Police asked to investigate suspected Thai university entrance exam cheating

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Thank heavens this does not happen during police entrance examinations......????

Really? Surely you jest. or have I missed your sarcasm? I've just noticed your smiley.????

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai PBS that it is suspected that the cheater, used a pen type spy camera or a spy camera glasses to take snap shots of the mathematics and science exam papers and then wirelessly transmitted them to the Snapask app.

Going digital, Prayut will be impressed.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thammasat University’s Assoc. Prof. Chalie Charoenlarpnopparut, in his capacity as the manager of the Thai University Central Admission System (TCAS65), told Thai PBS that it is suspected that the cheater, used a pen type spy camera or a spy camera glasses to take snap shots of the mathematics and science exam papers and then wirelessly transmitted them to the Snapask app.

So unless the device used to send the snapshot can also receive and I've not heard of a pen or glasses that can do this [I could very well be wrong here, if so fair enough] or the exams are the same every year, what benefit did the sender gain?

Unless they had other devices for this I suppose but that would imply the invigilators were either utterly incompetent or in on the cheating...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cheating has been a part of all types of examinations here in Thailand.  Isn't the first time and it won't be the last

Yet, seems as some just becoming aware of this reality - for ages.

Pathetic. 

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

used a pen type spy camera or a spy camera glasses to take snap shots of the mathematics and science exam papers and then wirelessly transmitted them to the Snapask app.

Then what?

Is it suggested that someone on Snapask solved the questions in real-time, and then somehow transmitted the answers back to the test taker?

Or is this about using the same test/questions for years? 

• Like 1