A "new model" maybe....?

swissie

"Also: There is software available, that projects a current picture of a person up to the age of 65. Looking at the result, one might be more hesitant to swear "until death do us part".

Who on earth is so dumb that they believe in those software. How should a software, that only have a photo of you be able to decide when your face begin to get crumpled, when you get bald, when your hair get grey or you need to start wearing glasses. You maybe even prefer to where lenses. Take down this foolish question  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, swissie said:

- I live near a registry office. I see many young happy newlyweds walking by. I often wonder, if they realise what life changing "contract" they just signed. Also: There is software available, that projetcts a current picture of a person up to the age of 65. Looking at the result, one might be more hesitant to swear "until death do us part".

They are at the beginning of their life , we need to realise that many of us have well passed the halfway mark in life.

Young people fall in love and get married  , older people need to realise that they are old and not continue to act like they are teenagers anymore 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, swissie said:

A Mia Noi situation can only be maintained with the approval of "the wife". Her stll remaining as the main beneficiary of the financial resources of the Farang.
To keep any Mia Noi situation secret in rural Thailand for any lenght of time is impossible.

I hope you are aware that the wife's approval is an automatic approval for her to do the same.  Maybe thats what she's really been waiting for all along.  Then her activities would be openly acceptable by her family and peers.  With you being the bad guy, not her fault.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Get a dog.

I've actually been quite successful at teaching her how to massage my back by walking on it. Just need to fatten her up.

What more could you want?

On the downside, she too whines, but only when she needs to pee.

Isn't that illegal?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Just been shopping in Tops and Big C and I couldn't help noticing that even after 11 years together - she was still the hottest looking girl in the mall.  

She's aging so well, that by the time her looks may start to fade, my eyesight will be too dim to notice.  

I even snapped a few phone photos while she was browsing the fruit aisle, as I just liked the way she looked in her Thai standard denim shorts.

So no ..... I'll not be looking for a trade in 

I wonder what she thinks of you when she's browsing the veg section...????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Parsve said:

"Also: There is software available, that projects a current picture of a person up to the age of 65. Looking at the result, one might be more hesitant to swear "until death do us part".

Who on earth is so dumb that they believe in those software. How should a software, that only have a photo of you be able to decide when your face begin to get crumpled, when you get bald, when your hair get grey or you need to start wearing glasses. You maybe even prefer to where lenses. Take down this foolish question  

You ignorant old fool. If you just took the time to do a simple search, you would find that there are many software applications tackling this issue.

Here, I'll make it easy for your old mind and give you the direct google link>

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=software+that+can+project+how+you+age+from+a+photo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parsve said:

Just take a look at the mother-in-law 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rskdev21 said:

You ignorant old fool. If you just took the time to do a simple search, you would find that there are many software applications tackling this issue.

Here, I'll make it easy for your old mind and give you the direct google link>

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=software+that+can+project+how+you+age+from+a+photo

Was you meaning myself or your self with ignorant old fool

1 hour ago, rskdev21 said:

Quote from original poster.

What is the name of that software please?

In20Years.com - See You... In 20 Years! Make your face look old for free

If you survived the 11 years with her already, and that in Thailand, might be a crazy risk to try and get a new / younger one. You would need to opt in for a single life in that case and use rentals. Could be <deleted>ty if you get less mobile and have nobody to trust and help you around. 

So I guess the answer for you would be a mia noi, unless you are unhappy to be with her. Then single life and rentals.

17 hours ago, swissie said:

Let's assume you are a Farang living in Thailand. You have gotten older and so has your Thai wife.

While sitting on the front porch, enjoying a peaceful sunset, have you ever considered exchanging your current Thai wife for a "newer model"? Granted, that you would not suffer ruinous financial consequenses by doing so?

This is an excellent question, perhaps the key question for any man.

