Thailand reports 20,571 new COVID-19 cases and 23,159 recoveries

webfact

30 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

I agree that the hospital system is swamped-why else are new hospitels being opened up in Pattaya? It may not be that Pattaya hospitals are swamped but those in neighbouring towns are.

So the swamped hospital patients are not so sick that they should be admitted to the nearby ‘unswamped’ Pattaya Hospitals? 

Makes one wonder if they calculate recoveries on a weekly basis and infections on a daily. Doesn´t stand anything about that, does it? ????

When there is information about a certain day, only infections and recoveries stands in the fat sentence.

image.gif

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This may or may not be the case. Perhaps you can outline these proceedures. I remember another poster saying, I think it was his brother in law, was sent home from hospital not fully recovered. I have said before that recovered patients increased by 100% almost overnight. I would like to know how this happened. Something must have changed. Releases went from 11k to >20k in less than a week.

The release from hospital is merely the first step in a long process of self isolation ,monitoring, testing ,home quarantine and if moving provinces the quarantine home isolation requirement starts all over again.

• Like 1

Very distressing images of inside a cardboard city field hospital, with a patient fighting for life and chaos ensues with an emergency resuscitation attempt. I'm really not sure with these official numbers on those in critical care when its obvious hospitals are full and there are not enough beds available. 

Click link to view

"Disturbing images from state's Busarakham Hospitel & its cardboard beds. #Thailand #WhatsHappeningInThailand #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิด19 #ป photo ht Bomza Patuk via Maem Phodum"

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1428738119906467843

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Deaths linked to Covid-19 among unvaccinated patients were over 100 times higher compared to those who have been inoculated, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) said

DDC deputy director-general Dr Sophon Iamsirithavorn said on Friday that from July 25 to August 19, 63.8 per cent of total Covid-19 deaths -- 2,969 people -- were those who had not been vaccinated against Covid-19.

“Only 26 deaths, or 0.6 per cent of total fatalities, were patients who had got two vaccine doses, which are significantly lower,” he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005043

63.8% of deaths are unvaccinated 

00.6% of deaths are vaccinated.

something seems missing here. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Very distressing images of inside a cardboard city field hospital, with a patient fighting for life and chaos ensues with an emergency resuscitation attempt. I'm really not sure with these official numbers on those in critical care when its obvious hospitals are full and there are not enough beds available. 

Click link to view

"Disturbing images from state's Busarakham Hospitel & its cardboard beds. #Thailand #WhatsHappeningInThailand #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิด19 #ป photo ht Bomza Patuk via Maem Phodum"

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1428738119906467843

It’s unclear if this is some ad hoc wing of a hospital, or some field hospital as used in Thailand for asymptomatic infected individuals.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Meanwhile I hear an expert at Chulalongkorn Hospital warned of a "ticking time bomb" for those who had their second Sinovac vaccine dose some time ago, and recommended booster shots due to a drop in immunity levels.

How long is ‘some time ago?’

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Deaths linked to Covid-19 among unvaccinated patients were over 100 times higher compared to those who have been inoculated, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) said

DDC deputy director-general Dr Sophon Iamsirithavorn said on Friday that from July 25 to August 19, 63.8 per cent of total Covid-19 deaths -- 2,969 people -- were those who had not been vaccinated against Covid-19.

“Only 26 deaths, or 0.6 per cent of total fatalities, were patients who had got two vaccine doses, which are significantly lower,” he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005043

41 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Is that an indication that the Sinovac vaccine may be providing a higher protection against the Delta variant than was first thought.? 

More than a indication . Living proof .

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The border with Laos remains closed and requires quarantine both sides, so not practical.

Are you and your wife both only Lao citizens? If you're a citizen of a Western country, you should check the vaccine eligibility policy for your country. In Canada and the US at least, the vaccines are plentiful and anyone is eligible regardless of nationality or legal status.

Mandatory quarantines are a pain if your destination country requires one, but if you can stay at <destination> for 3-4 months, you might be able to ride it out long enough that Thailand changes their entry requirements. And anyway, there's quality of life to consider as well. I flew back to Vancouver last week and am enjoying the quality of life improvement since there are significantly fewer restrictions here now - don't even have to wear a mask anymore! ????. And Thailand will get there too, but it might be a few months yet. Just something to consider.

Edited by The Cipher
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Now over 8% received double dose and on schedule to complete 70% of people by Mid Feb at current rates of vaccination. 

Excellent news and great effort by all those Nurses and front line volunteers. 

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

Agree on the effort; 2,226,326 doses administered over the past 4 reporting periods.

But...

Those with Sinovac 2X will require a third shot, or so the "authorities" tell us.

So the 70% figure, 50 mm people with 100 mm actually becomes ~ 125 mm doses.

And that Feb date assumes a decent supply of vaccine and willing patients, and maintaining the current rate, which seems challenging. Supplies of AZ and SV and SPh are limited.

Edited by mtls2005

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

How long is ‘some time ago?’

You could always seek out the article in B.P. and discover that, but a good clue is that Thailand only started jabbing health workers in March and obviously they would be the first, some time after that it would have been the other groups

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pattaya1234was said:

I agree that the hospital system is swamped-why else are new hospitels being opened up in Pattaya? It may not be that Pattaya hospitals are swamped but those in neighbouring towns are.

Also the mass shipping of Issan people back to fill the hospitals here - thousands....

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It’s unclear if this is some ad hoc wing of a hospital, or some field hospital as used in Thailand for asymptomatic infected individuals.

Fair sure an asymtomatic person would't be receiving CPR or wearing a nasal cannula.

12 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ah! But is says recovered. If recovered and one can't be half recovered so it must mean fully recovered why is this necessary? You are either recovered or not. Being that these measures are in place it can only mean that patients are being released from hospital care not fully recovered and hence to label these people as recovered is simply not the case. I have posited before that recoveries and I believe these to be true recoveries ran at about 50% of admissions. From this one can postulate then that from the 'new' recovered numbers around 50% are indeed not fully recovered and to label them as such is pure deception.

That depends entirely on when they are officiallyreleased, surely after the steps I mentioned have been finalised. Perhaps TR can tell us in the case of his step daughter? 

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You could always seek out the article in B.P. and discover that, but a good clue is that Thailand only started jabbing health workers in March and obviously they would be the first, some time after that it would have been the other groups

So same advice that is being given in other places like the UK then who will use a different vaccine but will require a booster. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

So same advice that is being given in other places like the UK then who will use a different vaccine but will require a booster. 

No very different actually, timeframe wise and category of people needing boosters first. Robust studies are lacking for Sinovac with delta

Edited by Bkk Brian

Rapid test are not included in the offcial number - but - these people need to take another PCR test the next day (or 2 or 3 days) and if positive then will be included in the following days figures as confirmed cases. Are people missing this part of the equation they harp on about rapid tests being invalid and not taken into account in official numbers.