Pfizer side effects

DefaultName

Right after 1st Pfizer dose, had lunch at an Indian restaurant, then off to BigC for a few things (they have the right beer, among other things).  Felt dizzy, so wife & I checked out early, and drove home.  Symptoms gone by next morning.

Next shot, will go straight home.

• Like 1

To quote the thais--same same but different as we all are with vaccines and our bodies

I got Pfizer--dose one--just slight sore arm

2nd dose -laid me out that night-but felt much better next day...mai pen rai!

So it did what it was supposed to--a test run to get my body ready NEXT time....

Odd, got shot in left arm so my Lymph node in my armpit was swollen for a week--some folks get this too %16 I think...I called it my sideboob!

So again--effects everyone same same but different--or not at all!....results may vary...same as with bargirls in LOS! ????

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Everyone has different experiences with this vaccine. Some have no side effects at all. Others get hit hard.

I had none with the first, and only a bit with the second. That's just my personal experience. YMMV.

Same here. They may have injected water for all the side effects I did not get.

• Like 2

Thanksgiving.

I'm scheduled for Pfeizer in Khon Kaen  in 9 day's.  It's a long drive so I've booked a hotel just in case.

I've heard that the second one can be worse.

Good luck!

"Here’s Why Your Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine Will Likely Have Stronger Side Effects"

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-why-your-second-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-will-likely-have-stronger-side-effects

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Might not be a correlation between first and 2nd doses…friends in the States did have some side effects with 2nd dose nothing with first…

I had a sore arm for 2 days with first and even that as quite minor 

This seems to be a trend with mRNA vaccines - less side effects with the first and more with the 2nd. Astrazeneca seems to be the opposite. I had headache and tiredness after the first az shot and practically nothing after the second (only sore at the site of injection). With az there are stronger side effects with younger people - onder people don't feel much. Not sure about pfizer though. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DefaultName said:

They started about 8 hours after, lasted through 2 nights, the first bad, by the second it was mostly over.

I get my second dose next week.

Asking there won't help me to arrange company in advance.

It's a conveyor belt type of vaccine strategy.

Best to know before you go.

Have a backup plan in case you may need assistance.

Be prepared.

* Most people have little or no side effects.

20 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I have today declined an appointment to have the pfizer vaccine as my uk doctor told me some months ago that the vaccine has the potential to cause an Anaphalixis reaction which I have unfortunately experienced previously,

i had registred to have Astrazeneca but obviously  that is not available.

So, you obviously left out some information ie. having an anaphylaxis reaction is generally due to an allergic reaction.  My guess is you are allergic to an antibiotic such as penicillin. Just an FYI, they do ask about allergies while they are putting your information into their computer system.  After asking the nurse consults with a doctor before proceeding.  

Hi first dose I had a slight fever for 3 hours. Slight ache for a day.

Second dose I started sneezing, runny nose, made it hard to sleep. Also had to sleep 12 hours after that went away, ached all over and slight fever. Took a day off work. I am 51 btw.

Well worth the 90% (at least) less chance of dieing from Covid19.

Some colleagues got very tired and headaches and took a day off also, one had two days off. some nothing.

Edited by Nemo.
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Try the BCCT, they have AstraZenica available.

Thankyou for the suggestion but not necessay now.   Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen having received my email declining, called me and said they would arrange an appointment to have AZ.   10/10 for their proactive help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

also younger people tend to have worse reactions from what I've been told.

Because I had NO reactions (not even sore arm) I googled it and it appears, generally older people (I'm 70) tend to have less or no reactions. 

Second shot on 13th.

BUT I hired car and driver to take me (to Medpark hospital ) wait for me and drive me home. 

Was worth B1000 not to have to worry about Bangkok traffic, parking and possibly feeling off after the jab.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PMEL said:
22 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I have today declined an appointment to have the pfizer vaccine as my uk doctor told me some months ago that the vaccine has the potential to cause an Anaphalixis reaction which I have unfortunately experienced previously,

i had registred to have Astrazeneca but obviously  that is not available.

So, you obviously left out some information ie. having an anaphylaxis reaction is generally due to an allergic reaction.  My guess is you are allergic to an antibiotic such as penicillin. Just an FYI, they do ask about allergies while they are putting your information into their computer system.  After asking the nurse consults with a doctor before proceeding.  

Indeed..... 

