Thailand Pass is being upgraded but passenger stress stories continue with cancellation threats

webfact

2 hours ago, Enzian said:

I'm guessing it took more than 7 minutes to get everything together.

Right. How can he dare to post this positive experience? TP was easy for me as well. The only hassle was to convert docs into jpegs and the uncertainty during the wait. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, bolt said:

yes

but the actual submission and then waiting period was fast

I didn't pay for Flight ticket

free cancelation of room ( which i have now cancelled)

I already have COVID insurance from July for 12 months.

so my submission was only a test to see how long it would take, or how late i can book and pay, using AGODA is around 3 days anything less is not showing up on the Test & Go page Quarantine Deals Only 

How did you get a flight ticket without paying? I'm not aware of any airlines that will issue a ticket before payment.  I know some agents will hold your booking for a couple of days before payment but that is not a ticket.  Please explain

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

A 14% rejection rate is way too high for something like this, that's crash and burn territory. Be great if they would list the typical reasons for rejections; that would help the rest of us, assuming they want to. 

Another telling figure is the tiny fraction of 1% of positive tests of those entering the country. It suggests the insurance is unnecessary, and it reveals the obscene profits the insurance companies are raking in.

When word gets around all this will do is hurt the poor, who used to benefit from tourists. Now they are out there in Isaan harvesting rice with a hand scythe. 

Hand Scythe? Try rice harvesters. Your right about the insurance bit. Like the asymptomatic bloke who has to spend 14 days in hospital down in Phuket when a Thai person would simply be isolated. I wonder if his insurace will pay for that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

A 14% rejection rate is way too high for something like this, that's crash and burn territory. Be great if they would list the typical reasons for rejections; that would help the rest of us, assuming they want to. 

Another telling figure is the tiny fraction of 1% of positive tests of those entering the country. It suggests the insurance is unnecessary, and it reveals the obscene profits the insurance companies are raking in.

When word gets around all this will do is hurt the poor, who used to benefit from tourists. Now they are out there in Isaan harvesting rice with a hand scythe. 

But an improvement on the baccy tin bum detectors and the 90 day "NON" reporting software, been here since last century and it has never ever worked for me not once. Like Hopewell or painting over the Thai logo to save face will help. Do it on the chape charge for first class bill the Thai wai.

download.jpg.98c32c855fe070186de57ec862921d96.jpg

4 hours ago, bolt said:

yes

but the actual submission and then waiting period was fast

I didn't pay for Flight ticket

free cancelation of room ( which i have now cancelled)

I already have COVID insurance from July for 12 months.

so my submission was only a test to see how long it would take, or how late i can book and pay, using AGODA is around 3 days anything less is not showing up on the Test & Go page Quarantine Deals Only 

Do you use Agoda's confirmation code for all the inputs for Acommodation?  or do you need to contact the hotel and get confirmation from them?

5 hours ago, BazzaJames said:

More positive input on work arounds with ThaiPass would be a breath of freshair to those trying to cope with a stressful situation. Has anyone had an easier time with this thing using Gmail/Firefox??

I used Brave browser and got confirmation inside three minutes (even with shields up and UBlock Origin with all the filters). Yahoo email address. oh and QR codes for the vax certificate.

I was pleasantly surprised that it all went so smoothly but understand that not different PC setups etc can influence the outcome.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Applicants are advised to have their credit cards available and call TAT’s new ‘status-checker’ hot line any time and ask for Khun Ron.

TAT fact checker.JPG

and we have rooms available for you on arrival right now on Khoasan road ....... 

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roymac said:

I applied at 0830 on the morning after waiting fo my Non-Imm "O" visa to be issued. I had after reading numerous comments realised that my documents needed to be in JPEG and not PDF format. I prepared my docoments meticulously,  such as, TP 1 Flight tkt.  TP 2 Vaccination Certificate,  etc.

My documents would not be accepted using Google Chrome. It said something about browser so I called a friend who told me to download Microsoft Edge and use that. 

That done I commenced my application I had a bit of a problem with the first and last vaccines,  make sure the dates are chronological. Also I had 2 vaccination certificates, one showing the first and last vaccination dates and then the more formal you have been vaccinated blah blah. So I submitted the one then the other.

I was just getting to enjoy myself when it was completed and submitted. I was notified I would receive notification of my application within 7 days shortly thereafter.

With about 44 hours before my departure I was notified to download my successful Thailand Pass. 

Just enough time for a PCR test and I am here.

Stressful yes, very much so !

Doable yes,  just give yourself some time and prepare your documents properly.

I do believe it may be a little easier now. 

Good luck, it is ultimately worth it. 

What about arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport; fast/slow, complex/easy, every document scrutinized/ignored, how many minutes from exiting the aircraft to leaving the airport for your hotel, how long to get your swab report, etc?

• Haha 1