Car ferry service connecting Chonburi and Songkhla set to launch

webfact

1 hour ago, johng said:

In the video above she says there will be many price options to choose from but there's no word from the company what those prices are they will be announced after they work out what is financially viable !!

I suppose the member  ( @hammer something ) involved in this project  will have a clue ??? 

Even their website isn't showing prices (or availability).

https://www.seahorse-ferries.com/Home/Home.aspx

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Fingers crossed all goes well this time & some obscure Thai ministry doesn't pull the rug from under them at the last minute. 

I have a sinking feeling that this being a nautical theme should your sentence not read "Fingers crossed all goes well this time & some obscure Thai ministry doesn't pull the rug plug from under them at the last minute." 

:sorry:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why would anyone want to travel 20 hours to visit a place where Muslim terrorists are active?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about bro. Have you ever been down south yourself?
I have lived in one of those provinces for many years and most is fine and dandy. Don't believe the media.
The muslims are nice and friendly and I got absolutely no beef with em, you know what I'm sayin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried to book a trip for Nov. 14-19.

Unfortunately, their website at https://www.seahorse-ferries.com/Home/BookingList.aspx

isn't working for selling tickets or making reservation.

Silly to start a big expensive ferry service without an online booking/sales facility or a modern working administration system. They won't be in business very long. That big ship drinks lots of diesel fuel, so it needs lots paying customers.

21 hours ago, MarcelV said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about bro. Have you ever been down south yourself?
I have lived in one of those provinces for many years and most is fine and dandy. Don't believe the media.
The muslims are nice and friendly and I got absolutely no beef with em, you know what I'm sayin?

I have spent time in (R)Hat Yai & Songkla.  I accept most Muslims are fine & dandy (spent months in Brunei).  It's the few which are not nice & friendly that the public worry about - it's those that the media write about.

You undo the thrust of your riposte with 'most is fine and dandy.'

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I have spent time in (R)Hat Yai & Songkla.  I accept most Muslims are fine & dandy (spent months in Brunei).  It's the few which are not nice & friendly that the public worry about - it's those that the media write about.

You undo the thrust of your riposte with 'most is fine and dandy.'

Songkhla in particular has only seen very few attacks. Worrying about terrorism should be the least of your worries. So, yes, most is certainly fine.

On 11/7/2021 at 10:45 AM, Doctor Tom said:

It will never work, could never work and is a white elephant. I give it two years at most. 

You have a pretty safe bet there Dr..all the other attemps with these ferries have not been successful.

I hope this ferry is a success. Many alternatives to the rather challenging highways here are needed. That is an absolutely horrendous trip by land. And it has to be timed perfectly to get through Bangkok. Likely a two day trip. I would take this ferry if I was living in the south. 

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I hope this ferry is a success. Many alternatives to the rather challenging highways here are needed. That is an absolutely horrendous trip by land. And it has to be timed perfectly to get through Bangkok. Likely a two day trip. I would take this ferry if I was living in the south. 

I live in the Deep South (Narathiwat) and I will keep taking airplanes instead. Cars may be rented in Bangkok. Taking this ferry would be a one-time thing, but I see no reason to use it more than once.