Fugitive police chief 'Jo Ferrari' surrenders

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

How long has the practise of plastic bags over the heads to gain confessions been going on?

I remember Colin Martin, author of ' Welcome to Hell '  complaining about this back in the early 2000s.

Answer:- Forever, it's a tried and trusted technique in this mafioso style of policing.

The Khmer Rouge found it a cheap and easy killing method. Saved on the cost of a bullet. 

• Like 2

I always remember when I first came to Thailand that the taxi driver who drove me from the airport pointed out a big house next to the tollway and said that it belonged to the best police chief money could buy- although maybe his english was not good?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

The whole world is watching Thailand. It won’t go away.  

Don't bet on that it will go all quite soon and Thailand don't give a fig about what the world thinks, cos they'll just apply more smoke and mirrors until its all forgotten until a few years down the track when maybe there is a trial.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kotsak said:

That Lazy Susan on the table must be handy for sharing meals I assume?

No, if you look very carefully its been modified with a little red arrow on the top, its spun around so if it points directly to the suspect it indicates "as guily as <deleted>" but if it points to another officer around the table it indicates nothing and the case should be dropped and burried in a pit of paperwork.

Its a very accurate and high tech device invented by a leading Thai scientist.

• Haha 2

I would speculate (I have never been a policemen and don't want to imply this across the board) that police sometimes have to pay superiors for promotions and a percent of what they can earn off the books. There may be some who would prefer him to stay quiet. Maybe should introduce him to the Red Bull guys for hints and tips.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

all a big misunderstanding at the end, should be released and back on the job before next week

let’s not speculate on appropriateness of that here, judges decide and video footage speaks for itself.

Investigators surely will get to the bottom of this. Hardly the job of ANO users.

Edited by KKr

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

The Khmer Rouge found it a cheap and easy killing method. Saved on the cost of a bullet. 

Yeah,

But they were so stupid and dumb as....., I mean killing people for wearing spectacles because they made them look intelligent and educated in the eyes of the Khmer Rouge?

They used plastic bags and clubbing to death because there was a shortage of bullets. It's a very sad place is S21 and the killing fields, even though tourists now only get a ' sanitized version '

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Denim said:

On television somebody ( a friend ? ) explained that he made a lot of money selling honey online and has been doing it for 20 years

Honey or brown sugar? He mus have been  genius setting up an online business 20 years ago while almost nobody had a PC let alone internet connection. How come his superiors are still walking around free? Do they not check a person before getting promoted?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, katana said:

Wonder if they'll make him do the obligatory crime re-enactment, complete with plastic bag and someone playing the part of the victim?

Somehow, I don't think so.

Probably the supermarket, who provided the plastic bags, filed complaint ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, tomacht8 said:

That is unbelievable. The plastic bag killer alone tracked down and seized the 368 cars? 400 million for him alone and no other policeman got anything from the cake? That stinks.

Not to worry; those others are gonna get their portion soon I figure.  ???? 

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if he has a little black book with interesting names that would rather remain in the dark?

Of course he has, nobody could achieve what he has in terms of: wealth, property, expensive cars etc., without serious help and collusion.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, KKr said:

let’s not speculate on appropriateness of that here, judges decide and video footage speaks for itself.

Investigators surely will get to the bottom of this. Hardly the job of ANO users.

Without speculation TVF would wither and die.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 1:08 PM, JohnHans said:

No, if you look very carefully its been modified with a little red arrow on the top, its spun around so if it points directly to the suspect it indicates "as guily as <deleted>" but if it points to another officer around the table it indicates nothing and the case should be dropped and burried in a pit of paperwork.

Its a very accurate and high tech device invented by a leading Thai scientist.

Actually it's a spinoff technology of the Thai Space Program.

It's a compass used for celestial navigation.

• Confused 1