Even if you did everything right and found a girl of 19 at 30, when you are married for 22 years she will be 41 years old. I don't need to remind people of how Brigitte Bardot or Pamela Anderson, bless their souls, look today to underline that even highly attractive women, when they go past 45, 55, or God for bid 65, look like a horror story. It's truly horrific. And it's not just looks, as age goes on character too always gets worse, as the woman is less interested in pleasing you, more wilful and headstrong, more difficult to deal with generally.

So as men we face two options: 1) We accept that we have to wake up next to a crumpled old woman in the morning and have someone that we love not in that romantic way, but in that post-romantic way, where you care for a person, or 2) We break that bridge and try our luck again with a much younger, more fun, more pleasing woman, who will then want everything the first wife wanted, children, marriage, kids, house, and thus will get equally as boring and equally as difficult to deal with.

Affairs are a given, and should be forgiven of a man, who has chosen to be with a crumpled woman. For if money were no object, every man, like Bezos and Gates, would trade in their ageing wife for a newer model.

The problems will be there whatever you do.

1 minute ago, Tanomazu said:

And it's not just looks, as age goes on character too always gets worse, as the woman is less interested in pleasing you, more wilful and headstrong, more difficult to deal with generally.

Dude, mine is like 26 and already fits that description most times. Once they know it is a sealed deal, they get back to their selfish life usually it seems.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Dude, mine is like 26 and already fits that description most times. Once they know it is a sealed deal, they get back to their selfish life usually it seems.

Yes, unfortunately the best of women become more selfish as age increases. It's the same for men. The real issue is if you give in and give her children, which she is sure to demand in her 30s unless she is extremely stupid or there is something wrong with her fertility. Because once you have children that really takes a major toll on a woman's looks but above all her character. Because a woman that needs to deal with children inevitably turns into the bosshound from hell, and that spills over into day to day discourse. So that's added to the usual increase in selfishness, headstrongness and other issues that arise with advancing years in terms of women.

So any man who stays with his crumpled, headstrong woman of 55 and beyond truly deserves a medal.

Of course any man who takes the risk and tries to build a new relationship also deserves a medal for his courage. As men we are in a very difficult position, not as difficult a position as women obviously, but still an impossible position really.

Do you stay with a loyal good woman, whom you've trained to cook and clean to your liking, who was once attractive but has now slipped from a 7.5 to 6 and the slide is only going to get worse, the headstrong, selfish behaviour will only get worse? Or do you risk it all to start anew with a younger woman who is a little prettier, a little more fun, where you can experience the romantic love delusion, but will ultimately end up in the same place, ie her demanding children, marriage, being a bosshound from hell.

It's down to personal preference really, some men prefer the second more exciting option, others choose the safer slightly less interesting option. Both are very difficult to pull off. If money were absolutely no issue, most men would probably pull a Bezos or Gates.  But like I said, even Bezos will find that his younger Ms Sanchez will not stay the appealing romantic dove she appeared to be at the start. It's really a devil's choice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

So any man who stays with his crumpled, headstrong woman of 55 and beyond truly deserves a medal.

Of course any man who takes the risk and tries to build a new relationship also deserves a medal for his courage. As men we are in a very difficult position, not as difficult a position as women obviously, but still an impossible position really.

Men could choose to remain single , which solves many potential future problems 

1 hour ago, Parsve said:

The question and most of the answers here show just one thing. Your mind have still not grown up. The look, of a woman or a man, is only one part of a partnership and definitely not the most important for a good relation.

Do you know anyone that married a very ugly woman?

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Men could choose to remain single , which solves many potential future problems 

Very true. That is another option. The problem is that men crave both, the fun and sexual adventure of a string of exciting females, but also someone who cares for them, looks after them and has a deep, meaningful connection with them. Everybody's got a hungry heart, as Springsteen says.

Plus if you stay single you do not get the wonderful experience of seeing your children from age 1-8.

But I can assure you many a married man secretly wishes he had stayed single in many a dark hour.

• Haha 1