Immigration seem to be deliberately making marriage extensions more difficult

On 1/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, Wookie said:

I only put up with the bureaucratic <deleted> here because I like the weather and the scenery and have a great wife. Otherwise I would be on the first flight out.

Pretty much sums it up for the lot of us in the same position.  Sorry you had to deal with this. I just filed my first application for marriage visa and I lawyered up for this very reason

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

Those rules were NOT in effect when I arrived here. so I kept MY part of the bargain.

Im on retirement extensions.

The rules for money in bank method changed few years back.

I just met the new requirements.

Didn't moan about it. 

22 hours ago, zoza said:

a friend of  the wife explained it to us, that all ''Married visa'' was

sent to Bangkok hence the delay, and while there everything is

checked = more work + no bribe= no like...we had an x goverment

employee as witness, they no like big time.

this year she will be with us from day one.

For the marriage extension it depends on where you live. I live in Kamphaeng Phet province which is Immigration region #5, so my copy application goes to Chiang Mai which is the Immigration region #5 head office. 

IO  who send their have to send their stuff to Bangkok would be IO under region #1 which would cover Bangkok and some other offices in provinces near to Bangkok.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IO  who send their have to send their stuff to Bangkok would be IO under region #1 which would cover Bangkok and some other offices in provinces near to Bangkok.

Division one is only for Bangkok. Division 3 is for the offices in the central region.

• Thanks 1

As most of us are retired, I think we have enough time to fill out some more papers and make a few pictures. 2 weeks ago, i made an online appointment at immigration in Korat. There was a special online counter for checking the papers and getting the first stamp in the passport. So no waiting. After 90 min we were on our way home... We have had always a good and friendly service at the immigration

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I do marriage extension every year, its not the huge drama people make it out to be. A couple of extra documents and maybe a quick home visit, but its less money (for less time) in the bank, no insurance requirements, can work etc.

This years extension, due to covid, I was in and out of the immigration office in 15 minutes, later that same day a 15 minute home visit to the condo office, a couple of photos and the office staff (witness) ID etc, done for another year.

Its like anything, the extra checks exist because the system has been abused in the past.

Same here, 

Perhaps it is different at different location, but my extension based on marriage was a simple and pleasant process. (Khon Kaen) 

At the desk where you sign in and take a number, the girl checks your paperwork, she did find something out of order. (The bank had made a mistake and mixed with my bank certificates one of the documents of someone else's , probably the person that was there before us)

So we went back to the bank and got it straightened out. Came back Immigration, girl checked our paperwork, found everything to be in order, and gave us a number, Fifteen minutes later we were sitting with a very pleasant Immigration officer, and twenty minutes later we had the under consideration stamp. 

Next week two Immigration officers came to out house, a couple of our neighbors came over for witnesses, again all very pleasant, we all had a nice visit and a couple of sodas, I think it was three weeks later that we went back to to IO and got the final extension stamp. 

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised how easy and pleasant it all was. 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, recom273 said:

Not trying to have a dig, but after 12 years you should know about blue ink. Its not even a trick, it's standard procedure, just in the same way some UK government forms can only be filled in black. 

Not true. Black ink for forms and blue ink for signatures. (Shows the signature  not a photocopy.)