Thai authorities searching for six European men who left Koh Chang after testing positive for Covid-19

webfact

Some off topic posts that hijacked the topic have been removed. This is trolling and someone has to come and clean your rubbish up.

Also removed an incomprehensible post from the same party

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonising other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

OMG ... you mean there's people walking around Thailand infected ... ????

... and from 4 different countries.  Oh c r a p ... honey, we need 4 more booster.

Only Buddha knows what variant they are spreading.

The six tourists are:

Arnaud Cachia, 32, from France ... Frarona

Romain Gretten, 32, from France

Marek Bonleckl, 62, from Poland ... Polrona

Krause Tomasz, 51, from Poland

Oleheming Kolstad, 38, from Norway ... Norona

Johan Debernardi, 31, from Switzerland ... Cheeserona

I prefer Ricerona ... the San Francisco treat

On Topic ... that is kind of rude, and the very few molding the minds of locals.  Hopefully made to spend 2 weeks or more in private hospital, then deported.

I think hotels should be adding an additional 1000 security fee to hotel bookings, and have someone shadow the guest until results come back.  And people wonder why voluntary isolation doesn't work.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Oblomov said:

Absurd isn't it. Make theatre of hunting down these folk simply because they fit the 'foreign threat demographic' yet everyone with a scintilla of sense knows this latest variant is rife and rampant. 

They are not being hunted down because they fit the "'foreign threat demographic " what ever that is, they are being hunted because they were supposed to go into quarantine and they did not. They broke  Thai law. 

Regardless of if you might agree with it or not it's the law,  According to you  what do you think the Thai authorities should do in such circumstances? say Oh well , boys will be boys. forget about them?  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

OMG ... you mean there's people walking around Thailand infected ... ????

... and from 4 different countries. 

Five countries, if you add Thailand. There are, by official statistics, about 50,000 currently infected* (*not incl. recovered) Thais in Thailand, and a couple foreign tourists, incl. 6 'on the run'. - The public should be on the lookout, and start panicking about those 6!

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, tonray said:

I'm surprised positive tests don't result immediately being thrown in leg irons...love to see that in the Tourism promo

But as leg  irons  are just a figment of your imagination they won't be tourism promotion material.  You do understand  that don't you?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Seems odd to me that there is a Test & Go hotel in Koh Chang?

Where was their test performed Bangkok, a PTT station in Chonburi, the pier, on the boat, on Koh Chang?

So they arrived at Suvarnabhumi, made their way via van/car, boat to an island - a journey which probably took what, eight plus hours.

They probably gave phone numbers all along the way, could some thai general simply ring their mobile and ask where they are?

So, I guess hotels aren't filing TM.30's <SHOCKER>.

The one that I stayed in the other week was SHA+Plus so most probably qualified for test and go too?

5 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

This would always happen when nothing happened to that Isreali guy who did the same. 

Do try to keep up ... 

"Pol Col Duangchote Suwancharas, superintendent of Thong Lor police, said the suspect pleaded guilty in court, so his punishment was reduced to a 2,000 baht fine.

Immigration police have taken him into custody for deportation, Pol Col Duangchote said."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

There is the first of the day for the if you don't like it crowd....what took so long for these posts to return...oh right those who use this language are the "I'm alright Jack" crowd.

Always one or more in the crowd.

Yes and now waiting for the, if found, they are in the deep (scatalogical reference of choice) crowd.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Yes and now waiting for the, if found, they are in the deep (scatalogical reference of choice) crowd.

Of course, those comments will include many other references to how bad these people are...but alas the story still has holes in it now that 3 were found at another resort on Koh Chang.  As I asked before when did they arrive in Thailand etc...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

All from the same hotel that happened to test positive after presumably testing negative before leaving their countries?   Wonder what the odds of that happening are?  Sounds a bit fishy to me.  

I would say collecting 200 folks together in Europe, 72 hours after a negative test (or fake test), flying them 1/2 way around the world and still expecting zero to be infected, is the long odds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From a local forum

ล่าสุดเจอครบหมดแล้ว 6 คน ครับต่อนี้ ย้ายที่พักใหม่ อัางว่า ไม่ได้รับแจ้งว่าติดโควิต เลยไม่รู้ย้ายไปที่ใหม่ ตอนนี้รอรับไปรักษาตัวต่อไป

Google translate as usual inadequate, but the gist seems to be they've been found and are being moved to new quarantine location.

• Like 1

"The acting district chief in Koh Chang in the central east of Thailand said that they are seeking six European men who tested positive for Covid-19 on Tuesday."

Selfish scumbags!  ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

Seems to me there must be some serious issues at the hotel when someone tests positive in keeping an eye on them after then. Did they check out ? Do a runner ? I would have thought with all the panic the hotel would have had armed guards stationed outside the room the minute a positive test came in. What's the time between positive and removal from hotel to quarantine hospital on a test and go , you'd think it immediate ?  there is more to this than the hotel is saying I think and the hotel could well be covering something up. Seems very odd people of three different nations would all do a runner at the same time - odds on they'll be found and say they were told they were negative and could go

• Like 1