Empty streets and strict regulations deter tourists from visiting Thailand

webfact

On 2/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, mokwit said:

If there is one group of people I have no sympathy for it is Patpong Night Bazaar vendors.

Why do you say that? Any countries markets in tourist areas will have their undesirables and cheats.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, connda said:

Unfortunately - no they don't.

They are purposefully keeping, "Thailand’s tourism ecosystem closed" and purposefully "haven’t reopened."

Bloomberg hasn't gotten the memo:  "Only rich, well-heel tourists and investors wanted.  All other foreign commoners will need to find more accepting and friendly countries to spend their tourism dollars.  Thailand doesn't want common foreigners any longer."

"Thailand doesn't want common foreigners any longer." Change that to "The soldiers government doesn't want common foreigners any longer."

Would a democratically elected government want all kinds of tourism back in order to reinstate thousands of peoples livelihoods?

Think back to the bustling tourist areas in Bangkok and Pattaya before the country was stolen in 2014, then maybe you will have the answer.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, swm59nj said:

You have to be pretty desperate to visit a country with a high Covid rate. Just for the sake of drinking cheap booze and cheap fun.  

booze ain't so cheap here now..i can drink cheaper in Europe..as for the  girls same overpriced 

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, webfact said:

the vendors are gone.

Thailand wants to get them back

I thought it was tourists that Thailand want to get back.

Anyway, I don't think that empty Patpong necessarily equates no tourists in Thailand.

Covid or not, times have changed, people find a lot on the internet, from T-shirts to girls.