Thailand reaches 1 million COVID-19 cases, plans vaccine boosters

snoop1130

What he's trying to say is that the regular vaccine is not working and you'd be better off just having the booster jab as you'd have better protection.

Look at Israel the most vaccinated country 90 %. There suffering much higher cases then they've had before and it seems the booster jab is required to dull the virus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Authorities are also mixing AstraZeneca and Sinovac shots to boost immunity and as a workaround for supply issues.

Total lunacy... the government stuffed up completely and now are mixing anything that they can get their hands on.

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

It like someone who gave up on making his first million and want to start making the second, yes, you will need the booster shot for sure, but arn't you getting a head of yourselves here with plans for third shot while most of the population didn't even get the first one yet?...

You are 100 % correct, but maybe someone is getting their head out from in their (----) and doing some planning as they should have done with the 1st vaccination program back in early 2020. If this is not the typical BS they should be applauded.

If a vaccine isn't working well for the delta variant in the first place, why would doing the same thing again make it any different? Either it works or it doesn't. Sounds like the definition of insanity to me.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over. Each time, expecting different results.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 10:17 AM, pentagara said:

Long story short: The issue of Thailand is not that it has used Sinovac. If it had vaccinated people with Sinovac like Chile did, numbers would be low now. The issue of Thailand is that the country decided last year that it can wait with mass-vaccinations until June 2021 (reminder: now is August 2021) ...

2 hours ago, Karma80 said:

I'm vaccinated with Sinovac. Thinking the only real option is to head to the US and get properly vaccinated. Otherwise, left with a Frankenstein mix and match certificate. In a world that is buying into "selected vaccines only" as a passport to travel or "show your papers" to live your daily life, this approach isn't gonna cut it outside of Thailand.

We know that Thailand did not mass-vaccinate. People vaxxed with Sinovac now regret it.

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

What else do you expect - time for CHANGE Uncle
You messed-up and ruined this country single handedly! 

Prayuth is running the country and Anutin is the Health Minister, typo error should read

Prayuth is ruining the country and Anutin is the Wealth Minister

• Like 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

has fuelled a recent revival of protests against Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, who has stood by his administration's strategy.

these loosers don't know when to quit

The Real Reason People Don't Know When to Quit

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/ambigamy/201205/the-real-reason-people-dont-know-when-quit

I have just had a very surprising phone call at 9am this morning, (Saturday), and told to head to our city on August 24th for the Pfizer vaccine to be administered in the hall opposite the main hospital. My name is on the list.

My first dose was AZ and my second dose of AZ, is due in September. I am in the high risk group.

Isn't AZ as first shot backed up by a second shot of Pfizer the best combination?

just count yourself as very lucky, because expatvac was opened only for those, who did not have any first shots. Clearly, it's their mistake, not checking with their databases.

For the genral population they are mixing and matching sinovac+AZ.

For medics 2 sinovac+pfizer.

I don't think in thailand they are doing 2nd with pfizer, but in europe and elsewhere they do give mrna as second

Edited by internationalism

I've read what appears to be a growing consensus that, even with the better vaccines like Pfizer, triple jabs may be needed. And on top of that, 6-monthly booster jabs going forward, due to the expected ongoing mutated COVID variants.

The inadequate efficacy of Sinovac against Delta strain, it appears will necessitate four boosters in total with another vaccine (three with AZ, Pfizer etc, instead of just the one or two currently being used).  I read one minister needing access to Canada recently had four shots so as to avoid quarantine. 

We're all going to eventually be infected with COVID.  Just hope I've got a round of at least two effective vaccines against Delta, when it does happen.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clydesdale said:

We know that Thailand did not mass-vaccinate. People vaxxed with Sinovac now regret it.

They should not be. Sinovac works about as well as the rest in keeping you alive. From what I've read a third vaccination of Sinovac is all that's really needed and Sinovac works as well as mix and matching. If you're choosing not to get vaccinated because of Sinovac's efficacy, you're making a deadly mistake.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand's passed the 1 million mark in coronavirus cases on Friday, 97% of which were recorded in the past five months

But, but, they were getting excellent advice from their "government". Just stay home and starve and we will buy a bunch of Chinese <deleted> and beg the rest of the world to donate effective vaccines. What a strategy, how could it have failed?