CCSA Maintains Curfew, Dark Red Zone Provinces

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Agree, and this applies to almost everything, not just covid related. Almost nothing that's announced is enforced, it is all just to sound like they know what to do, but then don't do it, or do it for a little while then it peters out, for example plastic bags, now freely available in the majority of outlets.

Well, my conclusion therefore is, that Thailand has become a completely failed state! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Curfew is needed to stop the new Thai variant covid strain known as the night strain (Omega) know to only infect between 9 to 4 and is currently only in certain provinces. Glad the CCSA is all over this strain.

Genus Draculas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

What still no beer?

Alcohol consumption and being out after 9pm is considered by the government to be the largest spreaders of COVID in Thailand, hence not allowed.

They can and have affected the availability of alcohol to the general population, but they are unable to restrict the nights appearance so we must be protected from the night by a curfew (maybe COVID at night comes from vampires, werewolves, etc.).

• Like 1

So disappointing that opening schools doesn’t even rank in the top 5 most important issues in Phuket.

instead it’s tourists, tourists, tourists. Meanwhile the sea gypsy village at Rawai has just been locked down as a result of tests carried out on 31st August. Only took 10 days.

haphazard doesn’t begin to describe government policy in Phuket.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-meeting-urges-national-government-on-covid-19-changes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Agree, and this applies to almost everything, not just covid related. Almost nothing that's announced is enforced, it is all just to sound like they know what to do, but then don't do it, or do it for a little while then it peters out, for example plastic bags, now freely available in the majority of outlets.

hope you're feeling better now 

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Curfew is needed to stop the new Thai variant covid strain known as the night strain (Omega) know to only infect between 9 to 4 and is currently only in certain provinces. Glad the CCSA is all over this strain.

The curfew shortens the period of potential exposure to infected people. It is planned to minimise the economic damages because few people work at night.  

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Interesting to notice that all of the demonstrations are confined to BKK.

Very few are taking notes.

Suppose the unelected PM was in Chaing Mai for a meeting and it was common knowledge, do you not think that there would be any protesters there? I think there would be protesters in any city in Thailand if this unelected PM was there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, my conclusion therefore is, that Thailand has become a completely failed state! 

Have you just come to that conclusion? :cheesy: I realised that years ago, probably since not long after the unelected PM and his soldiers bullied their way into power.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Alcohol consumption and being out after 9pm is considered by the government to be the largest spreaders of COVID in Thailand, hence not allowed.

They can and have affected the availability of alcohol to the general population, but they are unable to restrict the nights appearance so we must be protected from the night by a curfew (maybe COVID at night comes from vampires, werewolves, etc.).

Yea it could not possible be to stop illegal parties at night with alcohol. I mean a curfew is a really good way to prevent illegal parties and illegal bars opening at night. I know for a fact that a lot friend of my gf who are a lot younger and party animals have a lot less chance to go to those kind of parties or they have to stay overnight and stuff like that. So it does help contain the spread of covid as we all know alcohol is a social lubricant that really destroys all thought of rules and regulations about social distancing. We also know many spreads started in the Thonglor Pub.  So yea it makes perfect sense.

But just like most people I don't like the curfew at all. But I can't ridicule it because its just the way things work. In my country the police had a hard time finding and breaking up parties. This makes it a lot easier to enforce. 

53 minutes ago, Molly Malone said:

And STILL KEEP THE GYMS ARE CLOSED = you phenominal dimwitted MORONS!

Healthy people survive COVID, Dear Lord Buddha isn't there something in your teachings which can educated these blind and insane FOOLS?! Gyms are air conditioned, sanitized constantly, the paying customers care about their health = sensible. NOT like your shoulder to shoulder crowded trucks of workers, Khlong ferries, buses, BTS, MTR, shopping mall checkout lines, etc, etc. 

As much as I LOVE THAIS, and I DO, they are possibly the most impatient race of people on earth, if you drive as I do you will know this is a fact. So don't doubt the closeness of checkout lines etc, etc. 

GYMS are safer than all the above! Open them up, our heart and vascular systems need exercise to

combat COVID and leave all the hospital beds for other people.

@Molly Malone imagine a scenario where they said the only way to prevent covid is exercise, watch all the thais suddenly change their tune and say we gotta learn to live with it.