Fluvoxamine in Thailand

Jingthing

Fluoxetine (Prozac) is readily available at most drugstore over-the-counter.  You can check online for dosing as an alternative to Fluvoxamine. 
While you are at it look up studies on Povidone-iodine (Betadine) as a nasal irrigation.  The improvement in symptoms has a similar rate as Fluvoxamine. 

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Don't have a cow but based on the encouraging findings I would like to buy a supply of fluvoxamine in case I start to develop Covid symptoms.

At least you're willing to stack the odds in your favor however contrarian it may seem to others.  At the end of the day, you're responsible for your own health.  People can criticize your decisions, but it's your life.  Not their's.  They can do whatever they deem best for themselves.

23 minutes ago, connda said:

At least you're willing to stack the odds in your favor however contrarian it may seem to others.  At the end of the day, you're responsible for your own health.  People can criticize your decisions, but it's your life.  Not their's.  They can do whatever they deem best for themselves.

Right.

I don’t care what people think.

The way they are locking up low symptom and no symptom positives to me is something out of dystopian science fiction. You can't trust the official numbers. The disincentives for getting tested are great.

Note I wasn't interested in the meds that have been promoted by right wingers. 

This one unlike those seems like it really works and there isn't a downside. Hilariously this one doesn’t have the political baggage of those others.

As someone that is vaccinated and yes I do want an eventual booster I think my odds of having a serious case if infected are low already but if I can help the odds a little more, why not?

Edited by Jingthing

27 minutes ago, connda said:

It's your life up until the time your decisions start damaging others. People who refuse to be vaccinated are responsible for having overwhelmed hospitals critical care units and in so doing, have imperiled the well being of others.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's your life up until the time your decisions start damaging others. People who refuse to be vaccinated are responsible for having overwhelmed hospitals critical care units and in so doing, have imperiled the well being of others.

I agree of course that people should get vaccinated. 

12 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Fluvoxamine is a powerful anti-depressant which studies have shown that even if you get really sick with something you'll still feel great.

For Covid it's a very short treatment. I seriously doubt there would psychological effects. 

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

For Covid it's a very short treatment. I seriously doubt there would psychological effects. 

But it can have strong gastrointestinal effects. About 1/3 of the particpants withdrew from the study because of that. Researchers are considering lowering the dosage because of that.

• Thanks 1

Street name: Faverin

https://medtide.com/product/fluvoxamine-faverin-50-mg-60-tablets-box/

Fluvoxers Assemble.

OTC here, amazingly, but that may change.

Assume there's already been a run on stock here.

Note the Medtide link indicates SOLD OUT.

No clue what the quacks advocate for a dosage schedule?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Is there a cure for this self medication madness I wonder?

Probably not. Especially when people are afraid of being tested as being positive even without symptoms can lead to medical incarceration. 

Of course in western countries you'd need a scrip for antidepressants. 

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Right.

I don’t care what people think.

The way they are locking up low symptom and no symptom positives to me is something out of dystopian science fiction. You can't trust the official numbers. The disincentives for getting tested are great.

Note I wasn't interested in the meds that have been promoted by right wingers. 

This one unlike those seems like it really works and there isn't a downside. Hilariously this one doesn’t have the political baggage of those others.

As someone that is vaccinated and yes I do want an eventual booster I think my odds of having a serious case if infected are low already but if I can help the odds a little more, why not?

If you're here full time under what circumstances would you ever need a test to get 'locked up'?

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If you're here full time under what circumstances would you ever need a test to get 'locked up'?

Temperature monitoring to enter my condo for example.

Could be contact traced.

Authorities have been known to isolate housing blocks with outbreaks. 

Many ways.

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is there a cure for this self medication madness I wonder?

Sanity? Science? Intelligence?

Some people are frightened, of COVID and/or vaccinations, and when people are scared they do stoopid stuff. Self-medicating allows them to feel like they're in control. The stranger the medication, quirky even, seems to be a plus and off-patent is a huge plus. Especially if it's cheap. And there's no reasoning with these folks as it is like a cult. Once they believe one cannot reason with them. Best to give them a wide berth.

Hopefully the children who need this medication for their OCD can still obtain it after the Fluvoxers (Fluvoxaminers?) make a run on it.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Sanity? Science? Intelligence?

Some people are frightened, of COVID and/or vaccinations, and when people are scared they do stoopid stuff. Self-medicating allows them to feel like they're in control. The stranger the medication, quirky even, seems to be a plus and off-patent is a huge plus. Especially if it's cheap. And there's no reasoning with these folks as it is like a cult. Once they believe one cannot reason with them. Best to give them a wide berth.

Hopefully the children who need this medication for their OCD can still obtain it after the Fluvoxers (Fluvoxaminers?) make a run on it.

I think I read the OP was vaxxed, and he done some reviews which he feels is relaible, even the study sample was small, he feels confident, broadstroke statements are unhelpful to a reasoned debate/discussion.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

broadstroke statements are unhelpful to a reasoned debate/discussion.

In, and of, itself, this is of course a "broad-stroke statement". But thanks for your "contribution".

I already answered the OP's question.

My subsequent post was addressing Chomper Higgot's query, and was unrelated to the OP specifically.

Granting a wide berth to you as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

What's the protocol if your temp is high entering condo?

RT-PCR test? who pays for that?

No idea but I don't want to find out. Obviously though we pay for everything. I have seen the teams arrive at my condo in the Covid space suits to literally come and take people away. Maybe they were very sick. More likely not.

At least so far I don't think Fluvoxamine has become fashionable to stock up on like ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine.

Why is that?

In my opinion, Fluvoxamine in such a short course is safe and probably works.

Fluvoxamine has happily avoided any political baggage unlike those others because of the likes of Bolsanaro and he who is better off never named became much more about culture wars than science and medicine.

The latter excites people. Happily, I don't think Fluvoxamine will join that club.

Edited by Jingthing

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

At least so far I don't think Fluvoxamine has become fashionable to stock up on like ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine.

Why is that?

In my opinion, Fluvoxamine in such a short course is safe and probably works.

Fluvoxamine has happily avoided any political baggage unlike those others because of the likes of Bolsanaro and he who is better off never named became much more about culture wars than science and medicine.

The latter excites people. Happily, I don't think Fluvoxamine will join that club.

The Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin supporters resemble a cult in their uncritical backing of these 2 medications. You would think that the fluvoxamine news would have them celebrating this news. In my post, the only ivermectin post from a vaccine skeptic, was a wistful one that expressed hope that future ivermectin studies would post similar results.

The fluvoxamine study also gives the lie to the claim that Big Pharma is suppressing the use of cheap alternatives. Merck really can't be thrilled that its $700 course of medication can be replaced by one that can cost as little as $4.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

The Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin supporters resemble a cult in their uncritical backing of these 2 medications. You would think that the fluvoxamine news would have them celebrating this news. In my post, the only ivermectin post from a vaccine skeptic, was a wistful one that expressed hope that future ivermectin studies would post similar results.

The fluvoxamine study also gives the lie to the claim that Big Pharma is suppressing the use of cheap alternatives. Merck really can't be thrilled that its $700 course of medication can be replaced by one that can cost as little as $4.

Yep. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.