Bar owners are finding it hard to recruit Thai girls

webfact

7 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's not the the world I grew up, either, however, that is the world today.  It's all about what you are, not who you are these days. 

Agreed, it's not the world I grew up in either, but it is life and relationships as they are today.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's not the the world I grew up in either, however, that is the world today.  It's all about what you are, not who you are these days. 

Studies have shown divorce rates rise and fall with changing economic conditions.  I guess the success of many marriages depends on earning capacity at a give time.  That would appear to make money the central part of the marriage. 

Your beliefs shape your world. Someone who hates everyone is going to have a different perception of the world than someone who loves everyone ????  They can be standing next to each other but having a totally different perception of what is happening.. You see what you see and convince yourself that you are right.

That is YOUR world. You and many others think it's all about the money. It is; when you treat each other like commodities. 

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Agreed, it's not the world I grew up in either, but it is life and relationships as they are today.

No; it's your life and your relationships as they are today. You are simply transposing your experience to all.

I choose a different path and get a different result. 

Which one of us is in denial? ???? None of my girlfriends/partners needed paying, nor did I need to pay for them; that's a fact. But yet you suggest that it is I who is living in denial.

It doesn't mean that I am criticising. We all have to get through the journey best we can ????

Stay healthy, be happy, do no harm ???? 

22 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Your beliefs shape your world. Someone who hates everyone is going to have a different perception of the world than someone who loves everyone ????  They can be standing next to each other but having a totally different perception of what is happening.. You see what you see and convince yourself that you are right.

That is YOUR world. You and many others think it's all about the money. It is; when you treat each other like commodities. 

Don't forget, how you see yourself isn't how people see you

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Interesting post. 

Well, Pattaya being the world's brothel doesn't exactly attract the nice Thai's, and the nice expats / tourists.

Perhaps it's not about love and hate here, but just being street wise.

Pattaya really is all about the money.   I'm interested to hear why you think that's not the case.  

51 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Interesting post. 

Well, Pattaya being the world's brothel doesn't exactly attract the nice Thai's, and the nice expats / tourists.

Perhaps it's not about love and hate here, but just being street wise.

Pattaya really is all about the money.   I'm interested to hear why you think that's not the case.  

I mean if you act as if it is all about the money; then it is all about the money. It's up to you as to what kind of relationships you create.

9 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

I mean if you act as if it is all about the money; then it is all about the money. It's up to you as to what kind of relationships you create.

Mostly life is always about the money unless,

1. you don't have any money, or

2. you're Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos (and even they couldn't keep their women).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Mostly life is always about the money unless,

1. you don't have any money, or

2. you're Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos (and even they couldn't keep their women).

Your life...

Your second statement disproves to what you alluded in the first place. Some of the richest people around "couldn't keep their women".

I didn't have any trouble finding and keeping them at all when I had no or little money. Think of how many people have been 'taken'; going to Thailand with their riches and in the end were scammed out of everything when their partners returned to their 'poor' husbands/boyfriends.

How many were abandoned when the money ran out.

The guys who self esteem is so low, that they lavish gifts on a woman in order to impress her and then are caught up in a dark place of their own making.

Your time is more valuable than money. If you are worth anything as a person, they should be happy with that. If not, they are not happy with themselves and you should avoid them anyway.

Having money on top of that is just a bonus.

I understand your situation; so it's not criticism; just the standard by which I live.

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I didn't have any trouble finding and keeping them at all when I had no or little money. Think of how many people have been 'taken'; going to Thailand with their riches and in the end were scammed out of everything when their partners returned to their 'poor' husbands/boyfriends.

I'm wondering how long your relationships last, I'm thinking not long.

Lots of girls will give you a go for a week/month/year at no charge.

But then when their expected 'life of ease' doesn't happen, just move on.

I've had 4 'live with' relationships, 30 years, 1 year, 6 years, 6 years.

Starting from when I moved out from 'mom', until now.

How about you? (only live-ins count, excluding your mom)

Edited by BritManToo

On 4/7/2022 at 2:41 AM, RandiRona said:

"Bar owners are finding it hard to recruit Thai girls"

Because most of them taken and married to TV/Asean members. :stoner:

They don't seem to be finding it too difficult in Pattaya.

