Malls to Reopen, Dining-in to Resume

snoop1130

Screenshot_20210831-144629_YouTube-1536x657.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 31 (TNA) – Shopping centers will reopen and dining-in at eateries will resume tomorrow as allowed by the government in accordance with its eased COVID-19 control measures.

The resumption of business and activities will take effect in 29 dark-red provinces of maximum and strict controlled zones. Malls and eateries were allowed to operate until 8pm.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-770227

tnalogo.jpg

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

I've got a feeling there's a reason they're doing this and it's got nothing to go with helping the malls and other businesses out.

The infection charts over the next few months should reflect the reasoning - everything that happens from now on is planned for. Remember that.

I don’t believe there’s been a lot of planning put into any of this ???? But for now it looks like there is alignment of interests with retail business and this is good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I've got a feeling there's a reason they're doing this and it's got nothing to go with helping the malls and other businesses out.

The infection charts over the next few months should reflect the reasoning - everything that happens from now on is planned for. Remember that.

What do you mean?

So, according to the link given in the OP,  customers must be fully vaccinated?  I thought that this requirement had been abandoned, temporarily at least, as the vaccination rate is currently very low so hardly anyone would be able to 'eat in'.

Whether or not the requirement extends to malls in general - not just restaurants in malls - is unclear, to me at least,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

Whether or not the requirement extends to malls in general - not just restaurants in malls - is unclear, to me at least,

The vaccination requirements for dine in and malls in general were never workable. The gf has eyelash appointment in a Fortune Town this morning. Of course no Vax required for her and staff.

Lot of people taking about eat in shopping malls.....that's only small proportion of where folk eat. On out street so many open air sit down street food outlets. All the office folk eat there. Much more than the two shopping complexes nearby 

The first idea was just plain stupid.

15 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I don’t believe there’s been a lot of planning put into any of this ???? But for now it looks like there is alignment of interests with retail business and this is good.

May also want to align with crematorium so there's no bottleneck in customer satisfaction.

4 minutes ago, chikili said:

My question after seeing these on different FB pages is, are we allowed to step into malls without proof of vaccination/atk neg. result or not? I thought those requirements were discarded...  

image.png.0a69b03da22cf77f1cf994336d36cc1a.pngimage.png.f20239bf663dc99c29c9342cdfb6b330.pngimage.png.7719dc4a60afe7567f88c84bd935b2bc.pngimage.png.0095b5b9d0c792c78a275deeff44a5aa.png 

They have certainly been discarded in Bangkok.  It has been great to see Centralworld back to (near) normal today.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doctormann said:

So, according to the link given in the OP,  customers must be fully vaccinated?  I thought that this requirement had been abandoned, temporarily at least, as the vaccination rate is currently very low so hardly anyone would be able to 'eat in'.

No, read it again. Staff must be 2 x vaxxed.

6 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They have certainly been discarded in Bangkok.  It has been great to see Centralworld back to (near) normal today.  

Then I'm totally puzzled as to why would they post this just 20 hours ago on their FB:

image.png.8f6bc85d430274d3e11884255e8d94ea.png

TiT.

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No, read it again. Staff must be 2 x vaxxed.

Well, this is what the link says.

'Eatery operators and staff must have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccination. If anyone had been infected, they must have recovered 1-3 months ago and conduct weekly antigen tests.

Customers must have been fully vaccinated. If they had been infected, their recovery must be within 1-3 months ago or their antigen tests must return negative within the past week. (TNA)'

Seems pretty clear that it applies to staff and customers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, transam said:

I think it's a case of those who want to mingle and take a chance can do so, the likes of yourself can carry on as usual........????

Amusingly the only affect to my lifestyle the current/ended restrictions had was not being able to buy a beer at the 7/11 if I did a bit of overtime in the afternoon !!

Easily solved by fitting a fridge in my car to keep my drive home beer cold.

So yeah, happy to keep ticking along as usual.. as for mingling with friends, we meet every Saturday at alternate houses for a BBQ and a few beers/wines.

Report from shopping mall.

So the gf had appointment today 10.30 at nails/lash joint in a Fortune Town complex.

She had to wait 15mins for the 5 staff to have the rapid test. These negatives results where sent to Fortune office. 

We then ate in Jap restaurant.

All those plastic separations in the food courts have been removed.

No customers anywhere are tested or asked anything. 

You wouldn't even know there was covid situation.

All the street vendors with open air and undercover eating were in full operation. In our area all the office staff from businesses eat there.

My Kasikorn bank was closed. Gf tells me that they require full vaccination for staff. Yet to get there yet. Other banks open.

Seems pretty busy here.

I assume places such as Homepro etc are also fully open. Gf tells me that they are. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jillie Norman said:

Glad to know they are trying to recover the economy But, still, precautions must be practiced even you are fully vaccinated. Still wear mask and stay away from crowded places. 

That would mean you can't go and obtain vaccination at many places. Bang Sue prime example.

The shopping centre is not crowded but lot of folk shopping.