Thai authorities searching for infected Russian tourist who broke Covid quarantine in Phuket

webfact

But seems he was positive on his second test (from how I read the article).
And then how he can broke quarantine, as for Phuket you only have to wait in your room for the first night!

Or I am missing something?

Edited by HampiK
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, khunPer said:

However, nothing stops you from a proper check-out, and asking the reception if the result was negative...:whistling:

Receptionist doesn't know the result, it's sent to you by Email

Or you check on the we site given at airport.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nelson52 said:

I was told my test was negative 6 hours after and was allowed to leave if I wanted. 

Testes at 10:00 didn't receive result  by Email until 02:00 hrs the next day.

Receptionist just told me that even if the day 5 or 6 tests negative you still have  to stay on Phuket island until 7 days have elapsed.

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

There is a problem with Test and Go. (According to some of my guests)

You go to the hotel for your one night quarantine.

They test you and say that if your result is negative, you may leave the next day.

They do not tell you if you are negative. You hear nothing. They only tell you if you are positive (and the men in their little white coats come and take you away ha ha).

Day 2. You wake up. Wait for a while, hear nothing so go to your next destination believing that you are negative.

You are not fleeing, you are just going where you said that you would go. This was the case of the other six 'absconders' from quarantine recently.

The problem with the Test and Go system is very poor (or absence) of clear communication.

So your guests don't check out ? Just walk away ?

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

There is a problem with Test and Go. (According to some of my guests)

You go to the hotel for your one night quarantine.

They test you and say that if your result is negative, you may leave the next day.

They do not tell you if you are negative. You hear nothing. They only tell you if you are positive (and the men in their little white coats come and take you away ha ha).

Day 2. You wake up. Wait for a while, hear nothing so go to your next destination believing that you are negative.

You are not fleeing, you are just going where you said that you would go. This was the case of the other six 'absconders' from quarantine recently.

The problem with the Test and Go system is very poor (or absence) of clear communication.

Not my experience.  I arrived at quarantine hotel at 2.00 pm. Had an immediate Swab test (PCR) and was told the result could be expected the following morning.  In the event the hotel rang my room at 11.45 pm (same day) with the negative result and I was told I could leave then if I wished.  In the end I left about 5.30 am the following complete with a certificate of my negative result.  Really good service 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

A Russian rushing away as he knows what he’s in for. Thais need to make quarantine more tourist friendly 

If they went back to the 14 days quarantine then at least tourists thinking of coming here would know what they are up for well in advance.