Thailand expecting 200 million air passengers by 2031 - 9th biggest hub in world, says transport minister

webfact

7 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

This will only be true if a global war doesn't  break out by then.  Surely  holding China accountable  for the Virus, it's encroachment in others waters, and the Taiwan situation is at the most volatile.   Also Russia and the Ukraine plot, and the US has pledged to stand with Ukraine,  global issue are at a all time threat, and global war could happen.

I hope that's the bright side you're looking at.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

More Nosense from a Government full of it.    By the time the World gets to 2031 the Countries surrounding Thailand will have ploughed forward with all the progress needed to starve this country of decent numbers of Tourists as things here will never change or will move at a snails pace compared to others.    Only when they sort out their Politics and get a proper Democratic Government in place with genuine vision for the future instead of bloated hype will they progress.  Somehow i don't think it will happen in my lifetime; as i have been here for 15 years and seen virtually zero progress in any sector apart from making rich people even more rich !   By 2031 they will be one of the SMALLEST HUBS in The World.

Like a tit on a flea, that sort of size? 

12 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Quadrupling current figures in just 10 years is bit of an imaginary stretch. It will take quite a visionary leader in the government to drive such a bold business plan. The government will need to come up with very unique attractions to attract passengers. Dubai and Singapore airports are attractive due to their cleanliness, comfort even indoor cinemas besides speedy connectivity through the terminals. Let’s get political stability and a visionary government before we can even think about this ambitious endeavor. 

Have you forgotten about the clean toilets at Krabi airport? A big draw right there

• Haha 1

You guys are too harsh on those Thai Elites. Their calculation is not wrong. Once Thailand is fully absorbed by China (due to submarine debt or high speed rail debt or Mekong River water crisis etc.), all the Chinese flood into Thailand will surely push the airline arrivals to at least 500 millions per year or more. 200 million is underestimate. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Planning for Suvarnabhumi started in 1973, it opened in 2006.

I thought it started in the late 60’s.  Its modern incarnation was always planned for 100MAP, and the terminal was specifically designed to add the east and west wings after the midfield concourse was built.  Getting more than 100MAP out of the airport would be nearly impossible though within the current footprint; there isn’t enough runway capacity.