Grocer's demolished: New March driver mistakes accelerator for brake

webfact

Some paranormal activities must be going on in this housing estate (Phuket Villa California).  Two vehicle accidents on the same day involving automatic vehicles.

First time on auto motorbike, man slams into wall, has arm impaled by brake handle

https://www.thephuketnews.com/first-time-on-auto-motorbike-man-slams-into-wall-has-arm-impaled-by-brake-handle-82334.php

A post with an offensive reference toward Thai people has been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I have a hard time driving a vehicle with auto transmission after 50 years of owning mostly stick shifts.  My left leg needs the exercise on the clutch and I have to have one hand rowing the gearbox (When I'm not drinking a beer or smoking a cigarette.).  Just habit.  My Mom went back to stick shifts for about 20 years.  She said she had "more control", LOL.  Go, granny, go.

I have had occasions where I intentionally pressed the accelerator with my heel and the brake with my toe at the same time.  But that was when off-roading in a 4 wheel drive and searching for traction on a hill.  Works. I had a VW bus one time where I could shift a couple gears with my foot on the stick and my other foot did the clutch. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

"I've only had it a month and five days," he said.

He was driving it for a month and did not know the difference between the brake and accelerator? 

That must have been some very interesting driving. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nissan model

Quite a nice little car, with more space inside than looks possible, and I took one for a test drive before I bought my Suzuki Swift, and if I hadn't have bought the Swift, then the Nissan March it was.

Still, not meant for driving into shops, best to park it outside and walk in!

10 hours ago, RobU said:

Everyone is taught to only use the right foot for accelerator and brake there is a rest for the left foot in all automatic cars. Using both feet is stupid and dangerous

The thing is here they are not 'taught' .. just told at the dealership "press this one to go .. and this one to stop .. good luck bi"