Can tourists still pet tigers in Thailand, and where is closest to Bangkok?

cliveshep

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Whats that got to do with drugging them? How many more links would you like of the abuse they suffer?

I would like just one link where it shows they are being drugged . 

From the same article...

"Drugging used to happen a lot and then it got exposed.  Whether places are still drugging them and hiding it, I don't know [either way]"

23 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...and are happy being around humans".

Only because they are so doped-up they have no idea what is going on!

Again, you have no evidence of that , that's just what you think .

You can get sued for libel and slander for making false accusations 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Male tigers fight each other to be leader of the herd and being leader of the herd gives them the right to breed with the females .

When one tiger fights and kills a rival tiger and becomes leader of the herd, he will also kill any cub tigers , he will do this because it encourages the female tigers to breed again .

Er, no, tigers do not live in herds, fighting for control of their (captive) females and killing the cubs.   You're getting confused with lions.  Sorry.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Fortescue said:

I should say it's more humiliating for the human than for the tiger, since it shows absolutely no respect for the animal as an alpha predator. If you want to cuddle a tiger, buy a toy and watch Disney animations, these wild animals have millenia of predatory instincts developed in them. Do you imagine that being born in captivity for one or two generations changes that? The answer to that question can be found in the number of idiots in South Africa and elsewhere that have been killed, maimed, dismembered and eaten when they thought they had a friendly relationship with the beast.

True bit how many more died driving to the Zoo and never got the chance to pet? Both are small risks IMO.  Something seems wrong about caging wild animals and the experience of petting them contrived and embarrassing.  If it floats his daughters boat and they are morally cool with it, then pet and pose for pics to their hearts content.  Probably a lot of FB likes to be had.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Er, no, tigers do not live in herds, fighting for control of their (captive) females and killing the cubs.   You're getting confused with lions.

No, he is correct but should have not used the word herd. Replace that word with territory and all is good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Er, no, tigers do not live in herds, fighting for control of their (captive) females and killing the cubs.   You're getting confused with lions.

Well , the point still stands, If a Tiger sees another Male tiger , they will likely fight for supremacy and if the new tiger wins, he will kill the females tiger cubs  .

Those soon to be killed tiger cubs are rescued and then taken to tiger kingdoms 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, atpeace said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, he is correct but should have not used the word herd. Replace that word with territory and all is good.

No, tigers do not fight for control of females and kill their cubs just to mate,  they wander their territory, find a female, bang it and bu_gger off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, tigers do not fight for control of females and kill their cubs just to mate,  they wander their territory, find a female, bang it and bu_gger off.

Male tigers normally kill the cubs that are not theirs just in order to mate with the mother or to take over the territory and exert their dominance over that region.

male tigers will also not hesitate to kill the cubs of their ex-mates just in order to mate again with the females during the times when there are not mating partners available to them.

https://onlyzoology.com/do-male-tigers-help-raise-cubs-why-do-tigers-kill-cubs-and-more-to-know/

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You are right, there are documentaries on Internet to learn how live wild tigers : some people have to learn that tigers are not lions 

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Didn't the tiger place have a load of dead tiger cubs and tiger body parts frozen?  I don't think they were that much better off in the tiger sanctuary.  Death may have been the more favourable option.

Best not to associate yourself with any animal tourism in Thailand, unless you are very sure that the animals are not being abused and are being cared for properly.

I thought the tourist attraction was shut down after authorities discovered the place was just posing as a tourist attraction to disguise the fact they were in the illegal but lucrative biz of selling tiger parts to a Chinese medicine man.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott Tracy said:

For the OP: If the intention was to ignore or not invite comments from so called morons, you came to the wrong place.

There are other methods of getting such information without putting it out for public review....

Petting wild animals is wrong. Putting wild animals in captivity is wrong. Destroying wild animals habitat is wrong. Big sweeping syatements, I know, but....I'm a moron...

They are not wild animals though , they are tame .

They are big cats 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scott Tracy said:

Ok, go stroke them in the wild....

No, that would be stupid and dangerous . 

Same as other wild animals , like dogs , wild dogs are not safe to stroke, although domesticated dogs are safer to stroke .

Can you see a difference between wild animals and domesticated animals ?

• Like 1

QUOTE from a tourist that visited the Tiger Temple...

"I was nervous about going into the Temple, however I was reassured by the staff that as the tigers had been hand reared, they were so used to humans they were completely tame."

But no worries, the Tiger Temple paid the medical bills after she was mauled.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

For the OP: If the intention was to ignore or not invite comments from so called morons, you came to the wrong place.

There are other methods of getting such information without putting it out for public review....

Petting wild animals is wrong. Putting wild animals in captivity is wrong. Destroying wild animals habitat is wrong. Big sweeping syatements, I know, but....I'm a moron...

I’m a very happy moron too.