Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

5 minutes ago, Rman said:

I received my acceptance (application received) but not the QR code. 

Silly question I know but have you checked your spam box ? That's where my QR code was.

Edited by Chelseafan

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

You are....

Wrong!  

Incorrect!

Mistaken!

Erroneous!
Inaccurate!

And I thought it was just the Thai government that's childish.

OK then, please show me the text and source that says I'm wrong. I've showed you mine, now you show me yours.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shdmn said:

You are....

Wrong!!!

Incorrect!!!

Mistaken!!!

I don't know if you realise it but you can edit your post as much as you like - it doesn't change the post where I quoted you.

You are....

Wrong!  

Incorrect!

Mistaken!

Erroneous!
Inaccurate

So now I'm only wrong, incorrect and mistaken - we're getting there.

Time for bed said Zebedee.......................................................

Edited by KhaoYai

On 11/2/2021 at 6:03 AM, gearbox said:

J&J vaccine on 31st of October....you need 14 days after the vaccination to qualify, and I'm not sure their system calculates this from today's date or your arrival date. The logic would be to use the arrival date, but then again this is the Thailand Pass system ????

I posted some links in the thread to talk back to them, chat with them and ask what is the reason for your rejection. If you upload the same documents and input the same data you'll probably get the same answer.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:07 AM, LoVeFuN said:

When it comes to the vaccination certificate details it asks for details of 1st dose and 2nd dose, but the EU certificate just shows 2/2, so showing the same certificate for both maybe the problem.

I have a card showing details of type of vaccine given , batch number etc.

Has anyone rejected tried using this card to show your first dose , then the certificate and QR code for the second.

Also how long is the pass valid for before your entry?

On 11/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, stickymango said:

I'm in the same boat.  I printed all of the required documents and then took pictures with my phone to create the required JPG. Trying to decide if I'm better off submitting a second application or waiting patiently. 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:46 PM, Pepper9187 said:

Just keep trying.

I've tried like 15 times with 3 different email address, the last attempt worked INSTANT, received the QR code within like 5 seconds.

Do the tricks that seem to work, what i did :

1) Converted all my PDF to JPEG (no snapshot) online, just google it
2) Added a space after my passport number

3) Chose AQ hotel instead of ASH+

4) Uploaded my 2nd vaccine QR code (EU digital covid certificate) for both 1st and 2nd dose QR codes.

When i did that i worked like magic, i now have 14 pending requests but that didn't prevent the 15th attempt to go through

Edit : why did i try so many times ? 

After reading that post and seing people getting some instant confirmation / QR code i knew that the system was automated (first i thought it was done manually).

Hence, if you do not receive that confirmation instantly it means that the system wasn't able to properly read some of your uploaded documents, and your request will be processed manually (that's why some people receive the confirmation 1-2-3 days after, there's a human being behind).

So just keep trying until the system is able to process automatically.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, tomx2 said:

I have a covid-19 vaccination card from CVS pharmacy the US.

Info contain Name, Birth Date, Vaccines with date.

Can I upload this card to the Thailand Pass app?

Any other info needed on this document?

On 11/5/2021 at 11:05 PM, Fin87 said:

Awesome! Best thing is you got it at cvs. It’s one of the few places that offer the smart qr! Other places are starting to use this particular qr as well. I hope this works for you tomorrow. If you download smart verifier, scan the qr with the verifier and screenshot the details. You will be surprised. As it is more clear evidence of your vaccine. 

On 11/6/2021 at 12:08 AM, tomx2 said:

Hi.

I misspoke, it was Walgreens where I receive my 2 Covid19 shots. CVS is where I received my Flu shot.

It appears Walgreens does not use any Digital (Smart) health card or certificate in their system, only the paper record.

Any other options getting a QR Code for Covid19 results, 

15 hours ago, Fin87 said:

Yes, finally my husband was approved. After sending in 4 applications. I am believing that it is going by departure dates first. I am still waiting on mine and 3 others. We all depart the same day. I was denied for putting janssen vac twice since at that point there was no option. My friend as well. I did 3 more apps for me and him. I waited to do my other friends app bc of what was going on and finally did hers 2 days ago. I was vaccinated on Oct 31st but our departure is on 18th thru Singapore Airlines and arrive on the 20th. Well over 14 days before arrival. I hope that the system doesn’t block me because of that. But those are the requirements and I meet them. What I did different for my husband was put his hotel res, agoda res, Shaba res code with qr, and psas test w code from hkt airport in a pic collage app and downloaded it to phone and compressed it with another app to jpg. Also for the hotel confirmation that the ask for, I didn’t use Shaba code, I used the 5 letter and digit hotel confirmation code that I received directly from hotel. Also he doesn’t have a QR for his vaccine. Used only cdc card.  I have 3 more qr approval we’re waiting for, one friend has everything including smart code, and the other in same boat as me as she vaxxed on the 1st janssen. I also have an instant approval for the 3rd option which I have no intentions of using. I am leaning more on the reason we’re waiting more than others and vice versa is departure dates. Maybe I’m wrong. I hope this helps, I’ll keep posted. 

