Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

38 minutes ago, Virt said:

I hope they have something left that can attack columns like this.

lcimg-32aecfce-a2c2-44ef-9fcc-4c6e3bf079c6.jpg.9eab6e0da8f85bf4993ad53f6c3fb0ea.jpg

MAXAR TECHNOLOGIES/REUTERS/RITZAU SCANPIX

Too bad the US can't send a few cruise missiles at that convoy.  It would be wiped out in a matter of seconds. 

14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Too bad the US can't send a few cruise missiles at that convoy.  It would be wiped out in a matter of seconds. 

Hopefully Us stay way out of this until it threatens Us directly! Nobody believe Putin will use nuclear weapons, but what if he do? 

what then? We cant recover from that if that happens! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Hopefully Us stay way out of this until it threatens Us directly! Nobody believe Putin will use nuclear weapons, but what if he do? 

what then? We cant recover from that if that happens! 

My comments were merely "wishful thinking."  The US can't attack the Russians as it would be considered an act of war.  By the way, I wasn't talking about sending in nukes.  Cruise missiles can have a non-nuclear conventional payload. 

15 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

My comments were merely "wishful thinking."  The US can't attack the Russians as it would be considered an act of war.  By the way, I wasn't talking about sending in nukes.  Cruise missiles can have a non-nuclear conventional payload. 

Im awere of the weapon type, but I was referring to Putins respond if Us was getting involved with missiles. Putin is already surrounded by enemies who want to help Ukraine, with almost only Chetz and The dog Belarius left on his side officially as allies 

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The Big-Boy Table...

417de5d0-98c2-11ec-bf3f-aa47d35384f3.jpg

... 555, yeah, barely a fist taller than a pig stables door but needs yacht-sized tables ... trying to compensate most likely, kchkchkch  ...

That dude has lost his excrement, 4 shua ...   crazy.gif.cee6a77d1736218f6a7320adc4170603.gif 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

They might not make it very far down those muddy side roads.

Hitler did the same mistake, lost his supply lines during the winters in Russia. 

Im quite sure Putin expected Ukraine to surrender after 24 hours, maximum 36. Something is horrible wrong here, where worst scenario will be nuking Kyiv

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Hitler did the same mistake, lost his supply lines during the winters in Russia. 

Im quite sure Putin expected Ukraine to surrender after 24 hours, maximum 36. Something is horrible wrong here, where worst scenario will be nuking Kyiv

Or a few more cities with smaller tactical nuclear weapons, just to shock the world. Putin can not get away from todays situation with his honor intact. 

Im afraid he will go all the way now, he will not retreat back. 100% sure

Edited by Hummin

2 minutes ago, Credo said:

I've heard a few rumblings that Putin may be suffering from either physical or mental problems.  He certainly seems to be acting in an irrational manner.   

Maybe he just got round to watching this and realised attacking people as hard as nails was not such a good move

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Credo said:

I've heard a few rumblings that Putin may be suffering from either physical or mental problems.  He certainly seems to be acting in an irrational manner.   

Nothing weird about Putin at all, or?  there's social distancing and there's complete paranoia

Ukraine tensions: Putin keeps ministers at arm's length amid fears of war -  Internewscast

source

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Credo said:

That always comes with the conflict and propaganda served. You will never know what is the real truth, same as Ukraine claim thousands of russian soldiers arecdead, and serving burning bodies on social media to demoralize the russian soldiers and motivate the Ukraines. 

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing weird about Putin at all, or?  there's social distancing and there's complete paranoia

Ukraine tensions: Putin keeps ministers at arm's length amid fears of war -  Internewscast

source

It only takes some chemicals as he know to good after many assanation he have been responsible carrying out himself on enemies of the state. 

And then you have covid. Do you believe Putin is vaccinated? 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It only takes some chemicals as he know to good after many assanation he have been responsible carrying out himself on enemies of the state. 

And then you have covid. Do you believe Putin is vaccinated? 

Yes but you would think he would trust his right hand man Sergey Lavrov (from same source)

image.png.079f08816533a2019ebe182fd1629f65.png

The oligarchs are seeing their ruble wealth trashed, and their funds outside Russia frozen.

