Thailand’s nightlife venues to reopen on Jan 16, subject to assessment

snoop1130

16 hours ago, Screaming said:

Actually, this is great news. It has been so peaceful in Thailand since the bars were closed. There is no reason to rush the opening of these venues. This delay will enable more citizens to get vaccinated and prevent Covid infections and death. 

I guess you do not watch Thai news showing the parties, drunks and shootings and stabbings.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

One of the required safety measures is that venues must improve their environment and air circulation system and that all staff are fully inoculated against COVID-19.

So how do all the beach bars in Phuket , samui etc improve on air circulation in a bar that basically has no walls and is an open air venue ?

Could never figure out why these places were not allowed to open as you would be more likely to get covid in an enclosed restaurant than one of these bars !

56 minutes ago, PMinThailand said:

"Subject to assessment" says it all. Not going to happen as another "good reason" will be found to keep the nightlife shut for good. This is all part of the planned destruction of Pattaya based on the dream to make it become a "Miami" 5-star holiday destination for rich tourists and families! Keep dreaming!

Glad I got rid of my house in Pattaya earlier this year, time to relocate to Phuket.

Hope the local Phuket authorities garnish enough power to make it a truly autonomous "international" sub-zone of Thailand.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

You are truly one strange cookie, people have killed themselves because their business has folded, the car has been either repossessed or sold, they have lost there homes because they have been repossessed, their families have no food, and you say great, have you no shame ? I can't say what I want to say as I would be banned or given a long holiday, maybe we should petition to have your membership revoked. Bloody disgusting attitude.

Many bar owners just shrugged there shoulders when there customers wrote themselves off on the way home after selling them alcohol.

Its not a good business to be in having had 4 years of experiance .

Hope no one has any real estate valuables in Pattaya because without the seedy nightlife to attract sexpats and alike, that city is a complete dead dump, thus means the real estate market bubble could finally just go "pop".

You wake up the next day, "your" houses and condos have lost 80% of their values.

GGWP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronster said:

Could never figure out why these places were not allowed to open as you would be more likely to get covid in an enclosed restaurant than one of these bars !

Really! It has been brought up a number of times here how alcohol changes people's behaviour and is likely to increase Covid spread, far more than a plate of Som Tam or pate and toast. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

You wake up the next day, "your" houses and condos have lost 80% of their values.

Well I have to live in it anyhow so that doesn't matter. 

The Chinese will be round buying the place up (like a fire sale) any time now. 

• Like 1

Bangla Rd. bars in Patong has been open (except for the discos) for weeks now. Police at both entrances, temp tests and hand sanitizer and off you go. Lots of good looking ladies hanging around. Must be a sandbox exemption???

• Like 2

As with almost everything Covid-related, they haven't thought it through properly, or else were all choosing the numbers for their winning lottery tickets when they made this decision. Open-air bar beers are inherently much safer environments than enclosed Gogo bars and clubs as far as Covid is concerned. Why not issue a customer number limit to each bar beer based on their size and allow them to reopen soonest? That would allow them to see just how much drinking in a bar under controlled conditions really contributes to the spread of the virus, before allowing the enclosed places to reopen. I gather that many bar beers in Phuket are open, whether it's allowed officially or not, yet the island hasn't become Covid-central. This would allow for a controlled, phased reopening of entertianment venues, giving them a chance to learn from their mistakes as they go along, rather than letting everything reopen all at once sometimes next year. Drinkers would be happy, as would the owners and staff of the bar beers. There's really nothing to lose and a lot to gain compared with waiting for another two wretched months, if they allow anything to reopen even then.

I'm still thinking June-Aug timeframe 2022 to make my needed visit to LOS. I am hoping by then all the administrative and regulatory kinks will be worked out, the brown envelope amounts are agreed upon by all parties involved and perhaps there will be enough establishments still standing and operating to provide a good time to be had by all and the locals can dig themselves out of this hole to make something resembling a living.

Edited by WingFat

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Really! It has been brought up a number of times here how alcohol changes people's behaviour and is likely to increase Covid spread, far more than a plate of Som Tam or pate and toast. 

Funny as I was in a bar/ restaurant last week and hardly anyone was eating but everyone was drinking alcohol and I didn’t notice people running around hugging each other and breathing in each other’s face ! 
Although it did have a breeze from the sea blowing all the way through the building , nobody was wearing a mask in the place and nobody has covid from being there as far as I’m aware . ????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Englishexpat said:

I think lots of expats that are here now who were planning on staying over the festive period will now be booking flights back home for this period. Even those that are married and actually live here. 

I doubt it, they would then have to go through all the hassle to come back. Any one that's here now will be staying here. 

My ex GF has been sending me vids of live bands in bars down in Phuket I think it’s to PI$$ me off as for where I live there was a live jam session two weeks ago can only think the old bill are getting brown envelopes to put cotton wool in there ears and wear extremely dark sunglasses ????????????

I am worried for Bryan Flowers is he  staying on his hunger Diet until the bars open ????  Mid January 2022

On the plus side I have decided to take a break from drinking alcohol 

3 weeks now losing weight and feeling a lot better for it ????

It's only temporary  as looking forward to my trip to Bangkok end of this month and dine in a restaurant with a cold beer

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

You are truly one strange cookie, people have killed themselves because their business has folded, the car has been either repossessed or sold, they have lost there homes because they have been repossessed, their families have no food, and you say great, have you no shame ? I can't say what I want to say as I would be banned or given a long holiday, maybe we should petition to have your membership revoked. Bloody disgusting attitude.

I agree what you said however I was of the understanding that the government ruled that finance companies were not allowed to repossess peoples properties or cars while the Covid situation was in place 

Did you notice at Khao San Rd the super spreader event yesterday evening ? 4,000 people on streets and two police cars only… No masks and alkohol sales. Just look twich streamers like Bangkok_420 and You tubers….  People not understood the pandemic until now. Partytime more important. 

According to many contributors to this thread and several similar ones, most places are serving alcohol anyway. So the official government line has almost no relevance. Bars are open and serving regardless of what the law/government says. As usual in Thailand, little or no enforcement, and this time we can be grateful for it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I agree what you said however I was of the understanding that the government ruled that finance companies were not allowed to repossess peoples properties or cars while the Covid situation was in place 

House down the road from me in San Sai was repossessed about 3 weeks back.

This was printed on the gate post .........

IMG_20211022_172037.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

According to many contributors to this thread and several similar ones, most places are serving alcohol anyway. So the official government line has almost no relevance. Bars are open and serving regardless of what the law/government says. As usual in Thailand, little or no enforcement, and this time we can be grateful for it.

Sure.

This alcohol restriction/ban is certainly not be enforced or observed throughout much of the country. 

The overkill angst and media coverage emanates down there.