Reopening Thailand decision raises questions over testing capacity

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Now there is an angry chap!

Saved up for a week's shagging last April and then had to cancel?

Yeah just a bit,  Sick of the day to day Sh_t that Thais come out with. 

Edited by henry213
  • Like 2

I've wasted a hour asking Google to find an address of The Department of blah blah, in BANGKOK, where I can go and apply for a YELLOW BOOK VACCINE PASSPORT.

Why? Because I am NOT yet ready to go anywhere (so no airline ticket). I have had my two AZ vaccines shots, THANKYOU Thailand! 

However I would like to get my vax passport now, yes I am happy to pay! Please advise me if you know how to do this "seemingly simple" task! Regards, Molly ????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Its not a question of having the capacity to do all this testing, its a willingness to do so.

So far testing has appeared to be on the back burner.

Aljazeera News reported this morning That Thai land IS opening to vaccinated tourist on the 1st of NOVEMBER. I'm sure I read a few days ago that no decision will be made until Thursday the 14th of October. ?????????????????????????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You sound like the ignorant, xenophobe. Its not your business. Most Thais dont want or need foreigners here. Most Thais have nothing to do with foreigners except in Phuket, Pattaya, CM,CR, Bangkok...Your ignorance of Thailand is matched by your arrogance. Furthermore: the foreigners I know who live here dont want to see foreigners returning apart from those in the tourist trade.

Children Please!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Molly Malone said:

I've wasted a hour asking Google to find an address of The Department of blah blah, in BANGKOK, where I can go and apply for a YELLOW BOOK VACCINE PASSPORT.

Why? Because I am NOT yet ready to go anywhere (so no airline ticket). I have had my two AZ vaccines shots, THANKYOU Thailand! 

However I would like to get my vax passport now, yes I am happy to pay! Please advise me if you know how to do this "seemingly simple" task! Regards, Molly ????

for yellow passport you need to book an appointment.

building number 5

88/21 Tiwanon Rd, Mueang Nonthaburi District, Nonthaburi 11000

88/21 ถนน ติวานนท์ อำเภอเมืองนนทบุรี นนทบุรี 11000

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kennw said:

Logistical nightmare, "OK tourists join the queue, have your cash ready" Oh need to convert your currency go to the bank over there and the come back to end of queue. Oh credit card, sorry we dont accept that one do you have another. Sorry our system is down at the moment, wait over there. Ah thru at last, now what belt did my bags come in on? the flight number has now gone from the board. Wow what a huge pile of bags. Welcome to Thailand.

no, vaccination program, far more complicated than pcr swabs, was done in thailand up to 1 mln per day.

Incoming traffic to thailand will be only in thousands per day, to a minimum 2 airports. Probably they will also open don muang, chiang mai, krabi, even samui and rayong, when numbers pick up

Can you imagine?? Quality tourist come to THailand... First long waiting time at immigartion with unfriendly officers... Than a long row waiting for the PCR test, and than the taxiscam to your hotel... It will be very first impression of you holiday destination

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

No no no no no no no non , vaccinated  is  enough no way am i  having some ham fisted  retard  stick a two  foot  cotton bud  into my  brain

Thai Medical staff are not hamfisted retards. This is just a gratuitous insult of hard working  risk taking decent people.

33 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Can you imagine?? Quality tourist come to THailand... First long waiting time at immigartion with unfriendly officers... Than a long row waiting for the PCR test, and than the taxiscam to your hotel... It will be very first impression of you holiday destination

Taxi scam? Rubbish! Only a gullible fool gets scammed at Suvarnapum these days. A ticketing queueing system has been introduced nearly ten years ago. Such comments add to my feeling most Thai haters have not lived here and maybe have notbeen here...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Taxi scam? Rubbish! Only a gullible fool gets scammed at Suvarnapum these days. A ticketing queueing system has been introduced nearly ten years ago. Such comments add to my feeling most Thai haters have not lived here and maybe have notbeen here...

You did not read the taxi fares at the Phuket airport in July apparently,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On and on it will go, kicking the can down the road so that the government can control more people. The deadly virus that has killed millions globally, supposedly! ( No autopsy)  Billions that have contracted it and recovered, billions that have not been reported at all and recovered, millions that have been vaccinated it's time to relax all control.

The risk will be there forever for everyone, for such a deadly virus you have to be tested to see if you have it is idiotic at this stage. There are thousands of diseases in the world and anyone can catch and transmit, it's your personal responsibility to do your best to lower the odds, don't go swimming with jelly fish or camping in the jungle with out protection for example. A mandatory temperature check with the security before boarding a flight is a good idea and should have been for decades.

6 hours ago, henry213 said:

100% the reason i'd not go back too, They don't do it right, Ive looked at many youtube vids of Thai vs western (many westerners do it themselves) PCR tests we go about an inch and Thai go as far as they can ram it almost evil sh_ts getting pleasure from it, I said to my Thai wife if they done that to me i'd ram up their nose see how they like it,

Ive travelled a bit since this covid started and only had to do antigen no prob all done by very nice people and less than an inch in.

I've had over 20 PCR tests so far....   (cleanest sinuses in the history of mankind)... 

It has always struck me as odd......   a highly transmissible virus has us wearing masks and socially isolating - yet they need to stick a swab 4 inches into the very depths of my sinuses just to make sure its not hiding !!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, henry213 said:

Even if they do open (if that's what you call it) i ain't coming, The country is a mess as i see it and they think we're dirty anyway "Thais remain divided" really they think their so special! coming from a VERY dirty country,

Angry is what this makes me, i couldn't give a sh_t what they think or do the place has lost it for me,

Hope it all gones wrong for them and they get another year of poverty. 

I'd caution you about throwing stones in glass houses, but after reading your posts in this thread, I can't imagine your house has too much glass in it to begin with

And yeah, you definitely don't care what the country and its citizens think or do. Nothing screams not caring quite like multiple pages of posts draped in lunacy while also wishing further devastation upon 70 million people all because your trip to pay for women last year was cancelled due to a pandemic

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But to get to the ticketing queuing system you have to run the gauntlet of "independent" taxi drivers in Arrivals first! If you have never been to Thailand before you are not "a gullible fool", but would it not make more sense to have the "ticketing queuing system" in Arrivals, and the "independent" taxi drivers outside? 

Edited by sambum
Spelling

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Oh I agree that Phuket taxi mafia are bad..but that's the only place

I know and I agree with Suvarnabhumi, but tourists will go to different places and not everywhere are the cabs so controlled. Besides be fair.. It is a long time ago that tourists came and the cabs has lost a lot of money and they want to make more now..... Understandable but not correct

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

for yellow passport you need to book an appointment.

building number 5

88/21 Tiwanon Rd, Mueang Nonthaburi District, Nonthaburi 11000

88/21 ถนน ติวานนท์ อำเภอเมืองนนทบุรี นนทบุรี 11000

Thank you, google maps doesn't want to distinguish the exact whereabouts of 88/21 for some strange reason. Could you please give me the name of the building, or I presume its some Thai Health department so I can get a phone number or email in order to book an appointment.

Thanks very much ????

23 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Its not a question of having the capacity to do all this testing, its a willingness to do so.

So far testing has appeared to be on the back burner.

They have an army doing next to nothing all day, 3 weeks to train them to shove a probe up your nose, job done.

A self funding Army that can be deployed anywhere.

Edited by Almer
  • Like 1