Foreign tourist allegedly attacked by security guards after bill dispute in Central Pattaya

webfact

Just now, pomchop said:

While a bit of a pain maybe the best way to prevent padding problems is to have adequate supply of small bills and pay the correct amount as each drink is delivered.  No claims of no you gave me 500 not 1000 baht and if the price of the first drink is double or triple you pay up drink up and get out of the place.  Maybe a good practice until you get to know the place and can observe others to see if anyone is having any problems?  
I really don't think drinking for hours with check bins piling up, you getting drunk, and then trying to sort it all out is a great idea especially in a bar that is new to you.

True. Best not to get drunk in bars fullstop. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigz said:

Ok. According to the article the Irishman hit his head by falling on the floor and not by direct hit from the security guard. that's again according to the article and the so called Australian witnesses. I wasn't creating a story the journalist did. I do accept that you were there and having better knowledge of the events.

I actually spoke to the witness....in English. 

Police do not believe the bouncers. What more do you need?

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1

Leave it to the Asean Now old crows to jump to conclusions, make false accusations, assume the worst, Thai bash at the slightest falang/Thai interaction...555. 

Is there stories of Thais adding drinks on to some drunk's bin? Yes

Is there stories of a falang trying to do a runner? Yes

Is there stories of aggressive drunk farangs acting like total twits? Yes

Is there stories of security guards going over the top? Yes

Is there stories of security guards dealing with drunk ass bites? Yes

Unless you were one of the 2 parties involved in this fiasco, you're just guessing at what happened. Grow up, get a life.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bbko said:

Leave it to the Asean Now old crows to jump to conclusions, make false accusations, assume the worst, Thai bash at the slightest falang/Thai interaction...555. 

Agreed… too much bashing… eh ? ????????

Awww… Thai bash…

oh… Farang bash..  oops.. it’s Falang…  who’ve you been hanging around with to influence he who must be bashed ? 

oh..  back with you… farang..     Yes there is.. or are..  twits many are, or is… 

Is, yes, are, over the top, wrong….

Yes, is happens, kicking wrong…  

Unless you were one of the 2 parties involved in this fiasco, you're just guessing at what happened. Grow up, get a life.

Agreed… should have led with this !!!! 

23 minutes ago, bbko said:

Unless you were one of the 2 parties involved in this fiasco, you're just guessing at what happened.

There's a pretty good chance one of them doesn't remember.  Before I took the oath in the 80's, I did lots of stupid stuff I that I didn't remember the next day.  It's called blackout drinking.    You're perfectly ambulatory, but don't remember a thing you did.  Not to be confused with pass out drinking, where you're not so ambulatory.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Me too, but to be fair back in the days when I did drink, they were horrendous because of my own doing... didn't happen too often but when it did, it really did.

Easier than a shake of a bell rope...... a drink for every member of staff at LD prices, (and a few who dash over from nearby)  will run into many thousands of baht these days....and that is not the pittance it might have been in the 80s. 

In uniform crazy Thailand, even civil servants wear them, it just an excuse for uneducated, untrained thugs to look the part.

They are not their to provide security, in fact they are a menace and cause more problems than they alleviate because they believe the 'uniform' gives them authority. Utter nonsense.

5 hours ago, bbko said:

You forgot the stories of Thais taking 1000bht and giving change for 500bht!

13 hours ago, markeewan said:

I am not going to comment on the situation with the Irishman in this story, but my experience with normal bars is that if you are obnoxious in any way then they may pad your bill. 

My woman says .............

"I would never steal from my boss, because she would have me killed"

"I would always steal from customers if I thought they were too drunk to know"

And she never discriminated on nationality, skin colour or behaviour (Thai/Chinese/white), just drunkenness.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

There's a pretty good chance one of them doesn't remember.  Before I took the oath in the 80's, I did lots of stupid stuff I that I didn't remember the next day.  It's called blackout drinking.    You're perfectly ambulatory, but don't remember a thing you did.  Not to be confused with pass out drinking, where you're not so ambulatory.

I did alot of blackout drinking in my way younger days. Pic of me in a Hong Kong jail, woke up next morning in my rack aboard ship without a memory.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Where is that claim  made ?

Need to wait until the Irish guy sobers up and wait until we hear what he has to say .

It may be that he did refuse to pay his bill, for some reason . 

Could be that he liked the sound of the bell ringing and kept ringing the bell ?

Where does it say he was drunk?

21 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I have been drinking in dens of disrepute for 20 years in Thailand and never had a problem with a security guards.... probably as i am polite, play my bills and dont act like a complete <deleted>.

I have had a similar experience coming to Thailand since 2000.

Possibly it helps if a person doesn't get sloppy drunk, then you don't get targeted.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smutcakes said:

or even more likely the tourist was a drunken gobby idiot and picked an argument with the wrong person and got his just desserts. Lesson hopefully learnt.

"and picked an argument with the wrong person".  You mean security guy/guys?? Just how many security guys jumped on this guy?

On 3/18/2022 at 9:29 AM, Bruno123 said:

Accidentally fell...  ????  Doesn't quite tally with the witness shouting loudly for minutes that two particular security guards(he pointed them out) had done for him. Fortunately for all concerned, he was merely unconscious. 

he fell helped by security by accident his head hit the bell

As a non drinker, non monger, a person who never goes into bars, I do walk all over the main parts of Pattaya and Bangkok.

I would walk down Walking Street and notice that almost all the bars had security guards at the door, then I would walk down Soi 6 and see almost no security guards at the doors of the bars.

If I was a drinker or monger, I know which bars I would go into and which ones to avoid.