No special privileges for Joe Ferrari - he's in quarantine in a fan room not air-conditioning

webfact

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Stripping him of all his wordily possessions, rank and power for good will be  his worst prison he can never escape from, AC or no AC...

Yes, take away all those "wordily" [sic] possessions, that will shut him up! 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Joe is walking on thin ice and time will tell if he will make it to the other side.

There were a shakeout within the ranks of the police force right after the coup. Remember the police officer that was seeking political asylum in Australia?

Others were arrested and some died of blood infection while detained. 

oooh I recall that, word is they upset Schwepppes, by-you-know-who.

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

His room and that of the other policemen had bars, CCTV and an external fan.

So he occupies a single cell and doesn't have to share the bucket in the corner with 30 other inmates and scramble for a sleeping spot? How is that NOT a privilege?

You're the one who is saying that he "occupies a single cell", the article did not say that, it described a room with other inmates while they are being quarantined.   

There is no "bucket in the corner" of prison accommodation, it's equipped with a toilet and there is no "scrambling for sleeping spots, most prison accommodations have a specific number of occupants with allocated places for sleeping.    

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, johng said:

Another one hung himself with his socks  from the door hinges in his cell !!!

That is right, totally forgot about him.

The housecleaning can be brutal when it might tarnish the name at the top.

There were also 11 billion baht in cash cleared out and a condo in the center of Bangkok full of valuables cleared out.

Joe is not a big fish, he is from Nakhon Nowhere after all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It should be remembered that this man has not yet been tried, sentenced and convicted. If you presume 'innocent until proven guilty' why should he be remanded in convicted prisoner conditions? Suspects held pending prosecution and trial deserve to be accommodated comfortably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I don't believe that for 1 second. I will bet that he is getting very special treatment no way he is eating prison food either.

If he's in quarantine the chances are that he will be provided with food as he and the others will not be able to use the prison shop.   However, as with all prison inmates, hiso or not, if outsiders send food in for him he would be able to have that.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Wifey says you can buy all sorts of luxuries in jail (she's not been jailed, but knows everything).

He will certainly not be eating prison food she claims.

Depends on what you consider to be luxuries but inmates do have access to a shop where they can buy food, drink, toiletries and other items and alternative food can be ordered the previous night for a small charge for those who want to pay for it.   Visitors can also buy food for the prisoners.    But he's in quarantine and that may restrict what he has access to initially, your wife may not have taken that into consideration.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

It should be remembered that this man has not yet been tried, sentenced and convicted. If you presume 'innocent until proven guilty' why should he be remanded in convicted prisoner conditions? Suspects held pending prosecution and trial deserve to be accommodated comfortably.

You're right but, unfortunately, that does not happen in Thailand.  Anyone who is remanded in custody is usually sent to the remand prison that also houses convicted prisoners no longer on remand and the conditions are the same for everyone.   It happens in other countries also for those remanded in custody, they're held in jail.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Just a little bit off topic ( apologies mods ) but do you believe that to be the case with the young demonstrators/protesters ? Exactly the same, no trial, no conviction, no sentence, I doubt very much that they are living in the lap of luxury.

Back on topic, he deserves all the cr*p coming his way and a whole lot more.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

In my exps thais prefer fans and freak out over AC as they think it will kill them..

As an aside, I  wish Mrs Poohy was terrified of A/C it would save on terrifying lecky bills

As another aside wrong forum...oops

Edited by poohy
  • Sad 1

The governor said that he had been contacted by the director of the corrections department as the allegations of preferential treatment hit the internet and assured him that was not the case with pictures sent to his chief.

I bet he gets to shower alone... or he'll be known as Joe soap when he crawls out.

• Like 1

He would undergo a further psychological assessment

Quote:- "after six layers of plastic bags were wrapped tightly round his (the victim's) head"

I know what my assessment report would state "  ordered to be detained in a mental hospital at .......................... pleasure!

13 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote:- "after six layers of plastic bags were wrapped tightly round his (the victim's) head"

On Thai TV news the other day  they where doing a kind of re-enactment

of the plastic bag on head "interrogation" method

unbelievably they said the the bags where used so the person in custody  wouldn't be able to identify/see the interrogator  and that there was no need for multiple bags as just one black bag was sufficient !! :crazy:

Yes totally sufficient to suffocate the suspect to death !

• Like 1

Had a friend held in Bangkok hilton pending extradition, later spoke with him whilst in his UK  prison he said that he put on weight in Bangkok and lost in back in UK.

When visiting him you couldn't help but notice a massive caged off area from which you could buy almost any food, obviously at a premium.

So I've no doubt that Jo while not having sirloin will be eating purchases from the 'on site shop'

Will they put him and the others in gen-pop where prisoners as stacked like cord word.  Nice roomy cell with a fan.  I wonder who many of the other prisoners would like a room with a fan?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He was reportedly less stressed on Sunday, reported Sanook, as he tucked into prison food.

He would undergo a further psychological assessment due yesterday. 

Do we see a "not mentally capable" defense coming up here. Thai news reported that he is now bi-polar.

They will stop at nothing to get him off.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I don't believe that for 1 second. I will bet that he is getting very special treatment no way he is eating prison food either.

He has way too much info and can implicate those above him, he will be taken care of very well. You can already see how they are lining up to help him.

This goes right to the top.

Or he falls from the top floor of the prison building, gets a nasty, deadly desease or hangs himself with his socks.

This happened before.

• Like 1