Thai police forced to apologize after telling accident victim: "Why report it - what's in it for us?"

webfact

Aaaah, the old what's in it for me (WIFM). 

Yes I've used this method many times but I'm not getting paid to protect the public.

It's the policeman job to keep the public safe. 

Another sad story for the Thai Police force and a good example of the poor training they are receiving. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure who you call here in Thailand for road damage.  In the states I would call the local road department.  If it was a dangerous situation the local police.  Where I lived there was cold and snow.  So not unusual to get very large potholes at times.

Ok officer apologized.  But the mention “nothing is in it for us”.  I think that calls for some type of discipline. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Typical response when making any complaint to the police, unless they have a way of making money out of it they are not interested.

I wonder if Prayuts listening, he's still determined to stamp out this behaviour.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

"He was forced to apologize".

He should have been sacked on the spot if the commanding officer had any decency, intelligence or commonsense.

Could it be that that is the kind of officer that produces the most for the outfit. Perhaps the officer is considered a real rain maker by the force. If there is a next time he'll take the report and trash it soon after the whiner leaves. In my dreams the officer wasn't released on the spot so that the PM can show his determination to improve the RTP by firing the officer himself. 

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Typical response when making any complaint to the police, unless they have a way of making money out of it they are not interested.

Should have reported that her 10baht gold chain went down the hole

...it would have been plugged shut with brown attired parasites within the hour

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, joloit said:

It‘s difficult to believe their reaction!!

How long have you been in Thailand? Or maybe its sarcasm ????It's far far far from being unusual. A friend of mine was asked for 100,000 baht to investigate when his house was robbed and his stuff and the SUV they found the keys of were stolen. The 'security guard' at the gated community even disappeared the same day, but they weren't interested unless he paid them. He and his Thai wife left Thailand soon after, he back to Australia and she glad to go with him and see the back of her third world cesspool of a country.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Just inform them a bag of money fell into the hole! 5555

image.png.a9ea4a443e34ba889df23cfb990d7633.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

In Thailand, you have to think like this:

Why would you pay three times the going rate for next to nothing extra in return?

If you have the money, just hire three of them. 

That single person is never going to improve regardless of how much you pay him, he's already at the limit of his capabilities. 

Pure drivel- racist nonsense

• Like 1

Apologize only because it got out.  Years ago my Thai neighbor was taking his daughter to school a drunk in a truck ran them down the daughter died. It was suggested they check the 7/11 cameras the response was pretty close. 

Here they work for themselves not the people. 

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1