Thaksin hit by storm that could sink Thailand’s main opposition party

webfact

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

“Their grounds for seeking the party’s dissolution rest on [Thaksin’s] words alone. They have failed to consider whether the [party’s] executive board allowed any interference,” said Chonlanan,"

You would have to have an IQ less than you body temperature to believe that they did not allow any interference.

Is it better when you have a fever, then?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

But the party has always insisted it is free from the influence of the wealthy ex-PM, who has been self-exiled overseas since fleeing a 2008 corruption conviction he claims was politically motivated.

Thailand still stuck in the past...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The current batch of sorry leaders will do anything to cling to power. This, after explicitly stating they want leadership only until things calm down, after the riots of 7 plus years ago. Losers. All of this crop of so called leaders. 

And been of this manner for decades.....if anyone's paying attention. 

What might be most amusing is that Pheu Thai is considered an opposition. 

Tells ya everything one needs to know.

• Like 2

As bad as Thaksin was he would be a vast improvement on the shower in charge now.

I know many Thais who hated him and now would welcome him back.

At least they could go out and earn a living then.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

You would have to have an IQ less than you body temperature to believe that they did not allow any interference.

That could be the norm in Thailand on a good day. ( Celsius that is ) :giggle:

Edited by Orinoco

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

is time that Thailand gets new honest and competent politicians. The only problem is that most Thais seem to prefer to vote for the well known corrupt crooks.

Despite which, the other bunch of well known corrupt crooks continue to form the government!

Isn’t amazing how Thaksin who has many charges of corruption and warrants against him still claims his charges are politically motivated. But the members of Phua Thai still crawl back to him for advice with the promise of walk back into Thailand with open arms so he can kiss the ground and all is forgiven. 

Thailand needs to move forward with new blood and ideas to get out of the rut they are in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But then how often did Thaksin tell us all he finished with politics? And how often did he start again to meddle in politics - or he just never stopped.

It is time that Thailand gets new honest and competent politicians. The only problem is that most Thais seem to prefer to vote for the well known corrupt crooks. TiT. 

Are all major politicians not corrupt crooks? I mean all, not just Thailands.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

The Political Parties Act prohibits any non-member from influencing a party’s affairs directly or indirectly. Parties who violate the law face disbandment by the Constitutional Court.

Why doesn't this apply to Prayuth?  He is not a member of Palang Pracharath Party as far as I know.  The PPP just nominated him as their PM choice and got a coalition of other parties to support it/him.

Pinocchio has certainly "influenced" the PPP ...

Yea but Thaksin ......etc etc.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But then how often did Thaksin tell us all he finished with politics? And how often did he start again to meddle in politics - or he just never stopped.

It is time that Thailand gets new honest and competent politicians. The only problem is that most Thais seem to prefer to vote for the well known corrupt crooks. TiT. 

1 hour ago, Hans Johnson said:

Isn’t amazing how Thaksin who has many charges of corruption and warrants against him still claims his charges are politically motivated. But the members of Phua Thai still crawl back to him for advice with the promise of walk back into Thailand with open arms so he can kiss the ground and all is forgiven. 

Thailand needs to move forward with new blood and ideas to get out of the rut they are in. 

Let him come back serve his time enough cases have been proven against him. I recently read an article in the BKK post that quite a few cases already led to convictions. I don't understand why anyone wants someone in power known for his corruption.

Now I want see the current MOB go but to change one group of power hungry people with an other. 

People should just vote Move forward at least then some real change would happen.

Both Prayut and Thaksin are part of the problem.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Let him come back serve his time enough cases have been proven against him. I recently read an article in the BKK post that quite a few cases already led to convictions. I don't understand why anyone wants someone in power known for his corruption.

Now I want see the current MOB go but to change one group of power hungry people with an other. 

W

People should just vote Move forward at least then some real change would happen.

Both Prayut and Thaksin are part of the problem.

Prayut is just a puppet. As about Move Forward, if people vote for it, its leaders will be accused of corruption or anything convenient, just like Thaksin. Actually it already happened to the predecessor of move forward. On top of it, they are not skilled enough to shake the system. Thaksin was able to do it, that's why they got rid of him. Not because he was corrupt (he was, but not more than the other politicians in Thailand).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, candide said:

Prayut is just a puppet. As about Move Forward, if people vote for it, its leaders will be accused of corruption or anything convenient, just like Thaksin. Actually it already happened to the predecessor of move forward. On top of it, they are not skilled enough to shake the system. Thaksin was able to do it, that's why they got rid of him. Not because he was corrupt (he was, but not more than the other politicians in Thailand).

I would prefer it if you don't compare the cases that Thaksin has been rightfully been found guilty of with the made up charges of move forward. To even put them in the same sentence is an insult to move forward.

So please don't compare a politician that is corrupt and convicted for it with some made up charges for someone who could really bring change.

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And Move Forward is fine?

Why would a Thai billionaire go into politics? History repeats itself.

Some people do want the best for Thailand the move forward guy put all his assets in a blind fund. I find that quite a good move and shows good intent. The generals and Thaksin, those are many many times worse. 

39 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If history repeats itself, why did you support the coup?

The other 16 didn't work out well, why were you under the impression this one would be any different?

I am happy Thaksin was removed.

I would have preferred if judges would have declared him guilty earlier and thrown him into jail. When he hid his money in the names of his maids and drivers would have been the right moment. But as we all know that didn't happen.

The biggest problem that I see in Thailand is that the masses don't want honest smart guys in charge of the country. They could have voted for Abhisit. But no, they prefer a criminal or his little clone sister.

Thai people regularly vote for known corrupt politicians or if those are banned then people often vote for the children of those corrupt politicians. And then they seem to be surprised that when they vote for corrupt politicians that they end up with a corrupt government. Like: Who could have predicted that one?

Simple minded uneducated masses are voting - and not only in Thailand...