Prayuth: Not opening bars and pubs is necessary - threatens action against violators, praises self

webfact

No, this tool doesn't want to admit it IS necessary to open! He's not preventing anything because it is all happening anyways, just not in establishments where business owners as well as wholesalers and delivery people and service workers can make a living. Sinking in yet? He has nothing to praise himself for as his administration made an absolute mess of this wave. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I saw a tourist who seemed to be thrilled. He wasn't at the airport, however. He was walking down the street holding hands with a Thai woman who looked to be 30-40 years his junior.

Funny what sort of things make people thrilled. For some, according to the PM, it's more machines at the airport that 'save their valuable time'. For others, it's the chance to engage in the biological imperative for just a token fee.

With just a little hustle - but no hassle!

4 hours ago, pagallim said:

I can only think that mid January will be the most likely time when 70% of the whole population will have been vaccinated, and that's being used as the parameter for 'normality'.   Still doesn't make sense though, when the provinces that are 'open', and Bangkok in particular, have higher daily new infection rates than some of the 'closed' provinces.

By which time all those who were going to take a sunshine break holiday will have taken it and many others will be trying to cover their credit card bills from Christmas so there won't be many people left able to take a holiday!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

There is and has been an agenda against alcohol for a while now. To what end I cannot say but there's definitely an agenda. 

I think I'll move to Iran, no bars (just like here) but at least in Iran, as a foreigner and non muslim, you can brew your own, unlike here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

One can only laugh at this

what was the predicted number for Nov - I recall it was over 1m, official number is 50k so far and likely many of those are not actually tourists

delusional nonsense 

Figures can be made to look good,Brains Trust don't mention that they include the multiple QR Codes that  Thailand Pass applicants have received because of their dodgy App to push the numbers up.

6 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Most would be more thrilled with a STD and that's all about what's on offer due to this clown ????

I have no problem  with the bars and clubs no being unable to sell beer . My life is not controlling by a drink of beer. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

It's just how much you pay.

Walked yesterday to soi 4.

The 2 or 3 bars on the left site were well visited. Mostly farang and I didn't see a single one having something to eat.

They were sitting and having drinks out of bottles. Not using any mugs.

What time did you call the authorities to grass them off?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

It will all make sense when his end game becomes apparent. Maybe he's just negotiating through surrogates to buy the lock stock and barrel freehold to Phuket, Samui, and Walking street and this is his big hammer negotiating tool.

Or maybe he is doing it for people he knows who want to buy cheap and redevelop?  Although I doubt that Evergrande are in a buying mood.

• Haha 1