What's your drinking time?

EVENKEEL

Won't drink before 6PM. It's a strict rule, only exception would be a very special occasion like Xmas Day or some rare social event, and then I'd only relax my rule down to about 4PM. I really dislike drinking when it's daytime, as someone else mentioned already it screws up my sleep cycle. So I start after dark or at sunset.

My 2nd strict rule is I won't drink 2 days running. I'll drink one evening, then take a day off. I think it's a good idea to have some strict rules in place with drinking to prevent one from sliding into alcoholism. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grain said:

Won't drink before 6PM. It's a strict rule, only exception would be a very special occasion like Xmas Day or some rare social event, and then I'd only relax my rule down to about 4PM. I really dislike drinking when it's daytime, as someone else mentioned already it screws up my sleep cycle. So I start after dark or at sunset.

My 2nd strict rule is I won't drink 2 days running. I'll drink one evening, then take a day off. I think it's a good idea to have some strict rules in place with drinking to prevent one from sliding into alcoholism. 

You could limit the drinks and enjoy everyday.

46 minutes ago, connda said:

What's your drinking time?  ????

Whenever I want it to be.  But my father and grandfather were 'maintenance drinkers.'  They only drank at 5am in the morning when out in the boat fishing.  And absolutely no drinking while out hunting!  Other than that a 9am Bloody Mary seemed be in order to take some 'hair of the dog.'  On work days they refrained before lunch.

Me?  I'm a social drinker.  If I drink it's usually in a social setting.  If out fishing with the old men, yeah, I'd pop one at 5am.  If I was with friends on the weekends, yeah, the brew came out when the football games started.  Wine or a drink during dinners in a restaurant. Sure. Or out carousing on Soi Cowboy with guys I used to work with - no time no limit.
Or maybe I decide I'm in the mood to shock the puritans and crack a beer with breakfast at large social events. Depends on my mood.

Most of the rest of the time?  I have no "Drinking TIme."  I seldom drink outside of social settings.  People with set "drinking times" should reflect on the "why."  'eh?  :thumbsup:

I'm very much a night owl, you won't see me out and about drinking alcohol during the daylight hours, ever.

For me it's generally 9 or 10pm at the earliest.

Needless to say with recent restrictions I haven't bothered going 'down the pub' since some time last spring and I'm certainly not changing my whole routine because the pubs are closing early.

As far as I'm concerned when they open up at night properly again I'll go for a few beers, if they never resume opening up late again then I'm never going, it's as simple as that. I won't go for just 1 or 2 hours,  I will make a night of it and stay for 4 or 5 hours or I won't bother.

I speak of going down the pub because I don't drink at home, it's a social thing for me.

When I was younger I'd often have a couple of pints during the day, perhaps at lunch with my colleagues while eating but those days are long gone.

• Like 1

Typically, maybe 1600 or later on weekends....We sing Karaoke a few hours on Saturday nights & put out a spread of snack foods, that's when I'll have a few.....

Sometimes, if making something enticing like homemade salsa with chips I'll like a Margarita or cocktail & just settle in to enjoy....

I'm not a beer enthusiast, so it's mostly mixed drinks.....

The wife will take a sip, but basically doesn't drink....Her bottle of Bombay lasts about 3 years.....Reserved for special occasions....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

These Bavarian veal sausage are not supposed to hear the church bells at noon. 

Therefore it is necessary to drink before noon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO7GAX22ylEGo1MD7PrlQ

Most times, it's more about the food, that deserves or needs to be washed down with a Kopper Craft.  Sausage definitely tops the list alongside pizza.  Or if I make myself a nice Hoagie (sub for non Philly-ites), for a surfside munch.  A good burger, almost dictates time for beer.  

If having a munch at surfside (we bring our table & chairs) on the promenade, then yea, usually a beer or 2, or Mochitos (lemon/lime ? Schweppes & Bacardi).

Not a big drinker of alcohol, just to drink, and can't remember last time I got past 1 liter of beer.  Water is my usual beverage of choice, unless doing the coffee / pastry shop thing.

• Like 1

I don't like drinking before bedtime as it gives me a headache, I don't have a schedule like many here have posted. Don't drink hard liquor, just beer and wine. I'd drink more wine than beer if it was cheaper. Just got a bottle of Cab Sav from Tesco fresh for 399thb. When you retire here I think drinking can very sneakily become a daily habit. I've kind of limited myself to 4 small beers a day as a rule....usually.

since all the covid shutdowns and time limits, between 5pm (directly after work) and 9pm has become my typical time to eat and drink socially.  In the past I would finish work, go home, eat, shower, take a rest, change clothes, and go out again. Now i usually skip the break between work and going out at night.  Get tired early, then asleep earlier than pre-covid schedules.

19 hours ago, Sunnny said:

Evenings. Only. I am not an alcoholic, after all.

I always find it interesting when people use their personally-imposed restrictions as a justification as to why they don't think they have a drinking problem; especially when they weren't even prompted to do so...

Personally, if I'm drinking, I prefer to start mid day and keep going until the evening. This usually means I'm done by 8 or 9, which is fine by me. Life right now doesn't really allow me to do that very often as basically I have to write off two days to do so; drinking day plus the next day where I'll have a huge hangover. So when I have less free time, I usually will start drinking in the evening on my "wind down" day so I'm only loosing the one day's worth of productivity.

And before anybody says drink less and you can drink more often; firstly I want to enjoy my day out/evening without worrying about any self-imposed restrictions, and secondly, I still get a pretty bad hangover even if I just drink 2 or 3 beers; not completely crippling, but enough to make concentrating on any kind of work unpleasant. And as for the idea of just having 1 beer of an evening... No thanks!

In my early 20s, along with mates, we would always convene at the local pub for a few drinks at lunchtime, and then convene again at opening time which I think was about 5:30 PM back then.

Changed my ways in my mid-30s and would never drink during the day and gradually progressed onto drinking wine only, and then with the evening meal, and that has continued to this day, some 40 years later.

However what was once a bottle of red wine with the evening meal has now reduced to half a bottle, with perhaps a snifter of port afterwards.

I drink red wine because it complements the food I cook and I enjoy searching for the good/different/promotional offers.

There is one exception to this, and that being if I go out with friends on a Friday or Saturday evening, after my usual tipple of wine, I may well get into a beer or two, or perhaps a rum and coke, with the last drink being around 11 PM.

I’m going to be the party pooper here: I quit drinking (and smoking) more than three years ago and never felt better. Don’t need a drink anymore to make me feel good.
To all you guys and gals who still enjoy a drink (or two): have at it, but doing it in moderation is the way to go. Your liver, as well as the rest of your body, will thank you for it when you get older.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 12:40 PM, KhunLA said:

Being a nonconformist, I eat & drink, whatever, whenever I want. 

Whatever I'm in the mood for.

So you do the dessert before your Lasagna as well. Completely agree !! "What's your drinking time?". When I am thirsty of course. Strange question. I used to get up in the middle of the night to cook me a meal when I felt it was right.

• Like 1