ATK Requirement to use Restaurants

Steve80

I have read that in Pattaya you need to take an ATK test before you can use restaurants and enter some areas like Walking Street, and also need to take one to enter Khaosan Road in Bangkok.

Does this policy also apply to any other restaurants or places (areas, tourist attractions etc...) in Bangkok or Phuket?

Phuket: no tests required. From own experience around Christmas and two mates being there until end of January and end of February.

Temperature taken when entering the party strip. After that nothing.

Pattaya: when I was there they started with that craziness after New Year.

Few places took it serious for a while.

It was more my own caution that kept me from mixing in at the most crowded places.

Nowadays it seems gone almost completely.

That "swimming pool club": yes they are under the spotlight. Maybe raided after real crazy crowded/wild partying before New Year. When I wanted to enter it took me some effort to show them my Thai vaccination certificate which (at that time) was sufficient without test.

From a friend in Jomtien: completely unrestricted madness at a WS gogo which can not be described here.

Bangkok? Maybe still check at Khao San? And vaccination certificate should be good without test.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The authorities introduced it a few weeks ago in Pattaya, staff to test every day, customers to have a written ATK test within the last 3 days. It was enforced for a couple days then no one took any notice as there were no customers. The Police aren’t bothered, they only appear at 11 pm to make sure everything is closing but I believe even that’s been relaxed and there is a bit of drinking up time. No alcohol is supposed to be sold between 2pm and 5pm but not all the bars are sticking to the rules.

• Like 2