2022 Is the Year of Booster Shots: PM

snoop1130

01.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 23 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha called for strict disease controls to contain Omicron outbreaks and wanted next year to be the year of booster shots of COVID-19 vaccine, according to the government spokesman.

Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, the government spokesman, said the prime minister ordered health officials and police to intensify surveillance and observation on Thai and foreign arrivals to make sure that they complied with disease control measures.

“The prime minister in his capacity as the director of CCSA (Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration) ordered all measures to contain the transmission of COVID-19, especially its Omicron variant. He also ordered faster COVID-19 vaccination including the inoculation of booster shots for target and vulnerable groups. Besides, understanding must be created with those who reject vaccination so that they will realize the benefits of inoculation. Next year will be the year of booster shots for Thai people and there will be relevant campaigns,” Mr. Thanakorn said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-848494

tnalogo.jpg
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Besides, understanding must be created with those who reject vaccination so that they will realize the benefits of inoculation.

Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Well hopefully 2023 will start bringing back some tourists. It should be treated like the flu as it is and get your flu shot or risk getting sick. If there was a true vaccination like polio or any other world wide risk then once your vaccinated you would not get it. This seems to be the Only vaccine that doesn’t protect you once you get your shots. So treat it as a form of flu which it is and take your yearly shot as it changes. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Next year will be the year of booster shots for Thai people and there will be relevant campaigns,” Mr. Thanakorn said.

The truth is always in the pudding, I say that because I didn't see any wording including farangs or foreigners, so would with this then become a misunderstanding once again, or would it mean that farangs/foreigners will have to pay for their own boosters.

I believe the latter will become evident as this will become part of the norm, i.e. the annual Covid shot, which will become similar to that of the annual flu shot which we pay for if we want it, but up to you if you, want it or not, they might even go further and make it mandatory that you prove that you have had you annual jab to get your renewal at immigration.

Ah 2022 is going to be an interesting year.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Long as 'the year of the booster shot' does not translate into the year of 'the further year of closure due to the year of the booster shot' !

….or the year of “no booster no extension of stay!”

A study has just come out from the UK Health Security Agency on the effectiveness of the boosters and how long the booster protection lasts for:

Among those who received an AZ (ChAdOx1-S) primary course, VE was ~60% 2-4 weeks after either a Pfizer (BNT161b2) or Moderna (mRNA-1273) booster. VE against symptomatic disease dropped to ~35% by 10 weeks after a Pfizer booster, and ~45% 5-9 weeks after a Moderna booster.

Among those who received a Pfizer (BNT161b2) primary course, VE was ~70% 1 week after a Pfizer booster, dropping to ~45% after 10+ weeks. VE after a Moderna (mRNA-1273) booster stayed around 70-75% up to 9 weeks after the booster.

We also had enough data to look at VE against Omicron following a primary course of Moderna (mRNA-1273) for the first time. VE against symptomatic disease was lower for Omicron than Delta. At 2-4 weeks after dose 2, VE was ~50%. This dropped to 0% at 20-24 weeks post dose 2.

https://twitter.com/freja_kirsebom/status/1474070662159515655

Page 24

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1043680/technical-briefing-33.pdf

2022 is the year of booster shots ????????

Please correct me if I am wrong but in my medically uneducated way of thinking a booster shot follows after a previous shot therefore there will not be many booster shots administered here in Issan aka the bottom of the barrel.