Would you pay THB25K to watch Liverpool v United in a friendly?

webfact

To keys words ..

EXHIBITION .. not competitive and certainly no serious tackles

JULY ...who will still be with United and Liverpool after season ends. Highly likely Ronaldo and Pogba won't be there and Salah !!

Coporate paid farce with masks on !!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

GF and her brother are thinking about the 5000 baht seats...lifelong LP fans...see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to see their favored sons.

Be money well wasted when they trot out a youth and reserve team.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A match between Liverpool and United is being billed as the 'Red War' by the Thai media and fans. 

Maybe the media should have more knowledge of the game and know only one team cam play in red.

• Haha 2

A rambling OP but yes, even THB 5,000 is over the top for a friendly match.

When I checked the PR on this, I saw an interesting snippet :

The organiser said it would renovate the entire stadium, from the stands and the tunnel to the dressing rooms, akin to stadiums in the UK.

I have no idea of the costs of such renovations but I assume that does not come cheap and I guess they will be using the pre-paid ticket fees received for this purpose ?

I hope they have a healthy cash reserve in case the event is cancelled for some reason, like for example, unfavourable circumstances regarding a certain virus or LFC/MUFC not being satisfied with the promised stadium upgrades (likely included in the contracts)...

Otherwise, you might find it quite difficult to get your ticket refunded...we have already seen Thai insurance companies promise the world and then fail to meet their customer commitments over the last 6 months.

• Like 1

Would you pay THB25K to watch Liverpool v United in a friendly?

Isn't the headline misleading ?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The cheapest seat is THB5,000 which is £114.00, and fans are restricted to buying a maximum of just four tickets.

You can buy a single ticket for 5,000 baht , how does that equate to 25,000 baht ?

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

I would not pay 25Baht to watch a bunch of overpaid Prima Donnas prancing around on a football pitch especially in the height of summer in BKK.

Why,do you think it will be a little too hot for you petal?

• Sad 2

Would be interested in the financial schemes necessary to bring this "Century Cup" to the aging Rajamangala National Stadium.

"Century Cup"? So a once every hundred years sort of thing?

Organizer Fresh Air Festival is rumored to have had to pay 400 million baht.

And they have asked to "government" for financial "help".

Is that the appearance fee Liverpool and Man U negotiated and share?

25,000 per seat may be what is required to come close to recouping the outlay?

We didn’t ask govt for THB400m for Man Utd-Liverpool match: Fresh Air Festival

Event organiser Fresh Air Festival insisted it had not asked the government for 400 million baht in financial support for a much anticipated match between Manchester United and Liverpool in Bangkok.

Vinij said he did ask the government for support but he did not mention how much or what he wanted.

The CEO said he made the request for unspecified support in November 2021 and he had almost forgotten about it now as he had not received any reply.

https://www.nationthailand.com/life/40012714