Whether that will be the case when the go-go's are operating, we will find out then. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

've had 4 'live with' relationships, 30 years, 1 year, 6 years, 6 years.

Judging by the amount of times you refer to the 30 year ex wife from hell, it appears you still have a soft spot for her?

Just now, PJ71 said:

Judging by the amount of times you refer to the 30 year ex wife from hell, it appears you still have a soft spot for her?

30 years living with someone is hard to forget or put behind you, the only woman I ever loved.

I still think of my parents and I only lived with them for 18 years.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 2:49 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Presumably you agree the money up front? girls don't care if you have sex or not as long as you pay

Non of the girls I have went with ever discussed money with me, and I always paid what I thought was going rate no matter what happened or more. Never had any complains. Most girls stayed for days, some for weeks travelling together, and a few for a month or more.

Never did short time, where I guess money comes up first. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm wondering how long your relationships last, I'm thinking not long.

Lots of girls will give you a go for a week/month/year at no charge.

But then when their expected 'life of ease' doesn't happen, just move on.

I've had 4 'live with' relationships, 30 years, 1 year, 6 years, 6 years.

Starting from when I moved out from 'mom', until now.

How about you? (only live-ins count, excluding your mom)

You of course...are wrong. Anything from six months to seven years is the answer I will give.

As I told you; you have your perception of the world so you are convinced that you are right.

Not even a single break-up was due to money/finances.

Many were due to me not really wanting to be with the person; but just going along with it since I didn't have a strong idea of what would work anyway.

I don't have a problem in keeping women; my issue is with getting rid of them. One of the reasons why I am careful in choosing.

You likely wouldn't believe me, but I've turned down 'supermodels' and pop stars and millionaires because I just didn't want to get involved. Fell in love with a poor refugee who was eighteen when I was thirty one. Incidentally, she is quite wealthy now ???? 

I am very laid back in some ways. Where some people adhere to a ticking clock, I adhere to a good feeling.

So where someone will insist on being on time; rather than keeping a good feeling, I will let them go. 

Some of my relationships ended because I simply didn't bother to turn up. I guess I wasn't ready.

I had sex on tap from the age of fifteen. Moved in with the barmaid from a West End nightclub at fifteen. I think she was twenty five or younger. Then moved to a separate room in her three bedroomed apartment and had my girlfriends visit me there. . The things were which you pay now and then were available to me and perhaps even forced on me. Even then I was given gifts and money by women; as a teenager.

I could tell you some stories ???? 

As I stated earlier; there is no criticism from me. I didn't walk in your shoes and you haven't walked in mine. Be happy and stay healthy. 

15 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Your life...

Your second statement disproves to what you alluded in the first place. Some of the richest people around "couldn't keep their women".

The guys who self esteem is so low, that they lavish gifts on a woman in order to impress her and then are caught up in a dark place of their own making.

Your time is more valuable than money. If you are worth anything as a person, they should be happy with that. If not, they are not happy with themselves and you should avoid them anyway.

Having money on top of that is just a bonus.

I understand your situation; so it's not criticism; just the standard by which I live.

I take it you are not old and past sell by date for casual sex with attractive women without baggage or that don't look like granny.

Wait till you are and get back to us on how many free ones you are getting.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

I had sex on tap from the age of fifteen. Moved in with the barmaid from a West End nightclub at fifteen. I think she was twenty five or younger. Then moved to a separate room in her three bedroomed apartment and had my girlfriends visit me there. . The things were which you pay now and then were available to me and perhaps even forced on me. Even then I was given gifts and money by women; as a teenager.

I hope you realise that such a male person would be so small a % of all males on the planet as to need too many zeros behind the decimal point to post on here.

Entirely possible if the genders were reversed though.

BTW, how many single barmaids can afford a 3 bedroom apartment in London?

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I take it you are not old and past sell by date for casual sex with attractive women without baggage or that don't look like granny.

Wait till you are and get back to us on how many free ones you are getting.

Assumptions..... ???? 

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope you realise that such a male person would be so small a % of all males on the planet as to need too many zeros behind the decimal point to post on here.

Entirely possible if the genders were reversed though.

BTW, how many single barmaids can afford a 3 bedroom apartment in London?

First sentence you state it's possible; second sentence alludes to it being impossible as it could only be possible if the gender roles were reversed. Which is it? Your mind not able to accept?

