20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists

webfact

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Cool!  I knew it sounded to good to be true.  So, really no real incentive to help the police or oneself?  Are there any cash available for ones who do report?  

No, just a lottery; like walking on the sidewalk/footpath. 

• Haha 1

A few years ago Pattaya police announced a 5k or 10k reward for reporting illegal objects on the street blocking public parking spots - chairs, trash cans, private cones.

I really felt tempted to do it, I could find easily 10+ offenders near my house, but my cautious side told me not to.

Needless to say, those damn objects continued to block the spots and nothing changed. I wonder if anyone actually reported.

One time I actually managed to squeeze my car right between 2 large plastic bottles, one Thai guy wasn't happy about it and started shouting and kicking the bottles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Here's an idea, put up some CCTVs, instead of asking people to grass up others. 

Not so easy with all the vehicles without sign plate, no sign on front, rider with helmet and dark visor. Bikers know very well how difficult they are to catch by video.

2 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Does this mean anyone riding thier bikes on the sidewalk  on the. Beach, or any sidewalk  for that matter can be fined if recorded  and reported? What about ones who ride their bikes the wrong way on the roads, you know against  traffiic or wrong directions  on one way street?  One could make a fortune in one day alone just on the beach, beach road, 2nd road.  One could literally  sit in one spot and record  more than 10 violating individuals  a day in these locations, and earn 100,000 thb a day.  There is no way this reporting  system will work the way its designed.   One could earn 1 million in just ten days sitting and recording in these locations.   

You can see that anywhere in Thailand. But one could ask:why? Isn't it because roads here are only designed in function of car users?

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists"

That's not true, it's a very misleading title.

What the article actually reported is...

"...Those who reported could also have a chance to win a prize of up to 20,000 baht every month.  Prizes will be offered to clip owners to win up to 20,000 baht. About 10 prizes will be given away every month, totaling 50,000 baht,”

Thanks for the clarification. My first reaction was they were buying in to Sate of Texas offering a bounty to citizens tuning in anyone getting an abortion or advising/assisting anyone who seeks an abortion. Don’t mess with Texas … yee hah!

How about making the CEO and Directors of Grab and Food Panda etc liable and responsible for the manner in which their riders operate their motoscooters. The companies have no ownership of any poor driving or law breaking conducted by their contract drivers, so they don't have to enforce any standards. This move to home delivery has had a negative impact on traffic management and noise pollution, specifically in Bangkok. Some rules in regards to bike maintenance and compliance of road laws and speeds certainly wouldn't go astray. Flogging down the road with a bike screaming because of the muffler and dangerously weaving and cutting up other road traffic and pedestrians should be offences that impact the company bottom line if they are too lazy to regulate their contract employees. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

How about making the CEO and Directors of Grab and Food Panda etc liable and responsible for the manner in which their riders operate their motoscooters. The companies have no ownership of any poor driving or law breaking conducted by their contract drivers, so they don't have to enforce any standards. This move to home delivery has had a negative impact on traffic management and noise pollution, specifically in Bangkok. Some rules in regards to bike maintenance and compliance of road laws and speeds certainly wouldn't go astray. Flogging down the road with a bike screaming because of the muffler and dangerously weaving and cutting up other road traffic and pedestrians should be offences that impact the company bottom line if they are too lazy to regulate their contract employees. 

Good point.....it staggers me how many there are....and how many people must be too lazy to step out of their front door to get food or to cook!

Never ordered a take away in my life!

Edited by Will B Good

lol, everyone is cheering to catch someone for some money.

Citizens reporting Citizens for money. Next step in the direction to a "social credit system". A cashgrab for saving up on a CCTV system? After a while they will introduce a brand new CCTV Citizens surveillance system. I hope iam wrong.

Edited by Samui875

The more you take away the benefits of motorcycles more will migrate to cars that also break the law.  In Chiang Mai they tried to enforce a law that motorcycles couldn't move to the front of the intersection.  Lasted only a few weeks that I remember.  Made awful traffic much worse!  Terrible roads and not enough of them here are the main issues and not a clue how to fix it.  Driving on the sidewalk is crazy but if I'm in a car, it is nice they are not clogging up my path.