Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Russia steps up Ukraine assault as US warns of annexation

Russia on Monday launched a fresh assault on the critical Ukrainian port of Odessa as the United States warned that Moscow was preparing formally to annex embattled regions in the east.

The new heavy fighting came as the European Union said it was bracing for a complete end to Russian gas supplies, with the bloc preparing another package of sanctions sure to anger President Vladimir Putin.

After failing to take the capital Kyiv, Moscow has shifted its two-month-old invasion to largely Russian-speaking areas and has stepped up pressure on Odessa, a celebrated cultural hub that is a crucial port on the Black Sea.

https://nordot.app/893704515176628224?c=592622757532812385

Disturbing video report with conclusive video evidence of his capture, public interview, then death. Just a daily reminder of the evil being carried out daily.

Ukrainian prisoner of war confirmed dead days after Russian capture

Ukrainian prisoner of war Don Zvonyk was confirmed dead days after he was shown captured by Russian forces. CNN's Matt Rivers reports. 

Source: CNN https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/05/02/ukrainian-war-prisoner-death-dnt-rivers-newday-intl-ldn-vpx.cnn

FRnAWyqXEAAi0uU.jpg.ba07ef3274a3e074601ec0deff3a0641.jpg

• Sad 3

Comprehensive and damning statement, this is worth a read its too long to put here

Joint Statement on the Invasion of Ukraine and the Importance of Freedom of Expression and Information

In the light of the invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation and the continuation of the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine, the monitors for freedom of expression and freedom of the media for the United Nations (UN), the African Commission of Human Rights (ACHR), the Inter-American Commission for Human Rights (ItACHR), and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) issued the following joint statement:

We are outraged about the continuous atrocities and the resulting grave human rights and humanitarian crises, which have a massive detrimental impact on civilians’ lives, safety and well-being. We stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine in these difficult times.

First, we are profoundly concerned about the safety of journalists, media workers and associated personnel in Ukraine, who are carrying out their work under unprecedented conditions, and are now at a very high risk. There are numerous reports that journalists and they are being targeted, tortured, kidnapped, attacked and killed, or refused safe passage from the cities and regions under siege. Such actions are abhorrent and must be stopped immediately.

https://www.osce.org/representative-on-freedom-of-media/517107

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I'm conflicted for a different reason.

Putin deserves a slow, painful death.  However the sooner he's out of the way the better, so I'm hoping for a fatal complication during surgery.

My feelings too are mixed.  While it may be bizarre to be supporting an evil, murderous, out of control blight on the human race, I wouldn't wish Putin on anything, not even cancer.  Let's hope they're able to assist it in its fight against him.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

My feelings too are mixed.  While it may be bizarre to be supporting an evil, murderous, out of control blight on the human race, I wouldn't wish Putin on anything, not even cancer.  Let's hope they're able to assist it in its fight against him.

I like your comment so  much ! I have talked so much with  many persons who have explained the thinking they have abouut the thinking of Putin. If he is wrong  to us when he is right to  other is really a  natural way of life .Big problem is debate who wins how much  of reason for war. Kompetition  is the normal solution for war or not ? The  Human ape also has territory instincts it  does not find easy to sppress.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

It's a karma thing I guess for some people, you wish or that of pain and suffering of someone it may come back on you. 

How about this?

If you could anonymously push a button and Putin would be instantly vaporized with no pain.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just when you thought the Russian officials couldn't get any lower, unbelievable..................

After Lavrov's statement on TV set that case for Russia's denazification of Ukraine: “So what if Zelensky is Jewish. The fact does not negate the Nazi elements in Ukraine. I believe that Hitler also had Jewish blood. Some of the worst antisemites are Jews.”

Israel summoned the Russian ambassador to the Israeli Foreign Ministry to complain.

The response today from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

"History, unfortunately, holds some tragic examples of cooperation between Jews and the Nazis."

"Jews were complicit in their own prosecution and extermination in WW2. Aa well as Israel complicit in prosecution of Jews, along with "communists and Russians" in Ukraine."

Israel supports the Nazi-government in Kyiv”.

The Russian Foreign Ministry just accused Israel of supporting Neo Nazism in Ukraine

#BREAKING UK PM Johnson unveils £300 million in new military aid in remote speech to Ukraine parliament

This is Ukraine’s finest hour, an epic chapter in your national story. Your children and grandchildren will say that Ukrainians taught the world that the brute force of an aggressor counts for nothing against the moral force of a people determined to be free. “You have exploded the myth of Putin’s invincibility and you have written one of the most glorious chapters in military history and in the life of your country.” "the West made a mistake in not helping #Ukraine in 2014, when Russia annexed #Crimea. "We cannot make the same mistake again."

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61295448?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just when you thought the Russian officials couldn't get any lower, unbelievable..................

After Lavrov's statement on TV set that case for Russia's denazification of Ukraine: “So what if Zelensky is Jewish. The fact does not negate the Nazi elements in Ukraine. I believe that Hitler also had Jewish blood. Some of the worst antisemites are Jews.”

Israel summoned the Russian ambassador to the Israeli Foreign Ministry to complain.

The response today from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

"History, unfortunately, holds some tragic examples of cooperation between Jews and the Nazis."

"Jews were complicit in their own prosecution and extermination in WW2. Aa well as Israel complicit in prosecution of Jews, along with "communists and Russians" in Ukraine."

Israel supports the Nazi-government in Kyiv”.

The Russian Foreign Ministry just accused Israel of supporting Neo Nazism in Ukraine

if the Ruzzians continue like this, maybe Mossad will take care of Putin and his henchmen.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

#BREAKING UK PM Johnson unveils £300 million in new military aid in remote speech to Ukraine parliament

This is Ukraine’s finest hour, an epic chapter in your national story. Your children and grandchildren will say that Ukrainians taught the world that the brute force of an aggressor counts for nothing against the moral force of a people determined to be free. “You have exploded the myth of Putin’s invincibility and you have written one of the most glorious chapters in military history and in the life of your country.” "the West made a mistake in not helping #Ukraine in 2014, when Russia annexed #Crimea. "We cannot make the same mistake again."

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61295448?

and well done UK.

the UK had greatly lost in status in my eyes in the past years, but its recent positions and support for Ukraine have restored my faith.

well done UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1