ICE vs EV, the debate thread

KhunLA

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I sent lots of messages on facebook over the last 4 days, including MG HQ who said they have no more stock.  They all replied either with "only have X model" or asked my phone/line only to try and switch and bait because they have no more D model.

I prefer the MG4 it's a much more modern design with a lifetime battery warranty and I think buying one under a year old might be the best option.

I also have to be careful because we will have World War 3 in my household if I buy anything too nice.  MG4 X model would be ok providing it doesn't have body kit and upgraded alloy wheels.

IMHO, the moment a manufacturer discounts a car, all the used ones take an immediate hit.  Tents get stuck with cars that owe them too much.

The Chinese understand the model of buying market share.  We have seen them do it with air conditioners and other electrical goods.  If you price them similar to existing brands then people won't buy them.  I think the lowered prices are the new reality.

The problem I see is for cars with finance

The finance companies have a lending risk model based on total price of car %down payment and monthly repayments over X number of years and they insist on 1st class insurance while the car is subject to finance and that lending risk model is base on traditionally the car value is reduced only by 10% per year and if the car is written off they will see a large  return of the  loan amount or if the car is  repossessed they can sell on used market and get a large return of the loan amount

Using the 30% model must mean that finance companies will insist on larger downpayments shorter loan period and higher monthly installments

13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The problem I see is for cars with finance

The finance companies have a lending risk model based on total price of car %down payment and monthly repayments over X number of years and they insist on 1st class insurance while the car is subject to finance and that lending risk model is base on traditionally the car value is reduced only by 10% per year and if the car is written off they will see a large  return of the  loan amount or if the car is  repossessed they can sell on used market and get a large return of the loan amount

Using the 30% model must mean that finance companies will insist on larger downpayments shorter loan period and higher monthly installments

It would be nice to see gap insurance in Thailand, but it would just result in fraud.