England adds Thailand and Montenegro to travel red list

webfact

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's a corner table in the Robin Hood. Upstairs so that you can't find and disturb them.

Where did they spend the money they received from selling the embassy and property. Asking for my friends goldfish...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where did they spend the money they received from selling the embassy and property. Asking for my friends goldfish...

Understand it went to the UK Treasury to be used to upgrade Embassies around the world  Oh! and some new curtains for Boris and Carrie.Lol

Edited by Havenstreet1940
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Kaboom, and unless there is now a need and specific reason to get to Thailand it appears the UK folks will not be heading here to Vacation.  Today will also see the CCSA reduce restrictions in preparations for opening the country in the near future.  Unfortunately, for tourism issues it will only be domestic tourism for now, but hey I hope to be able to visit Phuket again as well as a few other locales instead of being just stuck in BKK.  As always traveling safely by my own vehicle and ensuring my family is safe as well.  Maybe by mid 2022 or for 2022's high season the country will still be around and not destroyed by this government.  On another note, the shopping markets have been obviously depleted of the imported foods as many shelves in Villa, Gourmet foods, and Tops have many empty shelves and freezer sections.

Villa on Sukhumvit is up for sale. 13m thb they were wanting. Bit of a risk at the moment given the demographic it caters to if you ask me.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Villa on Sukhumvit is up for sale. 13m thb they were wanting. Bit of a risk at the moment given the demographic it caters to if you ask me.

They can ask what they want, it's what they'll get that is the question!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Understand it went to the UK Treasury to be used to upgrade Embassies around the world  Oh! and some new curtains for Boris and Carrie

I think it was Gordon Browns government if my memories are accurate? Selling everything to make the new labour deficit look less worse than it was. 

• Like 1

I just spoke with some Brits this morning who were due to leave Phuket Sunday and would have had to do quarantine in the UK, they have booked another flight and leave Saturday, 500 pound extra, as an alternative they did consider flying to Malta which is on the green list then back to England.

3 minutes ago, paulikens said:

would it be possible to fly indirect to get round it or would you still be pulled?  asking for a friend

I posted above what some English people are doing, if the couldn't have got on emerites back to UK they considered flying to Malta then to England

6 hours ago, condobrit001 said:

Great job British Embassy in Thailand!

You've had a few sarky responses to that asking whats its got to do with the British Embassy but you are perfectly correct

They would have been giving "hard on the ground" information back to the British Government

Whilst not entirely down to the BE they'd have had a big input for sure

• Like 2
  • Sad 1