Cha-Am: Search for missing Netherlands pensioner "who went out for a beer" stepped up

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Ban Muang

Ban Muang reported that a 61 year old Thai woman called Rachot Janwijit from Nayang, Cha-Am had reported her 79 year old husband missing after he went out for a beer on his motorcycle on Tuesday.

Francis from the Netherlands had been headed for Nong Pradu village in Tha Yang on his Fino bike plate number กรท 954.

She reported to Tha Mai police that she had been in phone contact with her husband until late evening when he called to say that he had got lost in some woods, it was raining heavily and he didn't know where he was.

Following this there was no more contact despite many calls to his phone.

Yesterday Phetchaburi provincial police chief Pol Maj-Gen Kawindechathorn said that a search party of 100 local and tourist police plus kamnan and phu yai ban were stepping up their search.

They were focusing on an area of 20 kilometers radius from where the last phone contact was made before the phone's battery apparently went dead.

Hospitals in the area have been checked but so far there has been no reported sighting of the man. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Hope they find him OK.  I treat my phone as the holy grail of life preservers and never let the battery get below 50%. Even got a USB socket on my scooter. 

I  on the other hand rarely  turn mine  on always  leave it at  home and remember when there was no such thing as and we coped. Hope  the  ole  fella  turns  up  ok,  in fact often is the case there is  nowewhere in Thailand where people arent wandering around in forests and  jungle am sure someone will see  him

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

Do they have bars in the woods there?

One would think that the bar was adjacent to some tarmac which he should have stayed on,  how in gods name do you get from a bar to lost in the woods?

Unless like you say.... this was an illicit bar tucked away from prying eyes.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

With the pointing in the direction of the canopy not inspiring confidence hopefully a positive result can still come ???? 

And how else do you indicate to a party of searchers in which direction you would like them to go?

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Taking the wrong turning in the dark its easily done in rural areas with little or no lights around

Very true that, whilst also a double edged sword.................bright streetlighting worldwide has sapped the life out of the enjoyment and feeling of tranquility that the night sky gives................just saying........

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phetphet said:

There is an app called What3Words. Ideal for situations like this.

If he had that on his phone, all he would have to have done is look up his location and give the three word  locator to his wife to give to any would be rescuers

Looked my house up few days ago incidentally................whats the situation for languages aside from English, how does the app work then I'm interested to know..................