Thailand makes Bloomberg’s list of ‘worst places to be’ for current phase of the pandemic

webfact

So...., now all those Bloomberg Billionaires-readers-investors go read that , and have second thought's about the in the making "A Miami like Pattaya " ,????

Thailand Tourist department will not happy about this ....????

43 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Sort of contradicts an earlier article this week stipulating, that TripAdvisor voted Thailand the next best thing after sliced bread or so ? 

No surprise as that has to earn from tourism .... so they have to promote a dying case even 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand, along with several other South East Asian countries, have made Bloomberg’s list of worst places to be for the current phase of the pandemic which has been fueled by the spread of the Delta variant.

While Thailand was one of the most successful countries to tackle the virus in 2020, the country has regressed horribly with the spread of Delta in 2021.

Thailand has seen 1,092,006 cases and 10,220 deaths since April 1 with a mortality rate of 0.94% making it one of the hardest hit countries this year.

When media organizations and governments disagree:

Which one is the true conspiracy theorist?  Hummm.  I wonder?  ????

s

-77.9%

▼1

49.4%

%

Edited by sanuk711
what a mess up..............DUH
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

When I was a newbie I was told to look for the "apple as i usually means there's a banana"

I heard they can get that apple shaved down....I usually go for the hands or feet and of course the deep.."hellllll-llooooooooo"  bai naiiiiii?  where u goooooooo????

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I heard they can get that apple shaved down....I usually go for the hands or feet and of course the deep.."hellllll-llooooooooo"  bai naiiiiii?  where u goooooooo????

Yeah same as me that was the next check, along with the "mannerisms" usually a give-away too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, carlyai said:

When it first hit Thailand and there were so many Chinese travellers I thought it would spread very quickly. Pattaya for instance. But it didn't and someone should take a bit of credit for that.

How do you know it didn’t when there was practically no testing yet a ‘viral pneumonia’ was going around?

18 hours ago, david555 said:

No surprise as that has to earn from tourism .... so they have to promote a dying case even 

Even dead cases? 345 visitors to Samui vs. 19'000 visitors to Phuket. The latter figure is of course total rubb1sh and of yet another untraceable governmental source ....... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect Thailand is buying up baht on the currency markets.. they have plenty of foreign reserves.

Yes they do -- but no one in gov't wants the baht to go back below 33 to the dollar, since exports are the bright spot today (thanx, in part, to the cheaper baht), and a cheaper baht is needed to entice those, hopefully, future tourists. But, with such sound financial fundamentals as Thailand has, in spite of tourism cratering, the baht -- and Thailand's future -- looks like a good bet to many smart money and investment managers -- thus, maybe, why the baht has surged recently...... (And they really don't care that a coup general is PM -- as long as he can maintain stability in the streets, and have some smart folks working the basics of gov't.)

And Moody's latest report, which probably had large influence on the baht's surge -- and while drifting from "positive" to "stable," is still a firm endorsement for Thailand. Here's a tidbit of the report, but read the whole thing for a better understanding:

The affirmation of Thailand's Baa1 ratings reflects Moody's view that the country's strong public and external finances provides Thailand with significant room to counter shocks, including those currently emanating from the coronavirus. Thailand's past record of solid fiscal metrics suggests that fiscal repair is likely after a marked increase in the government's debt burden in the next few years. In addition, Moody's expects that Thailand's large and diverse economy will absorb the current shock to economic growth without a lasting impact on its growth potential.

https://www.moodys.com/research/Moodys-changes-Thailands-rating-outlook-to-stable-from-positive-affirms--PR_422559

Christ, too much doom and gloom in today's news. Here in CM the daily covid cases are low, as are hospitalizations and deaths; malls are open; restaurants too (without my glass of wine, however); barber shops; golf courses. Just what am I missing (other than rubbing elbows with tourists)? No, i"ll just continue to read TripAdvisor and Bloombergs and Moody's -- and yawn. And hope the economy comes back sooner, rather than later..... I guess the follow on covid acts will have something to say about that....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

5 secs later when somchai in the back decks you for taking pics of his girl....fellow thais drop incense and join in on the head stomping....  ???? fortune teller gets up..

I would offer Somchai 500B for the pics if she takes her clothes off. I think it's likely that he will agree. Worst case he will ask for a few hundred baht more. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would offer Somchai 500B for the pics if she takes her clothes off. I think it's likely that he will agree. Worst case he will ask for a few hundred baht more. 

have a few wingmen with you......or if you own a dog, bring with.....or just ask to scan her QR code!

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2021 at 4:12 PM, ezzra said:

Pffff... who? Bloomberg? Bloomberg is not our father...

I think they are talking about Bloomberg Business Week, which I happen to subscribe to,  and not Michael Bloomberg himself.  And no, he is not my father either.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, RichardColeman said:

Worst place for covid and now on red lists, worst case for road deaths, worst place for corruption and police brutality, low freedom index, sandbox murders, washed away beaches. Be fair the TAT have a hell of a job spinning anything positive these days.

Don’t forget fastest rising currency—up 3% in two weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isaan sailor said:

Don’t forget fastest rising currency—up 3% in two weeks.

Yes Amazing Thailand and no reason why the Teflon Baht has started to return to higher levels.  in 1 week as you said it has gone from $1 USD to 33.46, to $1 USD to 32.46 today.

image.png.6c27e9149c804afe9581f6c8a86315a8.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

thailand has only some 130 deaths per million. World's average is 650, with peru 5900 (some 42x of thailan's deaths).

The most important - thai health system did not collapse, as in so many other countries during the first wave over a year ago.

Thailand did not introduces strong measures, wuhan type, with 24h curfew for everybody.

Even if in an unlikely event thailand goes to the world average, we can still consider ourselves lucky to be here now.

Thai 4th wave is nothing in comparison to what's happening to myanmar, malaysia and the majority of countries