Clubhouse attacks on Isaan cause concern

webfact

Opinion: Social media mocking of Isaan people shows lack of class of participants

My first response after hearing of racial abuse against Isaan people by some youngsters on Club House was anger.

Their comments were full of hatred towards their own people and it was unacceptable to say the least. They should be ashamed of themselves.

My second response, disappointment.

It is disappointing that these young urbanites, who were born more fortunate, are looking down on those less fortunate.

There is a severe lack of empathy among the youth.

You can read the entire article from ThaiEnquirer.com here.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Using the same logic living in S.Korea is better than living in Thailand.. full stop.

Career and salary + other opportunities are much better.

I would disagree with you about better living than Thailand.  Yes people make more but just like any other country they pay more and are mopre hurried.

LaLisa lived in S Korea for ne reason.  That is where her agency is and that is where the k pop world is.

Would she move back to isann probably not but then again how many girls and guys that move to Bangkok want to go back.

It has more to do with what is offered in the cities.

As to clubhouse it is the same as anywhere that people can yap and rant and be anonymous.  People will say and do anything in ignorance or hated as long as they do not have to face anyone.

Want proof look at twitter and the woke generation.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Sounds like a bunch of TVF posters have started a new forum.

On the contrary, all the deeper clubhouse associations are varied with common/esoteric Thai subject matter - most of which, members here wouldn't have a clue as to what's going on. 

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Opinion: Social media mocking of Isaan people shows lack of class of participants

My first response after hearing of racial abuse against Isaan people by some youngsters on Club House was anger.

Their comments were full of hatred towards their own people and it was unacceptable to say the least. They should be ashamed of themselves.

My second response, disappointment.

It is disappointing that these young urbanites, who were born more fortunate, are looking down on those less fortunate.

There is a severe lack of empathy among the youth.

You can read the entire article from ThaiEnquirer.com here.

Actually, I would imagine that in these times there should a common bond among "regular" folks, as a collective for the so called rebellious youth. Instead of being practical and constructive for the cause.....they cast stereotypical divisions among themselves in a most petty and immature manner. 

And we still wonder why the movement isn't going anywhere. 

55 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I would disagree with you about better living than Thailand.  Yes people make more but just like any other country they pay more and are mopre hurried.

LaLisa lived in S Korea for ne reason.  That is where her agency is and that is where the k pop world is.

Would she move back to isann probably not but then again how many girls and guys that move to Bangkok want to go back.

It has more to do with what is offered in the cities.

As to clubhouse it is the same as anywhere that people can yap and rant and be anonymous.  People will say and do anything in ignorance or hated as long as they do not have to face anyone.

Want proof look at twitter and the woke generation.  

Isn't K pop, J pop etc just borderline peedo appealing prostitution set to crass music underlined by shallow  vacuous, vanity, mad costumes and bad dance routines?

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Perhaps these ignorant morons should research history and find out from where and how these Lao speaking rice farmers came from.

Originally, it wasn't by choice !

About 1,000 years ago Buriram was within the Khmer region.

Seems after a dust-up it became part of Siam.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

About 1,000 years ago Buriram was within the Khmer region.

Seems after a dust-up it became part of Siam.

Some might suggest that Buriram, and other neighboring provinces, are still quite Kamen. 

• Like 1

I live in Isaan and much prefer it to Bangkok because of the smog, traffic, cost etc.

It would be interesting to know the origins of these Isaan critics bearing in mind the huge number of people who have migrated from Isaan to Bangkok over recent decades, they may find they are not as pure as they think.

• Like 2

Funny. I live near Nong Khai and at present....at least four of the nearby young ladies (distant family of the wife), all under 18 are pregnant. Most, if not all, our neighbors are dark skinned, wife included. Many have returned home from the resort areas after working in the entertainment industry. Want cheap sex....come to Nong Khai, loaded with sex workers. 

My wife talks about how some far any stink. Told her all I can smell is fish sauce eminating from most of her relatives pores.

If the daily talk is not about food, it is lottery. Most in our village never made it past M3.

Sorry, if an ugly dog walks into a bar just calling it a beautiful swan does not make it so. 

I have lived here for 15 plus years. SOME of what they talk about is spot on. Mean? Racist? 

Just look at the division's in other countries...US, parts of Europe, South America. Ethnic divisions are alive and getting more extreme. Tis the New World Order as I see it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I live in Isaan and much prefer it to Bangkok because of the smog, traffic, cost etc.

It would be interesting to know the origins of these Isaan critics bearing in mind the huge number of people who have migrated from Isaan to Bangkok over recent decades, they may find they are not as pure as they think.

Better bet that most of their relatives, friends and associates have some sort of familial connection with Isaan.

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Some might suggest that Buriram, and other neighboring provinces, are still quite Kamen. 

Some might suggest Lisa moved to Korea because her career only path in Buriram planting rice wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Her other skills were going to waste.