Thailand’s nightlife venues to reopen on Jan 16, subject to assessment

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Oblomov said:

Covid, like many other conditions, can of course be significant if someone is particularly vulnerable either by old age or other conditions but to simply say 5 million deaths as if covid was the sole cause of  death is simply too stupid to elicit a reply

Covid deaths are established by medical examiners. 

You are hand waving away millions of Covid deaths because they are inconvenient to your worldview.

• Like 1

Loi krathong xmas new year busy time for tourist and thailand.they want tourist so they shut the bars and clubs to the middle of jan.

That made my decision to come after that date if no change,Everyone will think the same and keep waiting,not what thai people want if jobs  are on the line.7/11 will be very happy and raking it in while others will not be happy

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

November 1st was officially announced, there was no announcement of entertainment restrictions lifting on December 1st...that's probably why you don't know where you read it.   Thaivisa speculators don't count!

Well I remember reading it. 

November 1st was officially announced, there was no announcement of entertainment restrictions lifting on December 1st...that's probably why you don't know where you read it.   Thaivisa speculators don't count!

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, thai006 said:

1 December.  And now 15 January what the next date 1 March ???  Tired of this country really !!!!

This is the stupidest opening date.  Telling me that it is about covid is like telling me that China and India are the most climate friendly countries in the world.

You can say it all you want but I am not buying.

The date is in order to cut down on the number of Thais that get drunk and stupid over the NYE period and kill themselves.

It is about placating the anti-drink crowd.

20 days is not going to make a big difference.

Next to possibly Songkran NYE is the biggest money making date for bars in Thailand and many other countries.

Mid January is the stupidest time to open most people have spent their holiday money.  There are no holidays and bars may open but there will not be a lot of partiers.

Imagine if they announced not only that Thailand was open for business but that bars and pubs and dancing places were also starting 20 December .

Here, for one,

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/thailand-lifts-quarantine-nov-1-alcohol-in-bars-and-restaurants-dec-1-375347

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

I believe it when I see it - for now I'm filing this under "things that are not going to happen"....

They're drip feeding snippets of 'bad news' to soften the blow.

Or flip flop before the said date and change it to earlier to look like they are being pro active and Mr. Nice Guys.

18 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

From the above article:-

"In addition, by 1st December, Thailand will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of pub, bars and other entertainment venues."

You obviously didn't read the important "consider" word! They've considered and approved  alcohol in restaurants, but considered and not approved alcohol in pubs, bars and other entertainment venues

Edited by sambum

In my area of phuket you would be very hard pushed to find a bar that ISNT open. And I don’t mean bars masquerading as restaurants, I mean straight up common or garden bars and bar complexes. Despite the governor supposedly issuing orders that bars remain closed. Most don’t even bother to close early if they actually have customers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

From the above article:-

"In addition, by 1st December, Thailand will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of pub, bars and other entertainment venues."

You obviously didn't read the important "consider" word!

From the current announcement;

"may be allowed to reopen from January 16th"

Should we be more encouraged by the current verbiage than the previous?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Subject to assessment" says it all. Not going to happen as another "good reason" will be found to keep the nightlife shut for good. This is all part of the planned destruction of Pattaya based on the dream to make it become a "Miami" 5-star holiday destination for rich tourists and families! Keep dreaming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomyami said:

Anecidol evidence from around thailand would seem that pattaya is a no 1 close down target even when covid is less than other parts in fact 3rd most vaccinated that said treetown was busy

Second week of jan is a stab in the back for small bar/resturant owners.

no doubt another agenda here.

And clearly the agenda is agreed by local provincial/town government and police, otherwise there would be a lot more blind-eyes being turned towards Prayut policy, as seemingly exists in many (most?) parts of Thailand.

16 hours ago, thai006 said:

1 December.  And now 15 January what the next date 1 March ???  Tired of this country really !!!!

Quite so, they have already killed off the bulk of real tourism,  why do they bother with this empty retoric.

• Like 1