How many of you that had bad marriages to Thai women would try again but do things differently if you had a time machine?

thaibeachlovers

If I could go back to that moment I first saw my wife to be I would still follow through, as we had a good life for some years, but I'd do a lot of things very differently, such as refusing to go live in the village, which was when it started to go wrong.

What I'm asking, is, if you had the chance, would you avoid her completely as too toxic to contemplate, or, was there enough potential to try again, but not same same?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

This will be key. 

What many still do is go out of their way to detach themselves [and gf/wife] from the instinctive familial and social extensions that makes them who they are. A safety net...sort to speak. 

Is it any wonder why too many Farang feel as a foreigner or outsider and wonder why folks still regard them as such - never making an attempt to blend. 

I guess if I understand you correctly it may be the farang is " distancing" himself from the family/friends of the wife is because he think if he gets too friendly he may get " used" .. there's a fear there I imagine 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

I didn't plan it, but I married a woman who is an orphan. Yes, she has 3 or 4 brothers and sisters scattered around the country, but they are all wonderful people. Having had the Mother of All Rough and Hungry Childhoods my wife has always been grateful to having someone to be with her. We've been together for maybe 20 years now. So, look for women who are orphans, but how you find them, I don't know. My wife was working in a factory when I met her.

After my divorce I dated a university student who had no parents. Really nice girl, but a bit overly obsessed with self image Instagram and TikTok. Very insecure and that worried me about the future. Then my almost 20 year older then her Chinese wife showed up. Confident, good job and drags me by hand 3 weeks later to amphur. 2 years later she's still paying for everything I ask. I couldn't be happier.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I wonder how many guys who have posted in this thread would have no hesitation to say that they realized that they needed to change their own attitudes and behaviors?

Yes. I was too easy on her. I should have been harder and refused to go along when it was obvious the family were just using me.

Basically I should have been saying "be a proper wife, like you used to be, or I'm outta here". I'd probably still have been divorced, but at least I'd be better off and still have self respect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

After my divorce I dated a university student who had no parents. Really nice girl, but a bit overly obsessed with self image Instagram and TikTok. Very insecure and that worried me about the future. Then my almost 20 year older then her Chinese wife showed up. Confident, good job and drags me by hand 3 weeks later to amphur. 2 years later she's still paying for everything I ask. I couldn't be happier.

Don't take this the wrong way but sounds like your the insecure one and needed a " mother dominant " type figure in your life 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Agreed,

I realise she's not different and only in it for the money and enhanced lifestyle, so no free house upfront. And I've upped my 'dread game'.

Back in the UK I never understood that, and was far too nice, kind, generous.

What is "the dread game"?  

• Like 1