Only six international travelers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening, CAAT to issue more preventive announcements

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I find it rather amazing they found any given that these people obviously tested negative within 72 hours of their arrival.  

What would be interesting is what were the nationalities of those who were infected and what vaccine were they reportedly inoculated with. 

Unless i'm mistaken, i believe the time frame is wider than 72 hours.

Get tested Monday at midday, receive result Tuesday midday (72 hours starts here), fly Friday morning on a flight of up to 12 hours, pass through the airport and travel to the hotel before being tested again. In all probability, it is 4 - 4 1/2 days between pre flight test and arrival test.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Yes, I am aware of that but didn't they actually took the Covid test before boarding to get the Thailand pass?

Test results to be within 72 hours before first flight.

Depending where flying from, flight could take 24 hours.

Therefore, test in Thailand could be up to 4 days after pre flight PCR.

Now think about the latent period (time between being exposed to the virus and being infected and the time when it is detectable). 

"For Delta, one study suggests this is an average of four days (with a range of three to five days).

That's two days faster than the original strain, which took roughly six days (with a range of five to eight days)"

Hence, people being tested positive on arrival may well have been infected when the pre flight test was undertaken but they where in the latent period. They could also have been exposed and infected just after being swabbed and be detectable on landing.

Could also be exposed and infected on the flight and not detectable, hence the ATK on day 6/7.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Farangus said:

It is very interesting what the situation with the neighbors on the plane is for these 6 infected people.
Were they placed in mandatory quarantine as well?

With approx 60 ppl per flight there might be no neighbors, with 1 passenger per row ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did you not read there are many breakthrough cases in USA, UK and Israel? You can google for it or watch in Youtube for the evidence.

Vaccine doesn't prevent you from being infected, it prevents you from being hospitalized with severe illness.

What is important is that all the passengers were supposed to be Covid negative when boarding the place.

It goes to show that negative Covid cert & fully vacc cert can be bought or faked.

In my country it would be impossible to fake the vaccine cert. I can't see how anyone could do it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

To quarantine the people on the plane because they were exposed to someone who had covid is redicoulose at best.Everyone coming here  will be exposed to infected people all through their stay. If their vaccination would protect them during their stay in Thailam it should also protect them in the plane. 

What people fail to consider is that the virus takes about three days after infection to be detected. So a person could had been infected two days before taking the first PCT test and still test negative. Hence the need for the  second test upon arrival. . 

Perfectly sensible and reasoned. 

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

and the highest rate of testing per person in the developed world too - over 6 per person - truly amazing we are the highest infections when we test the most. Daft as saying there's more potatoes in my 10kg bag than your 1Kg bag of spuds !

Also England, unlike most countries in the world, has been fully opened up for nearly four months now. Infections have risen, but serious infections are still at manageable levels.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Well this is rather looking good, if the numbers keep being this low 0.0x% the Thai authorities might drop and/or lower some of the quarantines or insurance requirements in order to boost the tourism sector...

But then again this is Thailand, Thai logic defies everything...

I make it 0,13% as they do above.... and seemingly justifies the checks being employed, I presume they are all part of the fully vaccinated and tested 72 hours pre-flight groups. 

10 hours ago, Farangus said:

It is very interesting what the situation with the neighbors on the plane is for these 6 infected people.

Yes that's right, but encouraging, also could be false positives as RT-PCR can still detect viral load after your over covid.

It would be interesting to know all the facts , are these 6 double vaccinated and re-infected???

News reporting this morning that people feel optimistic about the opening but many have jumped the gun in reopening bars and such in Pattaya, where the police have moved in to close them down as they have yet to be allowed to reopen.  The majority of folks in Kao San and other areas appear to be Thai's and not tourists.  Folks just want their lives to become somewhat normal again.

Walked to the 7-11 behind Q house here in Sathorn last night and the parking lot was full of cars with people sitting around in groups drinking beer and listening to music.  This has been an ongoing scenario for weeks.  Once the local establishments open up these people will move to them but until they allow drinking in the local watering holes Thais will be Thais.

8 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Because as it was said repetedly over and over again, being fully vaccinated doesn't grant you immunity to the COVID-19, it merely boosts your immune system fighting the disease the next time you catch it (again).

And by the look of things, it seems there is always a next time, it's like catching herpes, it's a gift that keep on giving... we all should be prepared to get used to live with COVID-19 because it ain't going nowhere and no amount of vaccination or social distancing or washing your hands, etc, etc, is going to change that.

It's a survival out there, adapt and learn to live with it or else...

Did you have to mention the Herpes thing, now that you've reminded me I'm checking for another flare up.

Slumped GIF | Gfycat

10 hours ago, Farangus said:

I read somewhere that if sitting immediately (i.e no space) next to someone who tests positive, you are also put into quarantine.

However, at least for the moment, I gather international flights are far from full so most airlines are ensuring spacing on seating arrangements. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

How did these 6 got the virus in the first place when they are supposed to be fully vax and also negative test before boarding?

I wonder if 6 had the virus coming into Thailand, how many tourist will have the Thai virus going home?

3 minutes ago, realfunster said:

I read somewhere that if sitting immediately (i.e no space) next to someone who tests positive, you are also put into quarantine.

I have not read that anywhere, so does that cancel out your rumour?