant workers to infect themselves in bubble and seal work camps before demanding answers from Finland.

Thailand demands answers over berry pickers' Covid outbreaks

More than 200 Thai berry pickers in Finland have been diagnosed with Covid-19 since the beginning of this month.

Thailand has demanded an explanation from Finnish authorities regarding a series of Covid outbreaks among Thai nationals working as berry pickers in Finland this summer.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/thailand_demands_finland_to_explain_berry_pickers_covid_outbreaks/12063239

Chalk and cheese, pot calling kettle black comes to mind and hypocrisy on Thai part. Thailand thinks it's perfectly ok to lock up together a few thousand migrant workers but complains when just 200 Thai migrants get covid in work place and I'm pretty sure the living conditions in Finland would be better than the migrant worker camps I'm Thailand.