In their shoes, I'd be thinking assassination.

Putin opened that door himself by tasking 400 special forces to kill Zelensky.

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes but you would think he would trust his right hand man Sergey Lavrov (from same source)

image.png.079f08816533a2019ebe182fd1629f65.png

That and similar pictures with others are evidence of what has been described as his "Covid paranoia" - which may be just one aspect of Putin's alleged wider paranoid tendencies.

As also mentioned in the Times article I referenced earlier:

Moscow officials are obliged to provide faecal samples several times a week to ensure they do not infect Putin, and many of those who meet him face to face have to spend two weeks in self-isolation beforehand.

The overall point of that article seems to be to document the claims that:

Putin has become increasingly unstable and paranoid after isolating during the pandemic.

Which if true, makes the whole situation even more worrying.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Plenty of articles hinting at Putin's mental instability.

Here's just one from the Times.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/7e34e962-9726-11ec-bcb9-65f2c5c7f961

As it says:

"... seasoned Kremlin watchers say that the Russian leader has largely been a recluse for the past two years, retreating into paranoid exile from the world."

It also quotes a former Kremlin aide who was previously close to Putin, as follows:

“The previous Putin would not have done this. He was a very sane-thinking person. But this has all vanished now. He has an obsession about Ukraine that he didn’t previously have. He is reacting now to the pictures in his own head.”

So that person, who knows (or knew) Putin well, thinks he's no longer "a sane-thinking person."

Which is basically another way of saying he's insane.

In another eerie parallel to Hitler, that article also describes how he has withdrawn from contact with the normal government bureaucracy and officials, in favour of surrounding himself with a small coterie of hard-line advisers who reinforce his own paranoid views of the world.

I guess after all, how he now have cornered himself, will not benefit to his mental health. Still a good propaganda card fact or not. 

Anyway, there is something missing out during this conflict, and he has been taken by surprise. I will continue to think China maybe promissed support in a way of putting pressure on Taiwan while he invaded Ukraine, or he just miscalculated completely he Ukrain resistance. I just cant believe he actually invaded, but maybe he felt the heat, and have no other way out after weeks of stories about the coming invation from the western leaders especially Us intelligence. 

strange lead up to the invation in my eyes, something is wrong

• Like 1

The other thing that gives me nightmares are the now widely-quoted remarks Putin made back in 2018. 

Talking about using nuclear weapons if he thought Russia was under threat, he said:

"Yes, it will be a catastrophe for humanity and for the world. But I'm a citizen of Russia and its head of state. Why do we need a world without Russia in it?"

Ukraine invasion: Would Putin press the nuclear button?

7 hours ago, Scott said:

I don't put a lot of stock in memes or tweets, but i thought this was worth sharing:   May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Tristan Snell @TristanSnell Switzerland and Sweden were neutral even during World War Il. Today Switzerland is freezing Russian assets, and Sweden is sending 5000 anti-tank missiles to Ukraine. Putin has united and awakened the free world perhaps more than ever before. 4:15 PM Feb 27, 2022 Twitter for iPhone'

How generous from Sweden now. During WW2 when not only Europe were in flame, it did not outrage them. And Switzerland?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Saanim said:

How generous from Sweden now. During WW2 when not only Europe were in flame, it did not outrage them. And Switzerland?

Maybe they learned something from WW2. Need to nip evil in the bud. Putin got away with stealing Crimea with very light pushback. That was a mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

That chap is seated over the trap door leading to the shark tank. All putin needs is a cat to stroke.

Seriously I assume he's worried about an assassination attempt? He's running through food-tasters at a furious pace.

• Haha 2

I wonder if the Thailand Russia bilateral trade agreement would allow me to ship wheelbarrows to Russia.

Stock market collapsed and closed, a run on the banks, interest rates already more than doubled to 20% and sanctions hitting the economy.

Hyper-inflation is a distinct possibility.

Wheel barrows will be useful to carry payment for the coleslaw. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1