Anyone suffering Anaphylaxis from one of the Covid-19 vaccines is very likely to suffer a similar response from any of the other vaccines, MMR, Influenza, Tetanus etc.

It is very likely their response is already known.

The side effects from the Covid-19 vaccines are normal, the warm feeling, numb arm through to full on feverish symptoms - its all part of the bodies innate immune response. 

The very rare serious side effects such as Thrombocytopenia (blood clots due to thinned platelet count) are equally as likely to occur in a patient who’s taken any of the other vaccines i.e. influenza (according to some reports I read). 

26 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Because I had NO reactions (not even sore arm) I googled it and it appears, generally older people (I'm 70) tend to have less or no reactions. 

Second shot on 13th.

BUT I hired car and driver to take me (to Medpark hospital ) wait for me and drive me home. 

Was worth B1000 not to have to worry about Bangkok traffic, parking and possibly feeling off after the jab.

Sensible thinking.... But really, perhaps unnecessary. 

I know the hospital ask people to wait for 30 mins, but thats a ‘local over reaction’, elsewhere (in other countries) people just receive the vaccine and go home or to where-ever it is they were going to. 

I started to feel ropey that evening.

Any innate response takes a good few hours to kick in. 

22 hours ago, Ninafarm said:

I've been waiting months for my Pfizer shot,, got approved, just waiting for the call. Side affects,,, a little stress and numbness , especially when reading this forum, cold beer is my only hope, till I get the call.

I just got email confirmation of my first Pfizer jab for Sept 8 at Bangkok hospital in Huahin, no charge.

I confirmed immediately as they warn. They attached a PDF form to fill and bring with me. They had my phone but confirmed by mail, no call yet.

I thought it was a long shot and the first time I even attempted to register. In any event I'm grateful.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sensible thinking.... But really, perhaps unnecessary. 

I know the hospital ask people to wait for 30 mins, but thats a ‘local over reaction’, elsewhere (in other countries) people just receive the vaccine and go home or to where-ever it is they were going to. 

I started to feel ropey that evening.

Any innate response takes a good few hours to kick in. 

Actually Richard it wasn't so much about a possible reaction,  but just couldn't be bothered driving fro Thanyaburi (Rangsit) down the Khlong Toei, trying to park, and return. 

It was much easier being "chauffer driven "

I also know this guy for a few years and I know business has been lean, so was happy to offer him some work. 

Repeat on the 13th.

If anything (post jab) I had a happy,   almost euphoric feeling ,and actually some chronic muscle/joint aches vanished. 

But they're back to "normal" again now !! Like a lot of we senior citizens. 

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2021 at 8:48 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Everyone has different experiences with this vaccine. Some have no side effects at all. Others get hit hard.

I had none with the first, and only a bit with the second. That's just my personal experience. YMMV.

I (mid-60s, M) had no reaction to either (no, it wasn't water, it was a work setting so trustworthy 555).

My colleague (50, F) had a 'bad' reaction to the first - stiff arm, bit of swelling, bit of an ache. No reaction to the second.

A reaction merely shows the body is gearing up to deal with the invader anyway - it's not a bad sign.

Anaphylactic shock is obviously of a (potentially deadly) different order.

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, elgenon said:

I was only a little tired the day I got my shots. Both. Now Shingrix. I had fever, chills, noises in my head, hallucinations etc etc. Worst night of my life.

Also two shots.

Wow! Same with me! The second Shingrix knocked me out for 2 days!  My arm is still swollen and sore 5 days later!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:19 PM, mtls2005 said:

How soon after the first dose did these symptoms first present?

How long did they last?

Maybe ask when you go in for your second dose? Surely those medical professionals have the experience and knowledge to help you.

Or just trust loons on the interwebs, like me.

I got Pfizer and had a sore arm for a couple of hours and nothing else

11 hours ago, Monkey Boy said:

Guys,

Was Pfizer obtained in Bangkok? If so how?

Trying to get it here in Si Sa Ket but without success. Registered with expatvac but been told to only expect sinovac / AZ out here.

Cheers

There was a big expat Pfizer vaccination at the park on the lake vaccination hall the afternoon of 1st September. 

The next vaccination is expected 4 weeks after that with no confirmed date as it all depends when Pfizer is issued from Bangkok.

I suggest you contact your local clinic/hospital and ask to be added on the next Pfizer list.