Drunk minivan driver intercepted after passenger reports terror ride

webfact

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

When Chan, 57, saw the cones laid out at the intercept he tried to burst through but was stopped.

He was breath tested and had 310 mg of alcohol - nearly six times over the limit at least.

How often was he already arrested for drunk driving?

Or should we somehow believe that was the first time that he was over the legal limit after (probably) decades of driving?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Usually the police are ‘reactive’ rather than ‘proactive’ and do nothing until an incident occurs. 

Pre covid there were police checkpoints scattered around town on a nightly basis, I've been stopped at them many times.

• Like 2

In 2015 I traveled to Penang for a visa run in a minivan from Krabi, that was the last time ever in a van.

The drivers standard of reckless driving was mirrored by at least eighty percent of the vans I saw, tailgating, undertaking, sheer aggression all seemed to be standard procedure.

Now that the drivers have a chance to earn a living again you would think that they might be a bit more careful but no, nothing changes………. T I T sums it up.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I flagged on major point of contention.

'The drivers are breathalysed every morning and if they are over the legal limit to drive they are suspended for the day' !!!!

I was incredulous while the Thai staff at the front desk really didn’t see anything wrong with this response !!!

Great idea. What's wrong with it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He was wearing a mask, pulled down probably because he'd just been breath-tested and that cannot be done through a mask!

Should have gones straight up again. He's not being breathalised in the pictures. Rules are rules - there's a pandemic on in case you hadn't noticed in your defence of the indefencible drunk driver.

Edited by pkrv

22 minutes ago, Almer said:

Chan will be out there tomorrow 

In a taxi on the way to the airport and asked the driver to please slow down, the reply "you are going on a plane it will go faster than this". Guess how much tip he got.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jerno said:

Is he retarded? No one could be that stupid to drive so friggy drunk.

Ever met a real alcoholic.... many seem to function quite well while having alcohol in their systems? Regular folks don't make the best decisions when drunk either..... 

• Like 1