Geckos

unblocktheplanet

2 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

What could have changed to alter their digestion?

I always thought that they ate insects exclusively. But I have occasionally found them in our kitchen waste bin, so I assume they must be there to eat discarded food.

So, maybe they tucked into the left over somtam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Reminds of years ago having to move apartments because the little guys starting to <deleted> on me at night! ????????

I have seen Gecko spray at the DIY store, might come in handy for you? ????

They like it...

Yes, we have them here too. A real nuisance but seemingly impossible to get rid of. Simply open the door to the house to let some fresh air in, and you let them in as well. And they are very hard to catch, too quick. I don't want to hurt them so is a matter of living with them, unless there is a way to discourage them from coming in.

1 hour ago, bigupandchill said:

Just a suggestion but lights showing outside attracts bugs which then attract Geckos. Get rid of the lights and maybe you can cut down on the Geckos?

Crikey, our house is lit up like a Christmas tree all night !  There you go. But I've seen them once or twice scurrying into the house in daytime anyway.

Are we talking about Jing Joks or Tokays here?

We very occasionally get Tokays in the house and believe me their $h1t is something you really want to avoid. At more than a foot in length (the Tokay that is, not the t*rd ???? ) they make a considerable mess and it stinks to high heaven. Furthermore, when you hear the gecko, gecko call there's a good chance a snake will respond to it, so now you find yourself with both a Tokay and a hungry snake to deal with.  

- - - - - and all I had to deal with in the summer months in the UK were crane flies and gnats and no $h1t. ????

Most insect spray works wonders for getting rid of geckos. They hate the stuff. They can be noisy and filthy. Even spraying around the outside of the house seems to keep many of them away. They are not welcome in my home! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

We occasionally have that problem after their holyday parties. That and getting really rowdy  becoming belligerent   and starting fights. 

We solved the diarrhea. problem , but we still have problems with their fighting.

image.png.38d866f2497d64cda04573f3d7ea2ff8.png

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, bigupandchill said:

Just a suggestion but lights showing outside attracts bugs which then attract Geckos. Get rid of the lights and maybe you can cut down on the Geckos?

Very true. They crowd the ceiling around the lights of my pool house.

On a side note, they're suckers for a laser pointer and great fun to see them chase the red spot around the ceiling. Sometimes you can get several to collide in pursuit of the spot.

Yeah, I know, but I'm easily entertained. Everybody needs a hobby after all.

20 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Reminds of years ago having to move apartments because the little guys starting to <deleted> on me at night! ????????

I have seen Gecko spray at the DIY store, might come in handy for you? ????

Does it kill them? That's the last thing I would want to do.

• Thanks 1