Body in trash drum case is over: Granddaughter murdered her gran for 100,000 baht

webfact

6pm2.jpg

Sanook Thai Caption: Grannie murdered for her money

Sanook reported on the resolution to the case where an elderly lady was found stuffed in a blue plastic trash drum in Derm Bang Nang Buat district of Suphanburi. 

It turned out to be a horrific case of greed and ungratefulness. 

The deceased was named as Somsri, 62 from Saraburi. Her murderer was her 17 year old adoptive granddaughter and her boyfriend Padiphol, 23. 

The pair fled to Mae Sot in the north west after the body was found and it became big news in Thailand. They were picked up travelling in a van at a checkpoint. 

The granddaughter admitted everything immediately. 

She said that she had been living with her gran while studying in Nakhon Ratchasima but the old lady was careful over money. 

After her gran won money in the Hanoi Lottery she was sent to press the ATM. This is when she noticed that her gran had 100,000 baht in her account.

She decided that she wanted it for herself and gran had to die, reported Sanook.

She called Padiphol her boyfriend who she had recently met through a dating site. 

She strangled her gran but she didn't die. Padiphol helped her finish off the job.

The pair then set out in the man's pick-up to find a suitable place to bury their victim leaving the dead woman at home. 

They went to Lopburi but couldn't find a good spot so went back home to the corpse that they subsequently wrapped up in a blanket and tied with rope.

Gran was then shoved into the back of the pick-up as they went off again in search of a good burial site.

By morning they had still failed. This was when the granddaughter spotted a blue drum by the road that she felt would be useful as extra concealment. 

They then bought bags of earth to stuff into the drum.

Eventually they found in Suphanburi what they thought would be a great place to leave the body - it was deserted.

Earlier reports suggested they were seen by a roadside fruit seller. 

Gran was dumped and the pair went home to start spending her 100,000 baht.

When only a few 10,000s were left the story about the finding of the body hit the news and they fled to the boyfriend's home and were caught en route. 

Both will be charged with the murder of the old lady despite the granddaughter still being a minor.

Sanook noted: This is the thanks Granny Sri got for looking after her granddaughter since the day she was born.

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-17

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 13

6 hours ago, webfact said:

They went to Lopburi but couldn't find a good spot

"they went off again in search of a good burial site."

"By morning they had still failed. "

typical Thai planning , RIP the grandmother , victim of greed.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

Just binge watched a UK series, 'Killer in our village' same sort of thing happens. It is amazing to what lengths the police go to solve these crimes and their technology is impressive. In the UK at least one has almost zero chance of getting away with murder although one case took 40 years before an arrest, most arrests were done and dusted after 18 months.

I think that the machine gun executions of Thai condemned prisoners was brutal - but under these circumstance it makes one wonder if the punishment should fit the crime.  No respect for the sanctity of the life of another human at all. 
Sad.  Beyond words.

4 hours ago, connda said:

I think that the machine gun executions of Thai condemned prisoners was brutal - but under these circumstance it makes one wonder if the punishment should fit the crime.  No respect for the sanctity of the life of another human at all. 
Sad.  Beyond words.

Place them in a overcrowded cell and give them some rice and water each day and that's it.

Leave them there until they die.

Committing a murder on purpose should be punished by life in prison without any chance of parole.

Life is the most precious thing we have on this planet, and if you take one on purpose,

you should lose all chances to get back into society.

Before I ever came to Thailand I read over and over again how gentle and smiling Thai people are, and how families are so close. And when I came to live here I found I could read daily stories of family killing other members, family members raping tiny children, murders by a jealous wife or husband or boyfriend killing their partner or former partner, young men killing their mother for drug money. It is so endemic that even the director at my nephew's school in our village was murdered by his wife as she thought he was having an affair. He wasn't.

Add into that, so many parents don't actually raise their own kid as other things take priority and so the kid is sent off to live with a grandmother who can barely look after themself, let alone a boisterous kid. We have been looking after a nephew for two years after his mother went off to Hungary 'for three months' where her Dutch husband has a house. I'm not surprised that she hasn't returned, as once Thais sample the outside world so many have no desire at all to return to Thailand. But then, in Thailand many only have kids as an insurance policy so they'll be looked after in their old age.

• Like 1

The TV soaps are full of families feuding.  Kids soak up this stuff and think its normal family behaviour.

You can see the kids and teenagers glued to the screens as soon as the shouting and screaming starts.

Its supposed to be good TV but its complete rubbish.  Could be that the granddaughter watched this sort of material. Just saying.