Annoying foreign beggar raking in 2-3,000 baht a day in Chatuchak, Bangkok

webfact

37 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

There are lot here who are in same category though they believe that their daily spend is running Thailand!! Deport and ban them, let them take their <deleted> poor ass back to their country....

do expand a little, the only foreign beggars I have ever experienced in Thialand are from SEA counties

how do you know what people spend

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

motorbike taxi guy is jealous

Rightly so. He's essentially living rough outside and hand to mouth. Has expenses.

It's like when foreign organization make some save the whores NGO. There are tens of thousands of people who didn't take that road and dirt poor AND a far better gamble to assist.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, inactiveposter said:

How about the fat legged guy who scammed funds in Bangkok to squander in Pattaya? And Pattaya had its own Farang beggars for a time. 

You are right but some folks here have mental block as they think that everyone coming from falangland is rich and every poor is from SEA....

• Like 1

"foreign" what does that mean? Other than she spoke some English there seems to be no indication of anything in the piece other than "Not Thai" or "not one of us".

Shock surprise a Cambodian speaks English? Or or we saying white woman is using a con? Confused to say the least.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's like the Sherlock Holmes story  "The man with the twisted lip" ,

where a man with a good job in the city , found he could earn more

money ,dressing up as a beggar, and begging on the street.

regards Worgeordie

I've got a twisted mind - perhaps I should have a try at it.

Pattaya Tai, Entrance to TukCom. 

A cool looking Thai guy (looks like a musician) hangs out every day on the steps. 

I feel for the muso's, lost their jobs when the bars shut down. 

Also, a Thai girl (late 20's early 30's) has appeared, begging everyday. 

I wish the begging foreigners would go back to their countries, it really ticks me off. 

8 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Fake beggars are everywhere, this is why I stopped hang out my money.

Hundreds of pitiful looking beggars (mostly imported Cambodians) are deployed all over the city every morning by the BMA & Police diverting well intentioned donations into the mafias pockets. Do the math. It's big business.  

A legitimate poor person will usually get chased off. 

• Sad 1

It can be a good business. Ive seen some movies about "beggars", collecting money in this way. Paying of just fine.

I have no problem if i see a someone with no legs, begging to get around and even collecting maybe 3000 baht.

It is possible. Some make it their daily job, it can be very profitabel, as i saw on USA movie.

In Philippines, once i had situation with kids, saying they were hungry, but asking for money to buy.

I was with, at that time she was , a good woman and she said, no it is  a scam. Dont give money but buy then some food.

There are kids gangs led by adults to roam for money. Ok to test, i bought food and gave it to them, amazingly (NOT) they were not interested. OK there you go with your good intentions. It was what she said.  

But said in last line of article, it is everywhere and there are scams even more horrible. So be aware.

• Like 2