Attn USA applicants that are close to flight departures:

I was able to get my passes approved today which were 3 left. I called the NY Thai embassy. The lady that answered was very sweet. Asked me my passport informations and names. She went over everything to make sure they were good to go. Had passport, vax cards, QR code for all vax except one person, Shaba codes, hotel res, pcr tests, and AXA insurances. Once she verified, we were approved immediately and I received QR codes on the spot for all. I’m attaching the phone number and extensions to dial. 2127541770 Ext 304 ,308 , and 311 Good luck 

6026E23D-7510-48CA-89E4-5A351A89F1D3.jpeg

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Having gone through the process; had we had the Thailand Pass ‘Alternative Quarantine’ approval instead of the ‘Quarantine Exempt’ approval I can’t see where it would have made a difference.

What about at the departure airport? Did the airline check-in agent actually scan the TP QR code (on your phone or printout), or just check it visually?

Edited by Sandboxer

1 minute ago, Sandboxer said:

What about at the departure airport? Did the airline check-in agent actually scan the TP QR code, or just check it visually?

Just looked at it… 

They were more interested in the PCR test and also asked for my insurance. 

Transfer staff did the same (two leg flight) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Cambodia’s government announced plans Tuesday to reopen the country in several stages to fully vaccinated foreign tourists starting from the end of next month.

The program beginning November 30 will allow visitors who are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus to skip being quarantined if they stay at least five days in designated areas, the country’s tourism ministry announced.

The first such areas are two seaside provinces, Sihanoukville and Koh Kong, on the Gulf of Thailand.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/cambodia-announces-phased-reopening-for-vaccinated-travelers

Expect the Thailand Pass to go away in a couple of months. Once they see the tourist inflows are low and the tourists don't bring any new cases they'll drop it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Expect the Thailand Pass to go away in a couple of months. Once they see the tourist inflows are low and the tourists don't bring any new cases they'll drop it.

That plus by January their vax rate should be good enough to ditch it IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gearbox said:

That's the big question at the moment. However: to think the Pass will go away we have to assume that the decision makers are rational actors, and their record in this regard is very spotty. We also have to assume the conspiracy theorists are wrong, the ones who say that Covid is simply an opportunity for those in power to transform the country to a farang-free utopia more to their liking. But I hope your expectation is correct.

• Like 2

As per below, it doesn’t mention flight tickets, do we have to upload them ??

Documents for "Test & Go"

·         Passport

·         Thai Visa (if required)

·         Certificate of Vaccination

·         Paid AQ / SHA+ hotel reservation confirmation (for the duration of 1 day and including the fee for one RT-PCR test)

·         Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD

• Like 1

Folks, 

I'm applying for Thai Pass' for my parents, I have all documents on hand, departure is 1st of December (4 weeks from now). 

On this page I can enter their SHA IDs and upon entry the website fetches all booking details (correctly) and replies: The booking started from 8 November 2021 is temporarily closed until the official entry process is announced.

I'm unable to continue booking after that (all fields and buttons are disabled).

Is it imperative to wait for the new rules (when? where?) or can I simply apply w/o using SHA IDs (i.e. enter all details manually)? I can see people in this topic with departure dates beyond Nov 8th have recieved their TPs already, so not exactly sure whether should I wait for the new rules or just go ahead with the current ones.

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

No.

So technically we only have to pay in advance

·         Insurance  COVID $50k

·         Hotel Test and Go

As long as the Flight matches the arrival date with hotel we can pay for flight later, once we have QR code ???

14 minutes ago, Enzian said:

That's the big question at the moment. However: to think the Pass will go away we have to assume that the decision makers are rational actors, and their record in this regard is very spotty. We also have to assume the conspiracy theorists are wrong, the ones who say that Covid is simply an opportunity for those in power to transform the country to a farang-free utopia more to their liking. But I hope your expectation is correct.

It depends what the others do...Cambodia is one of the most vaccinated countries in the world, and Malaysia has good rates too. If the countries of SEA start opening with less and less restrictions there will be FOMO in regards to loss of business.

it is nearly 2 years and people got conditioned that the "new normal" is travel with tons of restrictions and extra cost and hassle. We want back the real normal when one used to move around adhoc with only a passport in the pocket.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

As long as the Flight matches the arrival date with hotel we can pay for flight later, once we have QR code ???

You have to tell them the flight number so if you're sure it won't get booked out you can wing it that way and grab a flight after TP is issued.

• Thanks 1