Even your third sentence shows your mind still unable to accept. 

Life wasn't always the way it is now. A council flat before the ridiculous second bedroom tax. She didn't charge me a thing; I was only fifteen ???? 

When she started getting grumpy that I wouldn't come out of my room to communicate with her(she had her own boyfriend by then), another girl I met in the same nightclub came to pick me up and moved me in. Two bedroom apartment near Selfridges. Bought me a car(I couldn't drive), bought me clothes, gave me money to take my girlfriend out(yes, I had a girlfriend). I was sixteen.

Decked out my apartment when I got one at seventeen. 

I didn't have to ask. In fact, she would ask what my girlfriend had that she didn't have and offered to give me what it took. My girlfriend was eighteen at the time and she was in her twenties.

This is a woman that would have cars screeching to a halt in the street, the occupants wolf whistling...and she chose me.

I didn't think my life was unusual at the time; as of course my friends and acquaintances would be telling me all about their conquests; whereas I wasn't trying to conquer anyone, but to connect with them. So I didn't really talk about it. 

But when I did, I would get the expressions of disbelief. Not from my actual friends, as they saw it in action. I was dismayed, as with all the stories they told, I thought my stories would be tame in comparison. 

I really did come to Thailand for the beaches and the temples ???? 

Birds of a feather, flock together. That's why so many here assume that everyone is doing the same thing and mock anyone who suggests that they are not. 

I am not quite so cynical.

For me it's a place to heal; rather than to wear myself out. I don't need to get involved in unpleasant things.

18 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

I had sex on tap from the age of fifteen. Moved in with the barmaid from a West End nightclub at fifteen. I think she was twenty five or younger.

That would make her a paedophile and you a trafficked child prostitute she had groomed.

Was her name Maxwell by any chance?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You likely wouldn't believe me, but I've turned down 'supermodels' and pop stars and millionaires because I just didn't want to get involved.

Crikey!  And each in the plural!  You should write a book based on your experiences, it would be a guaranteed best seller.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That would make her a paedophile and you a trafficked child prostitute she had groomed.

Was her name Maxwell by any chance?

I didn't have sex with her; I had a girlfriend. She just allowed me to move in and we spent time together; going out sometimes. 

We did sleep in the same bed perhaps once or twice... when I first moved in, as I didn't really know what was expected of me. But I wasn't really in to her in that way. The fact that she gave me my own bedroom and allowed me to have my girlfriends over shows that your rather nasty suggestion is not the case.

A bit of a nasty post by yourself. It's not something about which to joke. You have dropped down a notch in my estimation. Be careful.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Crikey!  And each in the plural!  You should write a book based on your experiences, it would be a guaranteed best seller.

Plural meant as a group, rather than multiple of each. I have been requested to do exactly that. I'm just not the type that thinks people would be that interested and really it's none of their business ???? 

I only write this as it's in context with the general theme.

You won't see me boasting about my conquests. Rather explaining that there is more than one school of thought.

18 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I didn't have sex with her; I had a girlfriend. She just allowed me to move in and we spent time together; going out sometimes.

Would also point out it's illegal in the UK to let a minor have sex with someone in your house.

It would have put her on the sex offenders list if it had been reported.

My 15yo son wanted to have sex with his 16yo girlfriend in my house back in the UK.

I made him wait until he was 16 as I didn't want to go to jail.

It was still a complete poopstorm when her dad found out, after they were both 16, but at least they couldn't call the police and have me arrested and charged as a sex offender.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Would also point out it's illegal in the UK to let a minor have sex with someone in your house.

It would have put her on the sex offenders list if it had been reported.

My 15yo son wanted to have sex with his 16yo girlfriend in my house back in the UK.

I made him wait until he was 16 as I didn't want to go to jail.

It was still a complete poopstorm when her dad found out, after they were both 16, but at least they couldn't call the police and have me arrested and charged as a sex offender.

I was sixteen by that time..... I moved in at fifteen. Anyway, it would not have made the slightest bit of difference. 

There were a lot worse things happening at the time. I was a sixteen year old who had his takeaway food delivered on china plates by Taxicabs. I would hear exactly what the rich and famous were doing, before it got to the mainstream, if it ever did.

I don't step on anyone's toes and hopefully they won't step on mine. ???? 

Edited by Bruno123